Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

On 12/1/2022 at 8:58 AM, JonnyF said:

She worded the question poorly by the sounds of it.

Anyone with a bit of common sense knows what she meant. Vilifying an 83 year old woman for not being fluent in Woke is really low behaviour, but perfectly in keeping with the proponents of cancel culture and the perpetually offended.

Still, it could earn Ms. Fulani a spot on Harry's wife's next podcast series, assuming Spotify are stupid enough to keep it going.

Quite possible that it was a fortuitous encounter for the woman who was called Marlene Headley before taking up an African name and adding dreadlocks and apparently had been attacking the RF for sometime. Looks African to me but not sure from where.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:58 AM, JonnyF said:

She worded the question poorly by the sounds of it.

Anyone with a bit of common sense knows what she meant. Vilifying an 83 year old woman for not being fluent in Woke is really low behaviour, but perfectly in keeping with the proponents of cancel culture and the perpetually offended.

Still, it could earn Ms. Fulani a spot on Harry's wife's next podcast series, assuming Spotify are stupid enough to keep it going.

Quite possible that it was a fortuitous encounter for the woman who was called Marlene Headley before taking up an African name and adding dreadlocks and apparently had been attacking the RF for sometime. Looks African to me but not sure from where.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The question was asked out of the blue. Your emphasis on the tone is a deflection.

Not what I meant of course. And you don't really know the colour of the bush that Q jumped out of either.

Just now, cmsally said:

I couldn't care a less, but that means it should also be possible to have charities that are only for whites/ native British/Indian descent/ Polish etc. etc.

Please provide a link that establishes your claim that Sista Space only supports black people.

17 minutes ago, cmsally said:

"Sistah Space advocate for African heritage women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage affected by abuse."

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regId=1179934&subId=0

Nothing there implies they ONLY help black people. You're making stuff up.

The shop is open for everyone, and if someone suffering from domestic abuse comes in need of something they can’t afford, they will give it to them for free. It also helps them pay their rent and continue doing their work.

https://bootstrapcharity.com/blog/meet-sistah-space/

Edited by ozimoron

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

And she would regularly meet people from all over the World and it wouldn't be odd for her to ask where people came from

And when they answer (twice) a certain country, to keep on with the “no, where are you REALLY from?” 
Asking once is not the problem; continually asking once you have been given an answer (twice) is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, cmsally said:

It's bonkers . When I tell Thais that I am Thai , they immediately ask me where I really come from. Should I be on the telly demanding people get fired and telling people how I feel abused. It's ridiculous.

The questioning continued once it was established the charity worker was British. 

“No where are you really from” was  an indication of refusal to accept this fact and racist.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nothing there implies they ONLY help black people. You're making stuff up.

The shop is open for everyone, and if someone suffering from domestic abuse comes in need of something they can’t afford, they will give it to them for free. It also helps them pay their rent and continue doing their work.

At the top of the link it says "MEET SISTAH SPACE: HELPING BLACK WOMEN SUFFERING DOMESTIC ABUSE"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She's old and old people make mistakes.

I'm old but nowhere near her age and I say things that may not be appropriate, so I'm not going to condemn her for saying something that isn't really a big deal.

IMO this is someone with an agenda seeking to cause problems for the Royals, and the woke jumping on a bandwagon.

As I've said before, if she were actually racist it would have been picked up long ago.

She was the Queen's consort for 60 years and still helps in Royal circles. she’s not just some random 83 year old that doesn’t know any better. 
As I’ve said, she may not have thought she was being racist BUT it was an incredibly clumsy conversation from someone who should really know better. 
And obviously both she and the palace agree since she has now resigned. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Also notice its the ones who seem to attack the U.K at every available opportunity and seem to despise the UK , are the ones siding with Ngozi 

And when all else fails, let’s pull out the nationalist card. 
Just because we don’t agree with your myopic vision of what the UK is about doesnt mean we are attacking the UK and it certainly doesn’t mean we despise it. 
If anything we love it more because we love its diversity, it’s different cultures and its tolerance for others. We have faith the UK will be ok, whilst you and your ilk think a cultural war is just around the corner. 
Thankfully you are very much in the minority as like it or not (probably not), the UK is continuing with inclusiveness and thankfully, calling out idiots like Lady Foot In Her Mouth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cmsally said:

You said previously:

Now you accept that they only help black women.

My point was that if you discriminate on the basis of colour does that not constitute racism , which makes her guilty of the same thing that she is accusing someone else of doing.

Incorrect, I categorically refute that I accept they only help black women. Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. 

I have insisted on a link establishing that Sistah Space only helps black people but it seems that nobody on the right here understands English.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Incorrect, I categorically refute that I accept they only help black women. Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. 

I have insisted on a link establishing that Sistah Space only helps black people but it seems that nobody on the right here understands English.

So in other words they might help white South Africans and Indians from the African continent or the Caribbean?

However they do seem to use the terms "African heritage" and "black" interchangeably.

MEET SISTAH SPACE: HELPING BLACK WOMEN SUFFERING DOMESTIC ABUSE

Sistah Space are a community-based non-profit initiative created to bridge the gap in domestic abuse services for African heritage women and girls. They offer services such as advice, advocacy, one on one support, group sessions, support in court and educational classes to black women suffering domestic, sexual, discriminatory, organisational or financial and material abuse. 

I wonder if white South Africans would take that as a microaggression?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cmsally said:

So in other words they might help white South Africans and Indians from the African continent or the Caribbean?

However they do seem to use the terms "African heritage" and "black" interchangeably.

I wonder if white South Africans would take that as a microaggression?

No, I meant precisely the words I said and only the words I used. Evidence that they would refuse assistance to any woman will suffice.

All those here leaping to attack Ngozi for running a charity which they claim only helps black women should back their BS up or back off.

Edited by ozimoron

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Slander is defined (Oxford dictionariy) as "a false statement uttered maliciously that damaged a person's reputation"; leaving aside the fact that I wrote it and published it on this forum which arguably would make it libel not slander, all my observations as to how she presented herself are irrefutable and in the public domain.

I expressed an opinion, which you may have found unpalatable - that is hardly gossip!

Is her being a fraud “irrefutable and in the public domain” because that’s what you said. 
If it is “ irrefutable and in the public domain” I guess you won’t mind posting a link. 

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No, I meant precisely the words I said and only the words I used. Evidence that they would refuse assistance to any woman will suffice.

If a charity is set up that helps army veterans and says so in it's charity description, you can pretty much bet it only helps army veterans. Whether they have helped the odd person who is not an army veteran is pretty much irrelevant as they were set up to help army veterans and quite clearly state that.  The same would be said of a charity that is set up to help those that are black and/or of African heritage

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cmsally said:

If a charity is set up that helps army veterans and says so in it's charity description, you can pretty much bet it only helps army veterans. Whether they have helped the odd person who is not an army veteran is pretty much irrelevant as they were set up to help army veterans and quite clearly state that.  The same would be said of a charity that is set up to help those that are black and/or of African heritage

I asked for a link not a hypothetical made up scenario, is it so hard to understand?

You've slurred Ngozi now back it up.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

All those here leaping to attack Ngozi for running a charity which they claim only helps black women should back their BS up or back off.

Then maybe they should alter the description of their charity to be more inclusive!

Quote from Ngozi "“We see this with the anniversary memorial of Sarah Everard, which is all over the media, and the brief mention of Nessa, who’s a teacher that was murdered. There’s only mention of white and brown women in the media, and a total disregard for black women, hence the need to create Sistah Space.”, explains Ngozi."

Let's face it she couldn't be clearer! She basically says that she created it for black women!

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes quite right she was unfit for 60 years. 

Yep, hussey was clearly unfit for purpose and we should all be grateful someone capable of such racist questioning of people about their nationality and refusing to accept answers because of their ethnicity has been removed from her post. 

Edited by Bluespunk