Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

From a different angle 

The Palace has treated Lady Hussey cruelly

On the Lady Susan Hussey affair – is anyone else more horrified by the Palace’s behaviour than Lady Hussey’s?

Yes, it seems Lady Hussey was a tad blunt in her interaction with charity boss Ngozi Fulani.

But for the Palace to banish Lady Hussey almost instantly, despite the fact that she devoted her entire adult life to the institution, is far more callous. It’s cruel, in fact  Lady Hussey might have been clumsy in her chat with Ms Fulani, but give me clumsiness over cruelty any day

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-palace-has-treated-lady-hussey-cruelly/

I assume that's the writer's opinion. It could also be that she chose to resign to avoid further embarrassment to the palace, and also that she is old and might like to have a cuppa and a  long lie down instead of going to affairs where she meets a lot of people she has nothing in common with.

Does the Spectator support or oppose the Royals?

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If white people in positions of responsiblity and in the public eye do it, yes it is racist. Again, you are deflecting,.

It was a private discussion and the person who allegedly made the innocent  comments hasn't been named , and NO , it isn't racist to speak about what a baby will look like . 

You really need to stop calling so many people racists 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

60 years of service and suddenly its all gone because of what seems to be a misunderstanding 

Nothing is "gone". She's an old lady and probably stayed on because she likes the life style, rather than to "do a job". Most people likely gave up "work" as soon as they qualified for a pension.

She might not be whatever such ladies actually do anymore, but I doubt any personal relationships have "gone".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was a private discussion and the person who allegedly made the innocent  comments hasn't been named , and NO , it isn't racist to speak about what a baby will look like . 

You really need to stop calling so many people racists 

The person on the receiving end of a racist conversation has every right to object to that conversation publicly.

With great privilege comes great responsibility.

It wasn't just me that called her racist, the palace did too.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can you provide a link to that ?

Provide a link where the Palace calls Hussey a racist 

I refer you to the OP.

The palace described the remarks as "unacceptable and deeply regrettable".

A spokesperson for Prince William said "racism has no place in our society".

Please do NOT clip my posts. It is against the rules.

• Thanks 1

For those not quite getting the nuances of how racist and out of touch this conversation was:

Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:

Lady SH: Where are you from?

Me: Sistah Space.

SH: No, where do you come from?

Me: We're based in Hackney.

SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?

Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.

SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?

Me: Here, the UK.

SH: No, but what nationality are you?

Me: I am born here and am British.

SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?

Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?

SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?

Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...

SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!

Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.

SH: Oh so you're from...

• Like 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

I refer you to the OP.

The palace described the remarks as "unacceptable and deeply regrettable".

A spokesperson for Prince William said "racism has no place in our society".

Please do NOT clip my posts. It is against the rules.

I asked you to provide a link and I clipped you post to show which part of your post I wanted a link to 

Its allowed to do that and it isn't against the rules 

You haven't provided a link which shows the Palace calling her a racist , that is because the Palace didn't make those allegations .

You posted wrong information and you should retract it .

That may well be against forum rules, posting fake info .

The Palace did NOT call her a racist , you are wrong about that

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I asked you to provide a link and I clipped you post to show which part of your post I wanted a link to 

Its allowed to do that and it isn't against the rules 

You haven't provided a link which shows the Palace calling her a racist , that is because the Palace didn't make those allegations .

You posted wrong information and you should retract it .

That may well be against forum rules, posting fake info .

The Palace did NOT call her a racist , you are wrong about that

What part of spokesman for Prince William is not the palace?

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What? You think the word was slipped in there as some kind of random word salad with no contextual connotation?

But there wasn't the accusation that She is a racist .

Some may consider what she said to be racist , but that doesn't make her to be a racist .

Do I need to explain the difference between a direct accusation and a sweeping statement from the Palace .

Did the Palace say She is a racist or even make that suggestion ?

No, they didnt 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Brendan O’Neil?

And where the Hell is he from while we’re at it?

Sounds like the Ra to me?

He’s the guy who write the article Mac Mickmanus was quoting from in the post I was responding to.

I wasn’t responding with a relevant comment, rather than scattering the tread with random trolling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kevinbraysford said:

obvious your not british.its called dialect educate yourself young man off you pop.

Well OLD BOY,  I am British and it's accent when you refer to regional pronunciations. 

https://blog.duolingo.com/dialect-vs-accent-definition/

And someone with such bad grammar shouldn't really be lecturing anyone on this matter.

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Cannot say I have heard those accents , although I have heard Persian, Polish, Romanian, Irish , Dubaian , Urdu, Punjabi , Nigerian  and Hindi accents recently  . 

I really want to know what kind of closeted existance you live in London,. You haven't heard any other regional accents? I lived in London for 25 years and I can tell you I heard plenty of Scousers, Geordies, Londoners, West Country, East England, Northern Ireland, Black Country, Yorkies, different types of Scottish brogue and Mancs and many more.

All of them were distinctive and all of them immediately told me what country/region of the UK they were from (or gave me a very good idea). 

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

For those not quite getting the nuances of how racist and out of touch this conversation was:

Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:

Lady SH: Where are you from?

Me: Sistah Space.

SH: No, where do you come from?

Me: We're based in Hackney.

SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?

Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.

SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?

Me: Here, the UK.

SH: No, but what nationality are you?

Me: I am born here and am British.

SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?

Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?

SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?

Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...

SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!

Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.

SH: Oh so you're from...

Wow. What a memory!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't read the post you quoted then? Had you done so you might have noticed the little tell- tale sign of " She wasn't very talkative or responsive".

BTW, not all Irish people have a "BROAD Irish accent", but one needs to have been there a while to know that.

I had an office in Dublin for 5 years and a girlfriend from Donegal. I know Irish accents.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Lady Hussey is elderly, and her discussion perhaps revealed notions of " identity" which are, maybe, misconceived.

But perhaps one should consider:

the complainant was wearing African traditional clothing, had elaborately braided hair in the African style, a Nigerian name, and was representing an organisation - "Sistah Space" - which takes it's name from a Carribbean patois.

Interestingly, the complainant has publicly (Twitter is public, yes?) accused both King Charles and Queen Camilla of perpetrating racially inspired domestic violence on the Duchess of Sussex.

Finally, and I mention this because it has previously been raised in the public domain, the financial accounts of her charity ,"Sistah Space", apparently make "interesting reading".

I suspect that she is a fraud. I rather suspect that Lady Hussey thought so to. Does having such a suspicion make me a racist?

It doesn't make you racist but it does make you either a gossip or liable for slander (unless of course you have hard evidence to prove she is indeed a fraud?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am correct though .

The Palace did not call her a racist .

The Palace made it clear on their stance on racism 

But the Palace didn't call her a racist .

Post a link up you have have any evidence to the contrary 

“Lying to ourselves is more deeply ingrained than lying to others.”

Fyodor Dostoevsky

• Thanks 1