Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The straw clutching going on here is pathetic.

I think it's more like ignorance and the lack of understanding of how to deal with an 83 year old lady not in touch with all the nonsense going on and going around, and getting in the face, R groups.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

I think it's more like ignorance and the lack of understanding of how to deal with an 83 year old lady not in touch with all the nonsense going on and going around, and getting in the face, R groups.

I don't agree. Her line of questioning was lucid and to the point. Her responses were sharp.

1 minute ago, AnnaBanana said:

That's exactly what it is.

This whole incident has a contrived and exaggerated air about it.

Even allowing for the fragile egos and easily hurt feelings of the Global Majority it was a lowering of the bar on what most people - who aren't pushing an agenda - would consider to be genuine insult.

When did "Global Majority" become a thing? Much less a pejorative?

Between this and wokeness being a religion I'm smelling crazy in the air today.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't agree. Her line of questioning was lucid and to the point. Her responses were sharp.

Disagree, from start the black women was invasive it was obvious what the old lady was wanted to know. 

For example if I'm somewhere in Thailand and someone asks me where I'm from,  to answer Muang Kao is invasive and rude i know exactly what they want to know. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Disagree, from start the black women was invasive it was obvious what the old lady was wanted to know. 

For example if I'm somewhere in Thailand and someone asks me where I'm from,  to answer Muang Kao is invasive and rude i know exactly what they want to know. 

Prince William's spokesman said it was racist.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes he did. The spokesman didn't do a Trump and wander off script.

You can not tell the difference between a statement and an accusation .

You take one word out the statement and add all the other words to suit you ' 

*The statement has racism written so I will add all  the other words myself*

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You can not tell the difference between a statement and an accusation .

You take one word out the statement and add all the other words to suit you ' 

*The statement has racism written so I will add all  the other words myself*

You mean I mistakenly inferred racism to mean racist? The statement about about Hussey's line of questioning. Move on.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How is that sentence different to *Susan Hussey is a racist* ?

Don't they say the same thing ?

I just input the statement made on behalf of Prince William. You interpret that yourself.

25 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is only my opinion, although I suspect that it is one quite widely held, I think that after decades of this sort of manufactured "racial outrage" the public are no longer willing to put up with it. They can see it for the nonsense which it is.

Absolutely come down hard on verbal abuse, offensive nicknames, and violent attacks. Discrimination is entirely wrong and must be righted. But this sort of business is entirely manufactured. It has absolutely nothing to do with the death of Queen Elizabeth II, or the popularity or otherwise of King Charles III.

This woman, born in Britain, presented herself at a public event using an assumed "African" name, dressed in a costume and with a hairstyle which was surely intended to raise comment. Then professes herself to be upset when it did provoke comment, in passing, by what was, without being rude, an entirely inconsequential elderly person who in no way represents the Royal Family. To describe it as "protected racism" is just silly.

It, and the media interest it was designed to provoke is so clearly manufactured, transparently so. Elements within the BBC, who have practically wet their pants at this opportunity to bring down the palace a peg or two, are running the story alongside and in parallel with the Prince and Princess of Wales' visit to the USA. Their intent is very clear.

I do wonder whether it has anything to do with the decision a year or so ago to give the opportunity to broadcast the Carol Concert, which was very much the then Duchess of Cambridge's project to a rival broadcaster (ITV?). I happen to have some experience, and idea, of how the " movers and shakers" within the BBC operate! For them revenge is a dish served cold - in Islington media circles it would be defined of course as Gazpachio served with Guacamole!

Agreed, and very eloquently put!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

All sides involved have admitted it was racist behaviour.

Once the charity worker stated she was British that was the end of it.

To say “where do you really come from?” is racism in action. 

Yes quite right that's how bad it's got for 83year old lady,  to the firing quad with her immediately. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MisterTee said:

Hogwash.

Why is she gone? Palace doesn't have the wherewithal to stand up to the woke press I suppose?

The speed of her ouster reflects the palace understanding it has a problem and trying to get ahead of it, knowing the public won't cut Charles and William the same slack as they did for the Queen and Philip.