Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

the transcript is from one of the people involved in the conversation

So what?

It has been accepted by all sides, no one has challenged it and hussey has reached out to the charity worker to apologise for her behaviour. 

It was a racist comment and no one has denied it was said. 

36 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

word salad, devoid of meaning.

To be fair it isn't devoid of meaning, but I am wondering who let Jacob Rees Mogg in and what that esteemed member would hope to gain by such an obvious display of verbose pomposity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

To be fair it isn't devoid of meaning, but I am wondering who let Jacob Rees Mogg in and what that esteemed member would hope to gain by such an obvious display of verbose pomposity.

Publicity and self aggrandisement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

word salad, devoid of meaning.

Your recalcitrant, naive arguments are devoid of gravitas.

I've met Royalty.

You have no clue of what you're talking about.

The connotation and consequence of your logic is that by default, all of your lineage are to be deemed racists - as you yourself will eventually be condemned, by ideology.

Owing to time constraints and  preservation of sanity, I can't engage anymore with you.

Good day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

A single witness, now tweeting about "the depth and breadth of racism that is enshrined in an institution that carries the heritage of empire, slavery, and inequality" i.e. the Royal Family. She has also now restarted crying foul about the alleged racist abuse given out by the Royals to Meghan Markle.

To use the word enshrined is inaccurate and misleading - the English (and UK) royal line pre-existed empire and slavery (in this context) by hundreds of years - many Britons themselves were enslaved at the time of the start of this line, when the Danes were rampaging. Now although the references to a racist culture in Britain during the days of empire are true, to some extent, of those that actually explored abroad, but not necessarily the Crown. Remember that all European imperial powers (and others) were involved in slavery but that the British recognized fault and stopped it long before anyone else.  

The fantastic recall of the whole conversation (apparently verbatim) by Ngozi, the timing of these complaints relative to the US visit of the Wales's, and now the imminent award for their "heroic" stand against "structural racism" in the Royal Family, to Harry and Megan, from the Robert Kennedy human Rights Foundation all seem far too closely linked in time to be coincidental. Am I suspicious? Yes, I think so.

However. it seems that these women had already complained about royal racism - if they were so offended then why did they attend the event? Imagine the hubris if a white-only organization was invited to the palace? Oh, wait a sec!

Considering that the vast majority of nonwhite British have arrived into the UK in the last 70 years, race relations seem to be better to other long-standing divides elsewhere in the world. Having travelled to many parts of Africa and India, I would say that inter-ethic group gaps within those two continents are far worse than any race problems in the UK.

When a popular institution like the Royal Family is singled out like this, all that does is inflame feeling and delay the arrival of the time of the best levels of inter-racial behaviour and tolerance that we can hope for.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, Thailand said:

And now knows a woman who used to be named Marlene who now wears dreadlocks and denies her African ethnicity who is now appearing on every media outlet possible.

Cosplaying is quite common in the U.K though , some people look back on their Family history and notice there's a person, grandfather or something who came from a different Country and they adopt that Country as their own . like Ngozi and Rod Stewart and many others . They were born and bred in the U.K and pretend to be from a different Country

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Cosplaying is quite common in the U.K though , some people look back on their Family history and notice there's a person, grandfather or something who came from a different Country and they adopt that Country as their own . like Ngozi and Rod Stewart and many others . They were born and bred in the U.K and pretend to be from a different Country

The charity worker was very clear that she was British so no idea what you are trying to say here. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 9:09 AM, johnnybangkok said:

And when they answer (twice) a certain country, to keep on with the “no, where are you REALLY from?” 
Asking once is not the problem; continually asking once you have been given an answer (twice) is. 

You are taking that one sentence out of context to try to make it appear to be racist . 

It wasn't a one off stand alone question , it was part of a discussion where Marlene/Ngozi  was deliberately being evasive as to where she came from and she wouldn't give a straight answer and after numerous exchanged between the two where Hackney , Caribbean and Africa was mentioned , the last question was "Where are you really from" .

Marlene just needed to say from the beginning *Born in the U.K to Caribbean Parents" , rather than being evasive 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you think that's its acceptable that charities only assist people from a certain race ?

Put up a link or shut up. It's been demonstrated to you that this is a lie.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You made a claim of fact. You know the rules as well I I do, or perhaps not...

We spent the whole day yesterday arguing this one point, neither you or anyone else could back up your nasty, incorrect assertion that Sistah Space only helped black women. And now you regurgitate it like yesterdays's lunch. What's wrong with you? Put a up a link troll.

I asked you a question . 

Avoiding answer a question  and causing a fuss because you didn't like the question , is also what Marlene/Ngozi did .

She didn't like being asked a question and then went on the attack as well

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I asked you a question . 

Avoiding answer a question  and causing a fuss because you didn't like the question , is also what Marlene/Ngozi did .

She didn't like being asked a question and then went on the attack as well

You can't read now? I said we spent the whole day yesterday arguing this single point and my repeated requests for a link yielded no results. At this point you really are trolling.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You can't read now? I said we spent the whole day yesterday arguing this single point and my repeated requests for a link yielded no results. At this point you really are trolling.

"Ngozi Fulani, 61, founded Sistah Space, the only domestic abuse charity in the UK that caters specifically for women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage."

https://news.sky.com/story/who-is-ngozi-fulani-the-domestic-abuse-charity-founder-subjected-to-racism-at-buckingham-palace-12759220

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Ngozi Fulani, 61, founded Sistah Space, the only domestic abuse charity in the UK that caters specifically for women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage."

https://news.sky.com/story/who-is-ngozi-fulani-the-domestic-abuse-charity-founder-subjected-to-racism-at-buckingham-palace-12759220

Are you really sure your first language is English? The link does not support your assertion.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It will also have  a detrimental effect on Black people .

Business owners will be concerned about employing Black people  after reading stories like this .

One wrong question out of place , even if meant innocently, could mean serious consequences and it will lead to people not talking to Black people and ostracizing them for fear of upsetting them and getting into trouble

Racist business owners will be concerned about...

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Are you really sure your first language is English?

Does an Indian restaurant refuse to serve white people?

Have you read and understood what I previously posted and do you understand that the word "specifically" means ?

"caters specifically for women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage."

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Have you read and understood what I previously posted and do you understand that the word "specifically" means ?

"caters specifically for women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage."

Whatever meanings "specifically" has, exclusion or denial is not one of them.

Are yoiu really claiming that white women victims of domestic abuse will be turned away by SS? Sick to the core,

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Whatever meanings "specifically" has, exclusion or denial is not one of them.

As the charity is specifically for woman from the African and Caribbean communities, that means people from other non Africa/Caribbean communities are unwelcome to use their services 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

It's a shame if the palace takes this function off the table for next year.

Why on earth would they do that at this stage?  They have ground to make up.  Sacking one racsist old biddy may not be enough now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

As the charity is specifically for woman from the African and Caribbean communities, that means people from other non Africa/Caribbean communities are unwelcome to use their services 

It does not, take your racist accusations elsewhere OR PROVE IT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have already posted a link showing that the charity only helps African/Caribbean  woman,  what more proof can I provide ?

Your link it a non sequiter. It may as well be about the weather. You have not and will not provide any proof. The assertion is blatantly false on its face.

• Like 1