Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

7 minutes ago, vangrop said:

When I have intercourse with somebody not white in my Western country but born here, the first thing I would ask is what are his origins. This is purely to enhance my knowledge about the persons cultural background to better understand him and communicate with. The lady meant it probably that way and there is absolutely nothing racist with that to the regret of those who envy it. Such as black people calling us whites is not racist!!!!????

I take it you do mean social intercourse and not that fumbling around other stuff . 

It would be rather rude to ask a  local born non White person where they came from (when first meeting them) , as in from which Country and the answer could well be a violent response .

Even though you may take an interest in their heritage , it would be viewed as being rude and making suggestions they aren't from the Country .

If you had a friend it would be OK to ask them about their heritage , but it would nt socially acceptable to ask someone whom you had just met (Unless there would be a reason as to why you would need/want to know that info)

(If you were talking about sexual intercourse , well its Sunday and todays not the day to talk about that kind of thing ????

20 minutes ago, vangrop said:

When I have intercourse with somebody not white in my Western country but born here, the first thing I would ask is what are his origins. This is purely to enhance my knowledge about the persons cultural background to better understand him and communicate with. The lady meant it probably that way and there is absolutely nothing racist with that to the regret of those who envy it. Such as black people calling us whites is not racist!!!!????

The  question, “no where are you really from?”, after being told the charity worker was British, was racist 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I take it you do mean social intercourse and not that fumbling around other stuff . 

It would be rather rude to ask a  local born non White person where they came from (when first meeting them) , as in from which Country and the answer could well be a violent response .

Even though you may take an interest in their heritage , it would be viewed as being rude and making suggestions they aren't from the Country .

If you had a friend it would be OK to ask them about their heritage , but it would nt socially acceptable to ask someone whom you had just met (Unless there would be a reason as to why you would need/want to know that info)

(If you were talking about sexual intercourse , well its Sunday and todays not the day to talk about that kind of thing ????

I'll just have Yorkshire pud instead of a bonk then.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Only to hyper sensitive race baiters, liberal hand wringers and activists with an agenda. To normal people it's not.

No.

It’s racist and as such led to hussey’s resignation,

Only right wing bigots, who wish to explain away racist behaviour, would deny it as such. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, proton said:

You are in a minority there comrade, only left wing fascists and race baiters think it was wacist.

Wrong.

Only right wing bigots cannot see this. 

Racist who are desperate to explain away this racist incident. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, proton said:

You are obsessed  with racism and want to see it everywhere when it does not apply, as in this conversation. Also, you think anyone who does not agree with your opinions is a hater, bigot and right wing, weird.

You don’t know me so enough of the garbage about what I see. 

Ah, the irony of someone who responded to my posts with such trite as , “comrade”, “left wing fascist” and other phrases you used accusing others of obsession. Hypocritical.

However, I do think anyone who is trying to explain away this racist incident as something other than that is indeed a bigot. 

But to be fair, that is only because of what they are doing. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typos

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd have looked if I'd seen the comments with that link. Just not interested enough to be furkling around Y T looking for stuff.

I suppose it can be a time consumer process , tapping 19 letters into your computer and pressing enter twice .

I have just had another look and cannot even see one post in Ngozis favour and there are numerous posts from non White people living in the U.K and none seem to be in agreement with her and quite a few hostile messages directed at her

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

You are obsessed  with racism and want to see it everywhere when it does not apply, as in this conversation. Also, you think anyone who does not agree with your opinions is a hater, bigot and right wing, weird.

Racist will always deny that it exists. That's part of the pablum.

People who deny the existence of structural racism are more likely to exhibit anti-Black prejudice and less likely to show racial empathy or openness to diversity, according to research published by the American Psychological Association.

https://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2022/05/denial-structural-racism-antiblack-prejudice

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Wrong.

Only right wing bigots cannot see this. 

Racist who are desperate to explain away this racist incident. 

I'm not right or left of anything I have an opinion and I see the whole thing as an invite to an activist who then got the chance to set an ambush. 

Iistening to her she does not sound sincere to me. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not right or left of anything I have an opinion and I see the whole thing as an invite to an activist who then got the chance to set an ambush. 

Irrelevant what you think, the palace fired lady haw haw and labelled her comments as racist.

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

She sounds sincere to me and no one trying to explain away this incident has proven to me it was anything but racism in action. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Glad that you accept I am not racist, My "credentials being flashed"? I am above board in both in the "real world" and  this "virtual world".

I am not confused in my opinion, it might not align with you or many others, not my problem, accept it. 

Kindest regards

Paul

You were 'confused' enough not to know why Sistah was spelled the way it was and 'confused' enough to not know those were Rastafarian colours she was wearing. And you were certainly confused enough to think that Ngozi 'used (the) opportunity for distraction to further discord and, played the racist card, presumably with financial benefit'. That's a leap of reasoning more in line with many of the conspiracy thoeries being bandied around by other posters here.   

And I commented on 'flashing your credentials' as you were the one that thought it neccessary to write 'Am I racist?  Think not, have had many interactions with many nationalities over the course of my scholastic years to present day. Happily married to a Thai national with partial Chinese heritage, can't call me Xenophobic.'

I will 'accept' you're not racist but I do think you're confused. 

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I suppose it can be a time consumer process , tapping 19 letters into your computer and pressing enter twice .

I have just had another look and cannot even see one post in Ngozis favour and there are numerous posts from non White people living in the U.K and none seem to be in agreement with her and quite a few hostile messages directed at her

It's not the effort required but a lack of interest in seeing anything concerning that woman. I had to mute her soon as looked at the vdo you linked to.

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

When did racism become humorous?

The post had no racism in it whatsoever.

The British are know the world over to have a wonderful sense of humor, something you seem to be lacking? I bet if Fulani, AKA Marlene Headly read the comment, as she is British, would find most amusing!???? I'm not British and even I did!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

The post had no racism in it whatsoever.

The British are know the world over to have a wonderful sense of humor, something you seem to be lacking? I bet if Fulani, AKA Marlene Headly read the comment, as she is British, would find most amusing!???? I'm not British and even I did!

Stop dead naming. Do you know when she changed her name? Your bias shows. I don't think lady haw haw sees the comedy in this. I sure do. It's hilarious when racists have to face the music.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Stop dead naming. Do you know when she changed her name? Your bias shows. I don't think lady haw haw sees the comedy in this. I sure do. It's hilarious when racists have to face the music.

What exactly in the post/comment was racist?

What I said about the British sense of humor is correct!

No bias just stating facts, unlike you who think everything is racist?

• Thanks 1