Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Didnt read the entire 25 pages here, so forgive me if I am repeating what others have said;

1/ Is there an actual transcript of the conversation, or is it just the memory of Ms. Fulani that we are taking as 100% accurate? To me , a transcript implies a recording of some kind, not just recollections.

2/ Was Ms. Fulani dressed 'British' at the time, or was she appearing in obviously ethnic garb? If the latter, isn't it only natural for someone to notice and comment on it? I suppose you could ignore it, but then you would be accused of racism by deliberately ignoring the other person's heritage, therby being a colonialist bigot. 

It sounds to me like Ms. Fulani was being a bit deliberately obtuse. I am sure she could suss out from the beginning what Lady Hussey meant, but chose to pretend otherwise.  

Mean to say, if Lady H had said something like, "oh, the banisters need a good scrubbing, off you go before the guests arrive", that would be another thing entirely. 

Finally, Ms. Fulani's claim that Megan Markle is the "victim of domestic violence" needs to be mocked into embarrassment.

It was an opportune ambush and recorded to further an agenda.

My one observation of rudeness was the moving of the hair without permission.

An out of touch old lady in a generation clash making a mistake but it was not all one sided. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Which was........???

Pretty sure they didn't pull apart her conversation, just claimed it was racist. The only conclusion was the gist of it was racist, in other words, all of it, given the context. 

I'm not getting into a word by word dissection, no individual word could ever be ascribed as racist, it's racist in context.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, proton said:

I asked a black lesbian activist what she defined racism as, this was in the 1980's. Her reply was that 'it's anything we say it is,' this nonsense is a good example of that attitude. It's hilarious when there is so little racism in modern Britain that people like Ms guess where I come from in fancy dress have to create it.

And never will you try to progress that argument beyond a guess. Was the palace lying? Did they cave in to the radical lefties?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Didnt read the entire 25 pages here, so forgive me if I am repeating what others have said;

1/ Is there an actual transcript of the conversation, or is it just the memory of Ms. Fulani that we are taking as 100% accurate? To me , a transcript implies a recording of some kind, not just recollections.

2/ Was Ms. Fulani dressed 'British' at the time, or was she appearing in obviously ethnic garb? If the latter, isn't it only natural for someone to notice and comment on it? I suppose you could ignore it, but then you would be accused of racism by deliberately ignoring the other person's heritage, therby being a colonialist bigot. 

It sounds to me like Ms. Fulani was being a bit deliberately obtuse. I am sure she could suss out from the beginning what Lady Hussey meant, but chose to pretend otherwise.  

Mean to say, if Lady H had said something like, "oh, the banisters need a good scrubbing, off you go before the guests arrive", that would be another thing entirely. 

Finally, Ms. Fulani's claim that Megan Markle is the "victim of domestic violence" needs to be mocked into embarrassment.

Here is a photo from the Palace .

Ngozi is wearing the colours of what appears to be from another Country , could be Ethiopian or Rastafia

Ngozi Fulani at Buckingham Palace

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ngozi is wearing the colours of what appears to be from another Country , could be Ethiopian or Rastafia

So What?

She told hussey she was British and that should have been the end of it. 

hussey then asked “no where are you really from?”  That is racism in action. 

How the charity worker chooses to dress is no one’s business (especially you) but her own. 

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Fulani also likens her experience at the Palace to violence , mentions it in the same sentence , although she says it wasn't physical violence , she still makes comparisons between the two:

"Ms Fulani told ITV’s Good Morning Britain: “Although I didn’t experience physical violence, what I feel I experienced was a form of abuse.”

Do I need to provide a link ?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ngozi-fulani-said-buckingham-palace-reception-like-an-interrogation-and-that-she-felt-forced-to-denounce-british-citizenship-3938080

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Without doubt British Savile Row Attire.

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well what's happened to a 83 year old lady who had been the Queens closest lady in waiting I bet there's some getting the voodoo dolls ready. ????

Revenge is a dish best served cold - so maybe the voodoo dolls are in the fridge on ice. I am sure she is a member of the WI and they cover just about everything in their talks.

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 9:28 AM, RuamRudy said:

Did you actually read the transcript? It wasn't a misused word we are discussing. She was massively offensive in her relentless probing of a British born woman, seemingly determined to to force the woman to say that she is not anglo-saxon.

Do you mean the black woman wearing African clothes and jewellry?

Edited by giddyup
  • Love It 1

Just now, giddyup said:

Do you mean the woman wearing African clothes and jewellry?

Ngozi Fulani, chief executive of Sistah Space, recounted a conversation with a Buckingham Palace staff member during the Queen Consort's reception for domestic violence charities.

Ngozi at home before her big day out at Buckingham Palace to publicise her Charity and help it raise funds to buy a new house (for the charity) which will be (wo)maned 24 /7 and victims of abuse can go and stay at her charities house for a maximin of ten days at a time 

There were people from all over the World at the event that day  , not surprising that people asked each other where they came from 

Camilla, The Queen Consort and Danish Crown Princess Mary attend a reception to raise awareness of violence against women and girls as part of the UN 16 days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, in Buckingham Palace, in London, Tuesday Nov. 29, 2022

Camilla, Queen Consort was joined by Australian-born Crown Princess Mary of Denmark as well as Queen Mathilde of Belgium and Queen Rania of Jordan at an event to highlight domestic violence survivors and charities.

https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/buckingham-palace-staff-resigns-over-unacceptable-comments-made-at-queen-consort-reception/0e7980c8-fd90-4fa0-9cca-8d0a6dd35b46

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There were people from all over the World at the event that day  , not surprising that people asked each other where they came from 

Camilla, The Queen Consort and Danish Crown Princess Mary attend a reception to raise awareness of violence against women and girls as part of the UN 16 days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, in Buckingham Palace, in London, Tuesday Nov. 29, 2022

Camilla, Queen Consort was joined by Australian-born Crown Princess Mary of Denmark as well as Queen Mathilde of Belgium and Queen Rania of Jordan at an event to highlight domestic violence survivors and charities.

https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/buckingham-palace-staff-resigns-over-unacceptable-comments-made-at-queen-consort-reception/0e7980c8-fd90-4fa0-9cca-8d0a6dd35b46

Camilla must of asked Oz princess are you a descendant of prisoners sent to Oz.  ????

• Love It 1

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ngozi Fulani, chief executive of Sistah Space, recounted a conversation with a Buckingham Palace staff member during the Queen Consort's reception for domestic violence charities.

Ngozi at home before her big day out at Buckingham Palace to publicise her Charity and help it raise funds to buy a new house (for the charity) which will be (wo)maned 24 /7 and victims of abuse can go and stay at her charities house for a maximin of ten days at a time 

You'd of thought she'd have given the stairs a lick of paint.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

So Marlene Headley born in the UK to Barbadian parents take an African tribal name from ethnic groups she is most likely not from.

Cultural appropriation at its finest.

RAZZ

The media won't bring that out it's racist. ????

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So What?

She told hussey she was British and that should have been the end of it. 

hussey then asked “no where are you really from?”  That is racism in action. 

How the charity worker chooses to dress is no one’s business (especially you) but her own. 

Please, she was deliberately being obtuse.  Clearly Lady H was reacting to her rather 'colourful' garb and hairstyle.  At an international event.  Almost as if she were actively seeking a confrontation...

...but no, of course not /s.   

Now Fulani is attempting to don the mantle of victimhood, soon I am sure to describe herself as an "abuse survivor" and "violated and interrogated"- ironically in need of the very services her organization provides.  Shameful that she is putting her own political agenda ahead of the very real need for funding that her organization may have.  She is taking what quite possibly was an awkward conversation, one made so by differing generations and experiences, and blowing it up into an international incident. 

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Please, she was deliberately being obtuse.  Clearly Lady H was reacting to her rather 'colourful' garb and hairstyle.  At an international event.  Almost as if she were actively seeking a confrontation...

Now Fulani is attempting to don the mantle of victimhood, soon I am sure to describe herself as an "abuse survivor" and "violated and interrogated"- ironically in need of the very services her organization provides.  Shameful that she is putting her own political agenda ahead of the very real need for funding that her organization may have.  She is taking what quite possibly was an awkward conversation, one made so by differing generations and experiences, and blowing it up into an international incident. 

I'm sorry but the question ''no where are you really from?'' asked by hussey, after being told the charity worker was British, was racist.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

I'm sorry but the question ''no where are you really from?'' asked by hussey, after being told the charity worker was British, was racist.

About as racist as a person born in Hackney to wear ethnic garb from a place she is not from. About as racist as a person born in Hackney to parents from the Caribbean to proclaim love for her African heritage. 

Also amazing how she can remember the conversation so perfectly, yet passed the rest of the evening "in a daze"...

Perhaps the old lady could have phrased it better, as in "Your clothes are lovely, where are they from?" Although Fulani probably would have had a smart-ass answer for that too.  

17 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

She took an African name , wore African clothes , had an African style hairstyle and wore the colours of an African flag , then got upset when she was questioned where she came from  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The forelock tugging racists want to dissect their conversation down to individual sentences to try to prove that it wasn't racist. The entirety of the conversation was unquestionably racist. The palace said so. It's ridiculous to refuse to understand the whole conversation in context.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

About as racist as a person born in Hackney to wear ethnic garb from a place she is not from. About as racist as a person born in Hackney to parents from the Caribbean to proclaim love for her African heritage. 

Also amazing how she can remember the conversation so perfectly, yet passed the rest of the evening "in a daze"...

Perhaps the old lady could have phrased it better, as in "Your clothes are lovely, where are they from?" Although Fulani probably would have had a smart-ass answer for that too.  

Anything would have been better than ''no, where are you really from?''

As for the charity worker's clothes, they are her choices.

They reflect the fact the UK is a multicultural society...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The palace said so

Good to see there are still some out there that still bow down and doff their caps to the "palace" and rely on their superior royal bloodlines rather than attempting to form an opinion of their own.    I'd rather just use one of those old fangled dictionaries to understand the meaning of words then checking to see what the palace thinks, but each to their own.  

• Like 1