Israeli found with bullet magazines in suitcase sentenced to 18 months in Thai jail

webfact

On 12/3/2022 at 3:48 AM, dallen52 said:

More than 10 million registered firearms in LOS

God knows how many unregistered?

Plus machetes,  baseball bats, knives under seats etc..

2 empty bullet clips.. doh..

You can but lighters made from spent rifle shells at some markets.  <deleted>.

Bullet…”…clips..” ? ?   I thought they said magazines. 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:26 AM, Maejo Man said:

He's lucky he wasn't in Singapore. One live round will get you seven years in jail, It's  mandatory.

I was leaving the army range at Nee Soon after a shooting competition and found a single round in my pocket. A Singaporean friend saw it and went white. He said chuck it out the window of the coach we were on, unless you want to spend the next seven years in jail!!

I heard that in Singapore you get in deep doo doo even for spitting your chewed gum on the sidewalk. 

On 12/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, Dogmatix said:

Makes.  I am an occasional plinker and sports shooter in Thailand. This kind of scenario used to be a recurring nightmare.  I also would never take a bag that has been to the range on a trip or wear range shoes. Just an empty cartridge case flying into your bag unnoticed is enough to get you arrested in most places.  

Leave your case closed when you’re at the shooting bench. That way empty shells flying out of your weapon won’t go flying into your case.  Good idea to put your case on the opposite side from the side the shells fly out also. Double check everything before you leave the range. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, DJ54 said:

We don’t know the situation other than guessing he was up to something. … He is a Border 
Police maybe they don’t go through security checks…. Just saying…..

The guy is an adult with no criminal record. Clean History. And an honourable work record in law enforcement.  I would give him the benefit of the doubt. 

On 12/3/2022 at 10:38 PM, Harveyboy said:

why bring clips of ammo into Thailand when you can buy all the guns and bullets you want here at a price 

He didn’t bring clips. He brought magazines.  There is a difference. 

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"So unless another news sauce [sic]..."

Heinz, Roza?   Which sauce do you fancy?

Why don't you read the OP...

"Gal Shmuel Farjun, 29, claimed that he left the bullets in his bag...". 

I fancy the one I'm reading on here hence commenting on. I am not about to research every article. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BritScot said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"So unless another news sauce [sic]..."

Heinz, Roza?   Which sauce do you fancy?

Why don't you read the OP...

"Gal Shmuel Farjun, 29, claimed that he left the bullets in his bag...". 

I fancy the one I'm reading on here hence commenting on. I am not about to research every article. 

You don't have to research every article, my quote (that confirms that he had bullets in his luggage) came from the OP, you know, the one you're reading here!

6 hours ago, Catoni said:

He didn’t bring clips. He brought magazines.  There is a difference. 

Not to the young people who listen to all that hippity hop music. You put a clip in yo' gat and dead all them homeys. That's the G-rated version because this is a family show ????