How do I make my students do their assignments?

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why on earth would you go to all that effort just for 40,000 baht per month or whatever pittance they pay these days?

I don't think there is any effort in learning a language or learning about a culture.

If you are in the environment and see and hear it everyday, it should come naturally.

Edited by youreavinalaff

16 hours ago, puchooay said:

How did you learn your native tongue?

It's the same idea. Immersion, body language and facial expressions. If your students don't have a clue, you are doing something wrong and need to change your style.

Teaching in Thai schools is a dual process. All students also learn with a Thai teacher. Let the Thais explain in Thai, they are more fluent than you after all, then the Native English speakers do the conversation, pronunciation, role plays, situation play outs, etc.

If a foreigner speaks Thai in a Thai classroom, what is the point of them being there? None.

Why should there be 2 teachers to start with?

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why should there be 2 teachers to start with?

It's the law in education in Thailand. Each subject in Thai schools must be taught at least once a week by a Thai teacher.

Are you sure you're a teacher? You should have known that.

Edited by puchooay

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

It's the law in education in Thailand. Each subject in Thai schools must be taught at least once a week by a Thai teacher.

Are you sure you're a teacher? You should have known that.

I am not a teacher, i am a manager at a multinational here. My kids go to school here.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:35 AM, FritsSikkink said:

A lot of foreign Western tourists teachers don't have proper schooling to do their job.

Most qualified teachers here now are non-native speakers. The native speakers where either grapdfatherered (for the full teaching licence), got qualified, left the country, or found some other way to get a work permit. 5% of the teachers in my school are native speakers (all qualified except 1), and most work in the upper high school. 20 years ago it was close to 100%. 

Plenty of trash teachers have come and gone...mostly native speakers employed through an agency.

Note this is a private school and we really do not have the problems that plague the OP's school and many other schools here. Certainly there are few discipline problems and my work submission is close to 100% and on time. 

There are better schools out there...

My daughter attended a great school.

Not private, private does not guarantee "better"

Not expensive, expensive does not guarantee "better".

Not in a big city, that also does not guarantee "better".

There does appear to be some school snobbery on this forum from some posters. There really is no need. 

Edited by puchooay
  • Thumbs Up 1