Bank insists I wear a mask

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Public places.

A bank is a PRIVATELY owned space.

They are free to make their rules.

The poster to whom you are replying was commenting upon his own experience on public transport, not the OP about a bank.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

The phrase that comes to mind is "Grow up".

..........and stand up straight, take your hands out of your pockets, get in line?

**** me......you people, really.........you people.

First class evidence that there is indeed:

“a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress.”

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

It's every good humans job to try to set good examples unless you want to live in a society where no one cares about the others around him especially if there may be kids around. On virtually every public bus ride I took there were children or elderly people. Why is it such a big issue to wear a mask while in a confined space with others if asked to? We also know full well that as foreigners we should maybe think a little bit how we are perceived and how we treat our hosts.

Huh?

34 minutes ago, Enoon said:

..........and stand up straight, take your hands out of your pockets, get in line?

**** me......you people, really.........you people.

First class evidence that there is indeed:

“a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress.”

The Rosa Parks of masks?

Wow, heroically fighting oppression?

Same advice to you.

Grow up.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Onerak said:

This is exactly the reason why Thailand does not allow visas for more than year even to people who are married to Thai nationals. Nobody will decline to say no mask if they go for their annual renewal. I can now see the bottom of the barrel foreigners who come to Thailand to live on a retirement visa or "wife visa" and their arrogance. And Thai immigration knows this and this the the exact reason they don't approve visas for more than one year at a time. They want to keep these arrogant people under control with their 90-day reporting, TM-30, and yearly extension, etc. etc. They won't say it in public but they know these types of people. 

Too long.

Keep it short.????????

5 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

It seems to be a bit of a trend after the viral video of the uncle on the sky train. A bus conductor told me to wear a mask today so I said 'mai mee' so she went away, came back and gave me one, to which I replied 'mai aow'. She rolled her eyes at another passenger but then left me alone.

It's definitely not the law so i assume there's a little online movement to try to get these filthy farangs into line. Best just to ignore them if you can. The law is on your side.

You left out the other old favourite ‘mai dai’?

This is exactly the reason why Thailand does not allow visas for more than year even to people who are married to Thai nationals.

Wrong. I have a 5 year visa.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is exactly the reason why Thailand does not allow visas for more than year even to people who are married to Thai nationals. Nobody will decline to say no mask if they go for their annual renewal. I can now see the bottom of the barrel foreigners who come to Thailand to live on a retirement visa or "wife visa" and their arrogance. And Thai immigration knows this and this the the exact reason they don't approve visas for more than one year at a time. They want to keep these arrogant people under control with their 90-day reporting, TM-30, and yearly extension, etc. etc. They won't say it in public but they know these types of people. 

What about the 5,10 and 20 year Elite Visas then?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

What about the 5,10 and 20 year Elite Visas then?

I said bottom of the barrel living in Thailand with retirement or "wife visa". Are you bottom of the barrel? Then may be you're lucky to have an elite visa. I did not say smart visa or LTR visas or even business visas or work visas. 80% members of this forum are living on retirement or "wife visa" 

Edited by Onerak

1 minute ago, Onerak said:

I said bottom of the barrel living in Thailand with retirement or "wife visa". Are you bottom of the barrel? I did not say smart visa or LTR visas or even business visas or work visas. 80% members of this forum are living on retirement or "wife visa" 

“This is exactly the reason why Thailand does not allow visas for more than year even to people who are married to Thai nationals”

The above is quoting you anyone can have a 5,10 or 20 year Elite visa whether they are married to a Thai or not so what exactly is your point?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Onerak said:

Russians sure will need a behavioural masterclass to stay long term...........????

I remember back at the beginning of Covid I went to my local bank and they wouldn't let me in.  There was a sign on the door that foreigners were not allowed inside.  While the wife and I were at the front door talking to the security guard the bank manager happened to see me and came out and told him to let me in.

Edited by rwill
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Don't forget Anutin has ingrained in the local population foreigners are a Covid spreader event. Put your mask on briefly where required here and get on with your day...........

I was in Chiang Mai the past couple of weeks.  It was extremely rare to see a foreigner with a mask on.  Also at least 10% of the locols weren't wearing them either.