Bank insists I wear a mask

32 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Idiotic comment which adds nothing to the thread.

Neither does your comment on China now does it.....private locations can make there own rules. Obey them or go elsewhere, your getting  your knickers in a twist.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I'm so happy I have found another warrior!!  Well done you, well done for making the poor woman's kindness look stupid.

I flew to Vietnam last week, I wasn't wearing a mask in the airport, no problem.  On boarding (Vietnam Airlines) they gave me a mask and asked me to put it on.  Being a warrior like you I refused, I said I didn't want it, and I marched right past her and into my seat. Everyone else was wearing one but not me, I am a warrior!!

(Actually when she handed me one and asked me to put it on I said "thank you" and put it on, just like you should have done on that bus).

LOL!

My kind of warrior............................

Why is there no pilot in Thailand in provinces to abolish the masks. And than see what is happening.. Are the infections booming? Deaths is no measurepoint, because people die every day and a very few all over the world died because of the virus, but most died because they had another illness.. Let them try so they can see that maskwearing is not working

32 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm not whining, just making an observation. If that's okay with you. And I have no idea what you are referring to regarding the Chinese. All I did was report what I've seen in dozens of videos. The overwhelming majority do not wear a mask - same as the rest of the world outside of Thailand and maybe Japan. 

Observe away, sounds like moaning to me - and you have been proved wrong about Asians.

The Chinese as example ?   They can't even get out of their country, and with a zero Covid policy are not a good example for anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

The Chinese as example ?   They can't even get out of their country, and with a zero Covid policy are not a good example for anything.

I wrote that the vast majority are not wearing masks, not about their travel restrictions. This thread is about mask wearing.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Interesting. Yes, an Asian thing I suppose, as it always had been pre-Covid. Strange that only Asians feel the need. Doesn't say much for the environment, if everyone is paranoid about their health. As for your second paragraph, me too.

Yes, I can remember pics of Japan in magazines of the seventies where people in big Japanese cities were wearing face masks. 

• Like 1

I visited The Queen Siriket Navy Hospital 2 weeks go. Every single person and there were hundreds were wearing a mask. Although I dont like wearing a mask, out of respect I did so. If requested to wear a mask in a given situation I would look at the circumstances and if its a reasonable request I will do so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

I visited The Queen Siriket Navy Hospital 2 weeks go. Every single person and there were hundreds were wearing a mask. Although I dont like wearing a mask, out of respect I did so. If requested to wear a mask in a given situation I would look at the circumstances and if its a reasonable request I will do so.

I think that's why most people wear them. If/when the majority stop wearing them then so will the rest. It really has little to do with health concerns.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, eisfeld said:

A bank is a private company and can set any policy for their premises that they want.

I really don't get the people who still stubbornly refuse to adhere to simple conventions.

@edwardandtubsYou didn't set a good example with your behaviour. The staff could have easily thrown you off the bus imho. And no, the law was not on his side. He had no right to break the banks policies.

Yes the bank is a private business that can set its own rules.

I was once told I'm not allowed to wear and cap or sunglasses in the bank.      I complied as I realize they want no obstructions to their identifying  robbers.

The mask requirement is to protect both customers and employees.

Whinging about it as some do is such a waste of time.

• Like 1

I would suggest the OP try finding a bank that does not require masks, and go there. It's not as if he has to wear it for more than 20 minutes.

Better still, try finding any hospital in Thailand where they are not mandatory.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rwill said:

I was in Chiang Mai the past couple of weeks.  It was extremely rare to see a foreigner with a mask on.  Also at least 10% of the locols weren't wearing them either.

By all means don't wear the damn thing unless some establishments require it like my SCB and get on with it.........

10 hours ago, happydays said:

My local bank wouldn’t serve me until I put on a mask. I thought it was voluntary - has this changed?

What hasn't changed is they (still) have your money.

9 hours ago, alien365 said:

I thought the point in masks now that covid is classed as an endemic is to protect yourself. Why should I have to wear a mask for the rest of my life because others are overly paranoid? I'm with the OP on this one. 

And the bank (still ) has your money too.

It's not paranoia, it's being polite.

But why is it even a debatable issue any more? Yes, masks are voluntary but when push comes to shove, is it just too difficult NOT to slip a mask on if/when a local kneejerk reaction collides with your otherwise peaceful coexistence here in the Land of Incessant Wind Ups?

@happydays (I think it's time to change your moniker BTW) consider this. If an unmasked and Covid +ve person where to go into a bank branch and pass the virus on to one of the staff, the bank would have to close the branch, have the place deep cleaned and have their staff isolated until they are all clear.

That would be a costly and very inconvenient situation both for them and their customers, including you of course. 

That is why such places are still insisting on a mask wearing regime. I'm as much against wearing a mask as you are and will only wear one where it is mandated. (such as my bank which I'm going to visit right now)

It's their country, their institutes and their requirements. So quit moaning and get on with your life

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The data says the risk of an infectious person passing on any respiratory infection where coughing and sneezing are symptoms is reduced by 70%, if said person is wearing a mask. My apologies if facts get in the way of your beliefs.

In that case all the world should wear a mask all the time. People pass on colds and other diseases all the time. Always have done. Always will. Unless we all mask up 24/7, every day of the year, everywhere. People don't, because most people feel far more comfortable without a mask and want a better quality of life. Most people outside of Asia, anyway.

I should add that I've been wearing a mask since the pandemic began whenever I've been in a store or other public building, or on public transport. Yesterday was the first day I have gone shopping without.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

@happydays (I think it's time to change your moniker BTW) consider this. If an unmasked and Covid +ve person where to go into a bank branch and pass the virus on to one of the staff, the bank would have to close the branch, have the place deep cleaned and have their staff isolated until they are all clear.

That would be a costly and very inconvenient situation both for them and their customers, including you of course. 

That is why such places are still insisting on a mask wearing regime. I'm as much against wearing a mask as you are and will only wear one where it is mandated. (such as my bank which I'm going to visit right now)

It's their country, their institutes and their requirements. So quit moaning and get on with your life

You tink too much.