Prince Harry says 'it's a dirty game' in new Netflix trailer

webfact

I'm just surprised that someone who wanted so much privacy for his family has gone so far in the opposite direction.

As for his book Spare.

It's not like he hasn't known all his life that as the second born to the future King, he would only be second in line until Prince William had a child. He wasn't really a spare as he like to call himself, but one of many in an hereditary monarchy. One of who would be called upon step up if he refused the Crown.

We've not heard other royals look on their position in line as a curse as he seems to think it is..

As for his wife. When we see how she has treated her own father for selling a story prior to the wedding. Isn't she now doing the same thing? Just for a lot more money. 

The then Prince Charles even walked her down the aisle, and as King stated his love for the pair of them.

We obviously don't know what has gone on behind closed doors, but it does seem like both the late Queen and King Charles have tried to build bridges. Unsuccessfully it appears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I'm just surprised that someone who wanted so much privacy for his family has gone so far in the opposite direction.

As for his book Spare.

It's not like he hasn't known all his life that as the second born to the future King, he would only be second in line until Prince William had a child. He wasn't really a spare as he like to call himself, but one of many in an hereditary monarchy. One of who would be called upon step up if he refused the Crown.

We've not heard other royals look on their position in line as a curse as he seems to think it is..

As for his wife. When we see how she has treated her own father for selling a story prior to the wedding. Isn't she now doing the same thing? Just for a lot more money. 

The then Prince Charles even walked her down the aisle, and as King stated his love for the pair of them.

We obviously don't know what has gone on behind closed doors, but it does seem like both the late Queen and King Charles have tried to build bridges. Unsuccessfully it appears.

The Monarchy is a family business, and those born into the family have few options.  Those in the inner circle have few options except to be assigned duties according to the Monarch.  It's unrealistic to allow them to engage in business.  They can't be involved in politics.  They are seldom able to advance, with their position determined by parenthood and birth.   

In spite of a life of privilege, it doesn't fit well with anyone who has desires and aspirations for anything different.  The choices are limited.  Harry made the right one.  Prince Andrew did not.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

If you look up the word "pUssywhipped" in the dictionary, you see Harry's picture.  His wife is just using him and his kin to elevater herself from D level celebrity (and suitcase holder) to being a serious player. And it is sad. 

I'm lovin' that.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for him, or think he deserves her.

I remember the wedding where the couple got massive public support. Hard to understand why they blew it so badly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Credo said:

He lost his mother and has done everything he can to protect his wife from a similar fate. 

Considering that he and she are going the same media route as his mother, how is he "protecting" his wife?

Royal family didn't kill his mother. She died in a road accident while fleeing the media that she courted when it suited her.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Credo said:

The Monarchy didn't kill Diana, but it would appear they also didn't do what was necessary to protect her from the hounding of the press that eventually led to her death.   

???????????

What power did the monarchy have to "protect" her from the media in France?

Did you notice she wasn't part of the royal family any more?

It was her choice to put herself in the spotlight, not the royal family's.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, why is she on all those tv shows then?

Television shows aren't toxic.  

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????????

What power did the monarchy have to "protect" her from the media in France?

Did you notice she wasn't part of the royal family any more?

It was her choice to put herself in the spotlight, not the royal family's.

At the time of her death, she was Diana, Princess of Wales.  She was the mother of the future King.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Credo said:

Television shows aren't toxic.  

At the time of her death, she was Diana, Princess of Wales.  She was the mother of the future King.  

You didn't answer anything that you quoted.

So I'll repeat- what power did the royal family have to stop the media pursuit in France? It was her choice to be there.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You didn't answer anything that you quoted.

So I'll repeat- what power did the royal family have to stop the media pursuit in France? It was her choice to be there.

It might be wise to be a little less obtuse.  The Royal family did nothing to prevent the conditions that led to her being in France, to prevent news being leaked about her movements, nor did they provide her with the type of security that would have prevented such an accident. 

Now, could you stick to the topic, which is Harry and Megan.  It was his statement about his fear that Megan would befall the same fate as his mother.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

His wife and children are his family, perhaps the only family he has with any degree of certainty.

I don’t recall him ever saying anything that could be remotely regarded as hatred of his country.

In his faver being  a boy, a man the whole <deleted>ty rotten media had their eye on since he was a kid, he have been doing quite well. Serving his country in war, been taking part of projects and expeditions to keep focus on veterans and veterans physical and mental health, he have done more for his country than any other whining bas tard. 

I believe when the cup is full, it is full. He might regret later what he have done, but at least he did it, and do put a finger on the rigid traditions and the culture inside the House 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

You are right about his position being decided to a certain extent by parenthood and birth. He even followed the usual route of serving in the military. Fighting for Queen and country to the extent that he was allowed by the limiting effect of his position.

I just find it hard to understand why someone with an aversion to the press, who has stated a desire for more privacy, would take the "Hollywood route".

Sure. If he wants to go live in America with his family and lead a more private life, good for him. 

But Oprah Winfrey and Netflix to sell 'their truth' ?

An interview, a documentary and a book? How many times do they need to tell us about their problems?

Why not just let it go and live the quiet family life he supposedly desires?

It's quite simple. He wants the press on his own terms, not theirs. Just like his dear momma. The press intrusion in both cases was intolerable and inexcusable.

6 hours ago, Credo said:

So, yes, by removing Megan from the toxic environment around her and their children, he is protecting them, just like a good father and husband should do.   

The Monarchy didn't kill Diana, but it would appear they also didn't do what was necessary to protect her from the hounding of the press that eventually led to her death.   

Diana was killed by a drunk driver, and the fact that she chose not to wear a seat belt while being driven at high speed by said drunk driver. Her own poor  decisions lead to her death.

As for a toxic environment, does this look toxic to you?

image.png.8460d1efe784bd056685eefe06e5712a.png

image.png.a375ebfabe4e3c940e57dd5bb40ae6a0.png

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Diana was killed by a drunk driver, and the fact that she chose not to wear a seat belt while being driven at high speed by said drunk driver. Her own poor  decisions lead to her death.

I'm sure that helped free any feelings of guilt the mob of paparazzi motorcyclists who were chasing her, opened the Mercedes to see her still alive and failed to do anything other than clamber all over the car taking pictures.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

image.png.8460d1efe784bd056685eefe06e5712a.png

image.png.a375ebfabe4e3c940e57dd5bb40ae6a0.png

What you think you see, it is what they want you to see! Thought every grown man knew that by now! 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm sure that helped free any feelings of guilt the mob of paparazzi motorcyclists who were chasing her, opened the Mercedes to see her still alive and failed to do anything other than clamber all over the car taking pictures.

Medical teams were on the scene within minutes. If untrained, the paparazzi trying to apply medical assistance could have made things worse. Taking pictures after the crash while extremely distasteful, did not lead to her death.

Diana and her driver's own poor decisions caused her death. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What you think you see, it is what they want you to see! Thought every grown man knew that by now! 

So where do you see the toxicity?

I didn't see any ill feeling towards them until they started acting like entitled brats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So where do you see the toxicity?

I didn't see any ill feeling towards them until they started acting like entitled brats.

I didnt see any, and to be clear, I only see headlines, thats obviously enough for most people, but I do not believe one thing or another based on neither pictures, headline or storys in any form or matter. 

I really do not care enough about things like that. If you want to believe they are wrong and the institution is functional, why the deleted is everyone so deleted abd make scandals all over the place? Happy family, huh, 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Medical teams were on the scene within minutes. If untrained, the paparazzi trying to apply medical assistance could have made things worse. Taking pictures after the crash while extremely distasteful, did not lead to her death.

Diana and her driver's own poor decisions caused her death. 

Like I said, I bet that vindicated their own feelings of guilt for their disgraceful actions.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Who cares? The thread is about Harry and Meghan. Stay on topic please.

I was responding to your post, perhaps you should direct that at yourself before being so hypocritical

Princess Diana: Editors admit guilt over death

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1560857/Princess-Diana-Editors-admit-guilt-over-death.html

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

I was responding to your post, perhaps you should direct that at yourself before being so hypocritical

Princess Diana: Editors admit guilt over death

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/07/paparazzi

My post was about Harry blaming others for Diana's death instead of Diana herself.

Nothing about the guilt the Paparazzi may or may not feel. 

Like I said, stay on topic please.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

My post was about Harry blaming others for Diana's death instead of Diana herself.

Nothing about the guilt the Paparazzi may or may not feel. 

Like I said, stay on topic please.

Harry had every right to blame the Paparazzi, had they not been chasing her her death may not have happened, the official cause of death is something else when emotions are involved.

Why don't you stay on topic?

• Like 1