Moving from visa F to Education visa (guardian), am I doing the right process?

Hello,

My visa F has just been cancelled on December 1st (retirement) and I need to leave the country before December 21st to start the process for another visa. I think I have already all the paperwork : Child birth certificate, school letters + 500K in the bank for 2 months.

I was planning to go to the Thai embassy in KL or HCMC  but no visa appointment time slot available before ages. 

So, I am now planning to do a visa run, coming back here with a 45 days tourist exemption (I am French) and do the Visa O Education in Chaeng Wattana. 

Is it an option? Any others?

Thanks !

You apparently are asking about getting a non-o visa and extension of stay based upon being the parent of a child attending school.

You should be able to apply for the extension of stay with the current non-f visa or extension of stay at immigration.

That type of non-o visa does not appear on the list for changing visas on the immigration website.

You could get the visa at the embassy Vientiane or the consulate Savannakhet Laos.

Thanks Ubonjoe. 

My visa F has already been cancelled. 

So, are you saying I cannot do the following : 1) Leave and enter Thailand again( As a French, I will have a 45 days waiver). 2) I would request the Non O 1 year visa for education at the immigration office here?

16 minutes ago, xtof2 said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. 

So, are you saying I cannot do the following : 1) Leave and enter Thailand again( As a French, I will have a 45 days waiver). 2) I would request the Non O 1 year visa for education at the immigration office here?

A visa for education is a visa for a person who wants to study. If you don't study, you need a visa to take care of your kid.

24 minutes ago, xtof2 said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. 

It is not a education visa or extension you would be applying for. You apply for the extension based upon being the parent of child that is attending school. 

From the immigration website.

image.png.f0eced3943dab33608c66bf1cbb19741.png

See number 11 here: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

You cannot apply for the non-o visa needed for it at immigration. You will have to apply for it at nearby embassy or consulate.

See this on the Vientiane embassy website. https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/non-o-visa/

"Dependent of a visa holder working or studying in Thailand"