Jump to content

Provincial Electric Authority: Bill Payment


dddave
 Share

Recommended Posts

I recently switched renting my condo through an agent to direct from owner.  Electric bills used to be paid through the agent.  Now I must pay PEA directly.

I tried downloading the Android App using the QR code on the bill,  no joy.  I get a red "Not available in your country" notice though my location is available and phone set to Thailand.

Reviews on the app store are universally one and two star, lots of complaints about app not working.

I tried the PEA website, again no joy.  Couldn't find an English option.

 

What are the options for paying PEA bills?  ATM? (Bangkok Bank)  7-11?, other?

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

With some creativity and perseverance you can set up an automatic payment with PEA. Setting up is somewhat cumbersome. Go the the PEA office and tell them that you want to 'cut bank' for the monthly bill. You get a form that needs to be completed by your bank. So go to the bank and have it filled in and signed and go back to PEA. From that moment om payments go flawlessly (assuming a positive balance).

Have fun....

Thanks for spelling this out.

Do you own or rent?   I'm concerned as a renter that if I terminated my rental, knowing how stodgy and slow Bangkok Bank can be, that they might continue to take money out for subsequent bills, delaying termination.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nightmare....we send money to cousin in BKK and she pays it for us......never found out how she pays or any other way we can do it other than going to the PEA office.....a one hour round trip.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can't download because your Playstore isn't set to Thailand, easily resolvable.

Also if you have Kasikorn app can easily set up

How to change the playstore?I tried many times but google doesn't let me do that

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

Easy. Use your Thai Bank App.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement. Not all banks offer this service on behalf of PEA. Krungsri does not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

CounterServicePay - is that still working fine for paying electricity, etc. via credit cards? I know that CounterServicePay was popular a few years ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

For me the simplest way is set up a new gmail account and during set up say Thailand, then "add another account" in playstore, then can easily change accounts on Playstore, it will give you a choice, existing account and new account

Screenshot_2022-12-07-14-08-37-549_com.android.vending~2.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-07-14-11-45-125_com.android.vending~2.jpg

Thank you,very helpful

Link to post
Share on other sites

My PEA bills have both a QR and a Bar Code that can be scanned with your Thai banking app and payment made. Water authority the same.

 

.

Edited by Stocky
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blackshadow said:

SEVEN eleven are good places to pay......and there are only A FEW OF THEM in thailand !!!

Thanks.  That what I did.  no issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stocky said:

My PEA bills have both a QR and a Bar Code that can be scanned with your Thai banking app and payment made. Water authority the same.

 

.

I tried scanning the QR code on the bill but it only redirected me to the app.  I did not try the bar code.  I'll try that next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can't download because your Playstore isn't set to Thailand, easily resolvable.

Also if you have Kasikorn app can easily set up

I went through all the settings and permissions in the Play Store app and my Google account and could not find any geo location other than thailand.  I have geo location enabled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dddave said:

I went through all the settings and permissions in the Play Store app and my Google account and could not find any geo location other than thailand.  I have geo location enabled.

I've described further up an easy method of using a new gmail account based in Thailand

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blackshadow said:

SEVEN eleven are good places to pay......and there are only A FEW OF THEM in thailand !!!

Are you sure there is adequate 7-11's around? You may have to walk 50m to get to one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

With some creativity and perseverance you can set up an automatic payment with PEA. Setting up is somewhat cumbersome. Go the the PEA office and tell them that you want to 'cut bank' for the monthly bill. You get a form that needs to be completed by your bank. So go to the bank and have it filled in and signed and go back to PEA. From that moment om payments go flawlessly (assuming a positive balance).

Have fun....

That's what I do as well, works the charm. Haven't seen electric bill in years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Nightmare....we send money to cousin in BKK and she pays it for us......never found out how she pays or any other way we can do it other than going to the PEA office.....a one hour round trip.

There's many domestic payment websites.

 

My Thai DIL is the family accountant. No matter what bill / new bill / one off bill, she can find a quick easy way to pay online. 

 

A few months ago my son was having difficulty to pay for a VietJet air ticket on their site. His wife wrote down some details then a minute later said to him 'transfer xxxxBaht to me quickly' which he did.

 

Half a minute later a receipt and booking confirmation from Vietjet in son's e.mail

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...