After Hanoi we want a beach resort preferably in North Vietnam- anybody can help please?

Scouse123

Guys,

We are doing a three country holiday in May next year, Thailand ( where I live) Cambodia and Vietnam.

It isn't to early to ask as we are getting flights booked now.

I am travelling with three ladies, my sister, my niece and ex wife.

I know Hanoi ,Sapa and Halong Bay and will be taking my family there anyway for the 3 day 2 night cruise.

The next stage was more tricky as I was looking at Phu Quoc for a beach resort for 4 nights and 5 days, however, it seems silly flying all the way down there to fly back to Hanoi. It would be cheaper and faster to go when we are in Cambodia if that was the case.

There must be some reasonable places in North Vietnam , even Central Vietnam if we could get a decent train, with decent beaches?........................ or not too far from Hanoi.

Any suggestions please would help me plan this out.

Edited by Scouse123

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, ourdon said:

Yeah,  Hoi An.  Believe you can rent a room(s) on the beach  or  Nha Trang is a place I've always enjoyed.  Miles of beach.  Lots of things to see and tours to take.

Have fun

Spent a few days in Nha Trang in late October.  Seems like a nice town.  We didn't do a lot, mostly hung around my wife's sister's house. Did check out a couple markets and that ancient temple thing on the hill by the river. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nha Trang is a very nice, fairly large beach town - with tons of nice but cheap hotels and plenty of restaurants catering to tourists. Da Nang has equally nice beaches but is a much larger city, which means more places to visit in the area - in addition to the beaches. You can't go wrong with either place.

• Like 1