Local Pattaya bar owner at wits end after legal dispute over bar lease and status

webfact

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not at all, but those who make the claims are the ones who are obligated to provide the proof of their claims, not those who dispute the claims.

a bit of a stretch to call the statements posted here to be "claims",  they are mostly babbling about, there are however some knowledgable blurbs.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:54 PM, shackleton said:

Or even lease one ????

A Canadian friend of mine did exactly that and took out a lease on a bar for nine years, paying a substantial amount upfront (9 million baht I think it was) and a monthly rent.

It went quite well for a while and then he was probably just breaking even, so decided to back to Canada to earn some more money to top up his coffers, and when he came back he found that his girlfriend had been playing around, and a little later on found that she had been keeping the rent and electricity money herself, and then she finally sold the bar when he was away again – – this because she was the one who had signed the lease papers.

I have first hand experience and knowledge of this and from what I have heard and seen in my almost 16 years here, it is not that unusual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have first hand experience and knowledge of this and from what I have heard and seen in my almost 16 years here, it is not that unusual.

No, a few more arrive on every plane.... to entrust so much monetary value to someone he likely hardly knew was beyond belief..... I don't even grasp what the 9 million up-front was, key money? Places can be had without key money, and I do not grasp how a place requires both a lease and a monthly rent. Expensive lesson. 

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, a few more arrive on every plane.... to entrust so much monetary value to someone he likely hardly knew was beyond belief..... I don't even grasp what the 9 million up-front was, key money? Places can be had without key money, and I do not grasp how a place requires both a lease and a monthly rent. Expensive lesson. 

Yes it was key money, which was a concept unknown to me when I first arrived here. At the time my friend took out the 9 yr lease it was for the "best bar" in a soi which had just been totally rebuilt and the competition for bars was high................the rest is an expensive lesson.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 4:17 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Easy, you  just said that you had made all these observations with absolutely zero back-up for your claims, that makes them just your opinions.  

No.  Observations are facts. It's fine if you dispute my observations, but observations are not "opinions."  Is English your first language?   

On 12/31/2022 at 4:20 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Because I don't have to, I'm not the one who made the failing businesses claims, you did, the onus is on you to justify your initial uncorroborated assertions.

If you have nothing to put forward to refute the claims of posters, then you simply have, "nothing." 

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 9:58 AM, bang saen guy said:

Exactly. This stinks to high heaven. Why promote Isaan lawyers unless he controls that like he does Pattaya News? He says he has the bib in his back pocket. Easy for him

But he might have a stake in Isaan Lawyers. Look at the shareholders, it's public. Maybe the wife of Flowers is inside.... ????