Buying Gold.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I visited the www.

Is there an English version? Can't easily see it on their site. My Thai is not so good. I don't like to ask the site, and copying everything into 'Translate' is long-winded.

Google Chrome or Brave auto-translate function. Simples.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

I don't think there is an English version of that site. I just use it to see the prices, which you can see by just scrolling down a bit. The current buying and selling prices are 29,450 and 29,550 baht, respectively. Just memorize where those prices are on the screen and you will know which prices to look at whenever you want to check the prices. They also have an app that you can use to check prices on your phone.

Thanks for that Hank.

My phone is just a text and call one. Steer clear of anything 'smart' due to the control and tracking.

I have a nice stash of golden stuff. Always looking for offers on the www. Buy one; get one free. That sort of thing. There was also a special from west Africa a while back. One kilo of pure gold at half price. Delivery free too. And also from OZ; gold dust. This guy was getting gold from old computers. That was also cheap.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Open the site on Google Chrome and you can translate it to many other languages,  sometimes I use it even to translate 'aseannow'

Be careful with though, what i do is use my translate app and then copy English to Thai and re-check again translated to English.

Sometimes it doesn't translate correctly, you can alter the English for it to explain in Thai better. 

If important I get my Mrs to check it out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 12:38 PM, worgeordie said:

Why do you want to buy Gold , as an investment , for your wife ,G/f ,

if for investment your better buying Gold bars ,well known brand ,

spend as much as you can afford,as often as you like ,but you

should follow Gold on a reliable site.

regards Worgeordie

sorry man what are you talking about?

On 12/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, Ali Katz said:

Point

In my experience the bid/ask spread is low especially if you compare to Singapore etc.

Point

I believe the dealers' association invoked some kind of minimum investment a few years ago, maybe something like 100,000 baht. ICBW

I personally recommend you investigate the gold shops on Charoen Krung, at a minimum a cultural experience.  Oh,  get your grams and bahts and exchange rates straight in your head beforehand. 

What is ICBW? Please stop texting and remember you are on a forum. Do you really think that all the posters know what these initials mean?

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2022 at 8:19 AM, Dazinoz said:

bank branches just close sometimes. I received a letter my branch where I opened the account saying it had closed and my new branch was xxx. If I had gold stored there I would hope be transferred

There is a big difference between a bank account, i.e. a computer entry, and a safe deposit box.    The bank will always advise safe deposit box holders if they are closing as the branch alone does not have access to the boxes in order to move the contents.  The bank has one key, the box holder has the other, both are needed for access and the banks do not have duplicates, for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

I tried to help all of you................telling you about massive DEMAND.  Should have bought on this post, sell now...

now you are rich

like me.

my posts are worth their weight in gold IF every letter weighed as much as a black hole. 

Your posts are certainly very rich, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

I tried to help all of you................telling you about massive DEMAND.  Should have bought on this post, sell now...

now you are rich

like me.

my posts are worth their weight in gold IF every letter weighed as much as a black hole. 

You don't mean black hole but black gold, Texas tea. ????

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

When buying gold at Chinatown, can you pay by Bangkok bank app, or does it have to be cash?

The shop I mainly trade at in Chiang Mai you can use app. I cant remember if they charged a fee for this. When I sell gold they don't use app, just my account number and deposit proceeds of sale directly to my account.

Could (and mostly likely does) vary from store to store. Shop around.

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

The shop I mainly trade at in Chiang Mai you can use app. I cant remember if they charged a fee for this. When I sell gold they don't use app, just my account number and deposit proceeds of sale directly to my account.

Could (and mostly likely does) vary from store to store. Shop around.

That's a great help, I should not have a problem finding a suitable gold shop in Chinatown. Thanks.

Internet all day long.

I like to buy those little gramme buttons. With delivery; around 2,200 baht.

2128513248_gramgold.png.37fef378d9e1791cdeb2958c73660569.png

Have to beware with the www however. Bargains seemingly everywhere.

From India; buy a ring; get one free. And from West African, half price gold at the mo'; free delivery.

Have to check them out.

• 1 month later...