Urgent advice needed

6 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Can somebody advice me on how my tgf could send (deliver) me my personal staff (2 big bags) from Pattaya to Cambodia? She does not have the international passport, so, as I understand, unable to travel into Cambodia herself.

Your missus can get a passport very easily and quickly - no visa required.

If you just want a quick hand over - her i.d. would get her into no mans land and out again - you could meet there.

Laos can enter easily with just i.d. card and nominal fee.

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

Overstay, especially as short as mine is never a problem if one pays the overstay fee. If it was about overstay I would be back to Thailand tomorrow without any hassle. As I explained before , the main reason they don’t want me back is the fact I stayed 3 year on Covid visas. Although, not a single immigration officer told me this in a straightforward manner. Which is the most annoying thing about all this story.

I've been back here 5 Years - on tourist visas - all throughout covid - still here.

I think you were unlucky at that particular border point - I wouldn't have gone back there, after your first attempt failed.

Good luck with new ventures - I don't think you'll have a problem getting back in, if you want to.

• Like 1

Overstaying... don't do it. The prospect of spending time behind bars, being fined and eventually deported is depressing enough. On top of that, there's that bonus of being on the news and one's LinkedIn being spied at and, if you forgot to edit out the juicy tidbits before the arrest, exposed here by yours truly.

Spending time behind bars during the holidays with family half a world away and consular staff more concerned about their facebook updates and twitter feeds... not good.

6 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Actually, when they stopped me at Ban Pakkard yesterday, they made me sign an Expulsion letter and also made a specific stamp in my passport. According to their explanation, this stamp prohibits me from entering the country through the land borders. The advice was to try it through the airport with the return ticket and hotel booking. Again, I don’t see any logic in that advice.  

Do you have a copy of this "expulsion letter". If so, it would be very interesting if you could scan and post it (obscuring any personal identifiable information first). Also, if the "specific stamp" in your passport is anything other than the overstay stamp (which might be enough these days to prevent entry through many land crossings) it would be interesting to see that. We might be able to better advise you having viewed those items.

I doubt you were actually officially deported. That is a more involved process. Possibly, they placed a departure stamp followed by a denied entry stamp in your passport, even though you had not actually crossed into Cambodia and tried to return at that point.

I agree with your assessment that trying to return by air at this point (especially without a visa) would be fraught with risk. Airport immigration might try to pressure the airline that brings you to Thailand to return you to your home country (following a denied entry) though it is improper for them to do so. Where you go after a denied entry is supposed to be a matter for private negotiation between you and the airline.

It is possible that the officials at the Ban Laem border are requiring you to go to the "big border" because of your overstay status. It is not uncommon for Thai officials to enforce stricter regulations for those who have overstayed their visa. It is important to note that overstaying your visa in Thailand can result in fines and potentially imprisonment. It is best to contact the Thai embassy or consulate for guidance on how to properly resolve your overstay status and cross the border.

10 hours ago, goloeilmanz said:

It is possible that the officials at the Ban Laem border are requiring you to go to the "big border" because of your overstay status. It is not uncommon for Thai officials to enforce stricter regulations for those who have overstayed their visa. It is important to note that overstaying your visa in Thailand can result in fines and potentially imprisonment. It is best to contact the Thai embassy or consulate for guidance on how to properly resolve your overstay status and cross the border.

It has nothing to do with overstay. I was at the same border 3 weeks before and without any overstay and got the same advice - go to the airport border.
 There is no such thing as “overstay status” after the overstay fee is paid. There is a crystal clear regulation that only overstays over 3 months lead to 1 or more years ban for entering the country. 

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Yme said:

It always helps me feel better inside when I see that my personal troubles are able to make some other people (those with the obvious psychological deviations) a bit happier. Now I know why the modern days  media is full of all kind of catastrophic news. Many people just need it to feel themselves good.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hellfire said:

It always helps me feel better inside when I see that my personal troubles are able to make some other people (those with the obvious psychological deviations) a bit happier. Now I know why the modern days  media is full of all kind of catastrophic news. Many people just need it to feel themselves good.

come on man, you came to TaiVisa/AseanNow what did you expected, you must be new here

On 12/13/2022 at 3:44 AM, Hellfire said:

It has nothing to do with overstay. I was at the same border 3 weeks before and without any overstay and got the same advice - go to the airport border.

It could be something to do with the two land border crossings/visas rule .

They might of classified a covid visas extension as a land border crossing ?

On 12/12/2022 at 7:25 AM, BangkokHank said:

Not in the US. Even if you entered the country illegally, you can vote (for the Democrats) and get lots of free stuff -  paid for by the US taxpayers. So I would suggest that he get himself over to the US -  pronto - and all his problems will be solved. (As long as he's not White.)

Someone has been watching way  to much FOX news 

• Like 1

Funny fact. Came to Ban Laem border today to collect my bags sent to me from Pattaya. Was in the “no man’s zone”, awaiting for the courier with the bags to arrive, when this guy from the immigration approaches me (as it turned out, they still remember me pretty well) and say: “You have to fly your country, you can not come Thailand” (all this in quite an aggressive manner). To which I proudly replied: “Leave me alone, you fat piece of s***t. I just came here to collect my stuff. I feel great in Cambodia right now and I am more than tired of your bureaucratic Thai BS. Go away, now!”. He made a wai and left. 

Edited by Hellfire
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

just came here to collect my stuff. I feel great in Cambodia right now and I am more than bored with your bureaucratic Thai BS. Go away, now!”. He made a wai and left

Your thread from the start is a train wreck and very embarrassing.

You from the start were advised to exit at another border crossing.

Then weeks later attempted same thing but this time with overstay. 

Added to issue is that left belongings in Thailand.

Now complain about that 

Ridiculous! 

Enjoy Cambodia. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Your thread from the start is a train wreck and very embarrassing.

You from the start were advised to exit at another border crossing.

Then weeks later attempted same thing but this time with overstay. 

Added to issue is that left belongings in Thailand.

Now complain about that 

Ridiculous! 

Enjoy Cambodia. 

I do not complain about anything. As I said, I stayed in Thailand (without leaving) for 3 consecutive years on Covid regulations. To add some more facts, I stayed in Thailand for 6 more year before Covid (around 15 visa runs to Laos). And I also stayed one more year before that (2012) on then available “medical” (fake) visas. 
 In this thread I told my most recent adventures on the border and hope it might be useful for somebody else.

P.S. I definitely exaggerated the way I talked to the IO in the post above. Just to make it a little bit funnier.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

In this thread I told my most recent adventures on the border and hope it might be useful for somebody else.

It's a boring story and not new .

The covid thing gave you extra couple of years 

This thread re attempting to exit and after being refused and then doing same thing weeks later with overstay and finally asking for advice how to get your belongings out of Thailand is a Monty python sketch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a boring story and not new .

The covid thing gave you extra couple of years 

This thread re attempting to exit and after being refused and then doing same thing weeks later with overstay and finally asking for advice how to get your belongings out of Thailand is a Monty python sketch. 

Actually, the recovering of my belongings from Pattaya turned out to be 10 smoother than I expected. I even entered Thailand today after explaining the IO officer I need to withdraw money from the Thai ATM (card lost, could only do it using my phone).

P.S. Covid let me stay in Thailand 3 more additional years (from December 2019 till one week ago).

Well , no more posts from me in this thread. Nothing more to be added.

• Haha 1

Numerous covid extensions + overstay + IO abuse (:tongue:) = red flags / small chance of getting back. Didn't read it all, but for others in a similar position (and there are probably many), just get on a plane rather than messing about bouncing borders and risking overstay. Hope it works out in Cam. Cool place, aside from PP. Don't know if I could stomach it full time though.