XBB Covid Variant Spreading In India Will Soon Reach Thailand: Expert

webfact

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

No.

I have not had any vaccines for it.  I used to sneak out at lock downs for a drink with the Thai village locals  I dont wear face masks, only when it used to be insisted upon..never now.  

I have never had covid either.  I believe its real, and cam kill old sick or weak people.  In the early days it was more dangerous.  Now is no worse than a cold.  Get over it. 

You seem uninformed about the seriousness of Covid. 

It doesn't just kill the old and the weak.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They're well informed. Dear Leader said it was a hoax so that's the rule now. They just can't bring themselves to admit that he was full of it. It's totally a political issue for them now, not a scientific / medical issue. That's why reasoning with them doesn't work. All that's left is derision and scorn.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, placnx said:

----> " Viral ends up being the written equivalent of a Rorschach test: you can read into it what you like. Those inclined to conspiracy theories will find plenty to say “told you so”. If, like me, you are on the fence, you will likely stay there. And those who disavow the lab leak scenario might judge the book one big nothing-burger that fails to convince " ...---<

I read this interesting review of the book , but , of course , there was no evidence delivered for neither theory .

A few strange coincidences , may be ...

11 hours ago, placnx said:

Here is another that has generated a lot of interest:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/10/covid-origins-investigation-wuhan-lab

--->  ... " to what investigators on the Senate team believed to be a biocontainment incident shortly before the virus began infecting its first victims.

---> ..." The authors of the interim report do not claim to have definitively solved the mystery of COVID-19’s origin. “The lack of transparency from government and public health officials in the [People’s Republic of China] with respect to the origins of SARS-CoV-2 prevents reaching a more definitive conclusion,” <---

Again , no evidence ... only conclusions ...

Anyway , there won't be any hard evidence that comes to light after 3 yrs have passed ....

Believe what you want .

The conclusions of the zoonotic transmission would be that harmful , potentially deadly viruses that are present in some wild animals can become a threat to humanity by transmission to humans .

So , better for humanity not to interfere and just let them live in their natural habitat . Good for preserving Nature and protecting humans from yet unknown forms of ' retaliations ' of interfering with wildlife . .

Conclusions of the ' lab leak theory

:

China has been working on transforming SARS viruses ... and not been careful enough handling them . Entirely China's fault . If that would be proven , ( impossible ) , China could be held responsible for the damage done to the worldwide economy ... with all the implications this carries ...

I am all for protecting Nature from people , and the threat of becoming infected by viruses when poachers do their dirty work , will just help to do that .

But , up 2 U ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

6 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

It's not about genes, it's about philosophy of life. Western medecine is a sick man's medicine. I am more into a holistic approach as was practiced in ancient civilizations such as India, China, Egypt, Persia, Greece… even Thailand actually.

A good doctor prevents his patients from becoming sick ... but that brings in not enough money ...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

A good doctor prevents his patients from becoming sick ... but that brings in not enough money ...

They don't really. I recently asked my GP why doctors just handed out medicines and didn't at the same time read the riot act about diet and exercise. She just said "Don't even go there".

They are not dieticians or wholistic therapists, their function is to do blood tests and hand out drugs mainly.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

We've known since February 2020 that Covid overwhelmingly kills just the old.

The data, even before the milder Omicron came along, from the UK's Office of National Statistics is quite clear on this.

* The median age of Covid death in the UK is 82 years.

* The proportion of Covid deaths occurring in the under-50s group was less than 2% of the total Covid deaths

* 75% of deaths were in the over-75 age cohort.

Treating Covid with a one-size-fits-all approach (as in mass lockdowns) instead of aiming at focused protection of the elderly was one of the hugest of the huge blunders made by our "leaders".

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

The data, even before the milder Omicron came along, from the UK's Office of National Statistics is quite clear on this.

* The proportion of Covid deaths occurring in the under-50s group was less than 2% of the total Covid deaths

Treating Covid with a one-size-fits-all approach (as in mass lockdowns) instead of aiming at focused protection of the elderly was one of the hugest of the huge blunders made by our "leaders".

Well I am not a Covid denier but this is a revelation for me: old people die.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

----> " Viral ends up being the written equivalent of a Rorschach test: you can read into it what you like. Those inclined to conspiracy theories will find plenty to say “told you so”. If, like me, you are on the fence, you will likely stay there. And those who disavow the lab leak scenario might judge the book one big nothing-burger that fails to convince " ...---<

I read this interesting review of the book , but , of course , there was no evidence delivered for neither theory .

A few strange coincidences , may be ...

--->  ... " to what investigators on the Senate team believed to be a biocontainment incident shortly before the virus began infecting its first victims.

---> ..." The authors of the interim report do not claim to have definitively solved the mystery of COVID-19’s origin. “The lack of transparency from government and public health officials in the [People’s Republic of China] with respect to the origins of SARS-CoV-2 prevents reaching a more definitive conclusion,” <---

Again , no evidence ... only conclusions ...

Anyway , there won't be any hard evidence that comes to light after 3 yrs have passed ....

Believe what you want .

The conclusions of the zoonotic transmission would be that harmful , potentially deadly viruses that are present in some wild animals can become a threat to humanity by transmission to humans .

So , better for humanity not to interfere and just let them live in their natural habitat . Good for preserving Nature and protecting humans from yet unknown forms of ' retaliations ' of interfering with wildlife . .

Conclusions of the ' lab leak theory

:

China has been working on transforming SARS viruses ... and not been careful enough handling them . Entirely China's fault . If that would be proven , ( impossible ) , China could be held responsible for the damage done to the worldwide economy ... with all the implications this carries ...

I am all for protecting Nature from people , and the threat of becoming infected by viruses when poachers do their dirty work , will just help to do that .

But , up 2 U ...

There does not seem to be conclusive evidence for the origin of Covid. Any natural origin of the virus could have been conveyed via the lab and subsequently accidentally released. On the other hand, there didn't seem be an outbreak among lab workers prior to people getting sick near the wet market.

One thing is sure: the government was surprised by the outbreak, and didn't have early knowledge of the nature of the virus.

And there is a scientific consensus that the virus was not bioengineered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

The numbers in the US are similar Covid only killed 250,000 under 65. I am sure that number doesn't bother you.

I personally would worry about a disease that killed that many people, but that's just me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Oh dear. All those Indians running around Pattaya, no masks and enjoying the girls who soon will travel to their families during the festivities.

This particular strain may be relatively harmless. The problem will come when a lethal and infectious strain emerges, and pounces on those lulled into carelessness by Omicron.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The numbers in the US are similar Covid only killed 250,000 under 65. I am sure that number doesn't bother you.

I personally would worry about a disease that killed that many people, but that's just me.

Well, they are not know for their good health in America.  They are the most obese nation in the world, live on a diet of processed foods full of sugar and fat, don't exercise and just generally full of health problems to start with.  

That number you stated... Is that in one year or since covid began?  You might want to compare that number with Americans who died of heart diseased...

About 697,000 people in the United States died from heart disease yearly. 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

We have also known since then that it mutates into different strains and sub strains and since Feb 2020 we have had pre Alpha then, Alpha being common in UK late 2020, Then Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Omicron late2021. All varying transmission and pathology. We got most of the Greek alphabet covered. 

Your use of the word 'just' is inexact here... English perhaps not your first language.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

When the number of annual death rises significantly, scientists look for a cause. The last couple of years, there has been significant numbers of extra deaths, due to  Covid.

This year, there have been 350,000 excess deaths in the US, according to OECD data. Of these, 225,000 have been attributed to Covid by the CDC.

That is, there are 125,000 excess deaths in the US not attributable to Covid in 2022 so far. I haven't seen any great urgency among scientists to look for a cause in the US, or across other countries such as Thailand, the UK, Germany and Australia where the same excess mortality is seen.

Scientists only look for a cause of annual death in certain study areas, it seems.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2022 at 7:18 AM, RichardColeman said:

OK, so let those susceptible to it stay in and the world get on with life - either that or destroy it again as masks and washing hands did not work well

Juast tbhose susceptible?

What about their families?

Their carers?

How do they earn any money to survive?

PH

20 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

And perhaps not. You'll never know as you refuse to look at them.

People have already looked at them and dismissed them as trash which is why they don't make the MSM. Why would we ant to waste our time looking at batpoop crazy conspiracy theories.

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No you are correct, but I think you will find by far the largest percd rage of people that die from it now are old or already ill with serious health conditions. 

I was very much worse at the beginong of the outbreak I agree.  

But I don't agree there is any need for the fear, lock downs and over the top mask wearing in all places outdoors now. 

58 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

People have already looked at them and dismissed them as trash which is why they don't make the MSM. Why would we ant to waste our time looking at batpoop crazy conspiracy theories.

You're making a big mistake by letting other people vet information for you, rather than look at it and assess it independently.

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

You're making a big mistake by letting other people vet information for you, rather than look at it and assess it independently.

I can't assess any scientific data myself. I have to read expert opinions and then make a decision based on what I think is credible, bearing in mind the qualifications and experience of those experts or lack thereof.

When none of the MSM are willing to publish some data, that's a huge red flag for me. I don't buy that they are in cahoots to bury credible scientific data. That's just too far out there. They are bound by their corporate constitutions to publish stories which are truth and would make them money without exposure to lawsuits and loss of credibility like Fox is just learning about.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I can't assess any scientific data myself. I have to read expert opinions and then make a decision based on what I think is credible, bearing in mind the qualifications and experience of those experts or lack thereof.

When none of the MSM are willing to publish some data, that's a huge red flag for me. I don't buy that they are in cahoots to bury credible scientific data. That's just too far out there. They are bound by their corporate constitutions to publish stories which are truth and would make them money without exposure to lawsuits and loss of credibility like Fox is just learning about.

"I don't buy that they are in cahoots to bury credible scientific data. That's just too far out there."

That's the gist of the issue, yes. Most people (understandably) just can't fathom that this could actually happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

"I don't buy that they are in cahoots to bury credible scientific data. That's just too far out there."

That's the gist of the issue, yes. Most people (understandably) just can't fathom that this could actually happen.

They'd need to answer to their shareholders so that's legally impossible. And why would they do it? Collusion for financial gain is illegal. There are practical considerations which make it exceedingly unlikely. Their books are audited as well. And they need to make public disclosures by law on anything which MAY affect their stock price.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They'd need to answer to their shareholders so that's legally impossible. And why would they do it? Collusion for financial gain is illegal. There are practical considerations which make it exceedingly unlikely. Their books are audited as well. And they need to make public disclosures by law on anything which MAY affect their stock price.

Money is the ultimate instrument of power and de facto the ultimate incentive. The pharmaceutical industry pays medical journals to promote their studies and products, it pays government institutions, it pays the media, it pays everybody.

https://www.sciencealert.com/how-much-top-journal-editors-get-paid-by-big-pharma-corrupt

This Is The Sickening Amount Pharmaceutical Companies Pay Top Journal Editors

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/can-cdc-in-the-us-takings-millions-from-pharma-industry-be-unbiased/47357501

Can CDC in the US takings millions from pharma industry be unbiased?

https://www.csrxp.org/icymi-new-study-finds-big-pharma-spent-more-on-sales-and-marketing-than-rd-during-pandemic/

NEW STUDY FINDS BIG PHARMA SPENT MORE ON SALES AND MARKETING THAN R&D DURING PANDEMIC

Go and see for yourself how many TV shows feature the "brought to you by Pfizer" sponsorship slogan. Here are a few (easily verifiable):

Good Μorning America

CBS HealthWatch

Anderson Cooper 360°

ABC News Nightline

CNN Tonight