Tesla in Thaiand

Nepal4me

1 hour ago, macahoom said:

Ha! What a load of old codswallop, made-up nonsense.

P.S. There are plenty of stations with two separate chargers. 

That's why he/she/it is on my ignore list ...

... EV troll ... ????

That's just sad ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Nepal4me said:

You prefer a Camry to a Tesla???

I'm guessing you've never driven a Tesla.  They make gas cars look like a Nokia flip.  

Love the Nokia flip as well

Never driven a Tesla but then I thought they drove you ?

Edited by kwak250

8 hours ago, DavisH said:

US tesla reliability is poor. Hopefully Chinese made ones are better. Toyota destroys tesla for reliability. 

Toyota ... having a problem simply keeping the wheels on their EVs.

Subaru should have picked SAIC to make their EVs.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Toyota ... having a problem simply keeping the wheels on their EVs.

Subaru should have picked SAIC to make their EVs.

Keep dreaming ...lol Tesla is at the bottom. 

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-placed-bottom-consumer-reports-reliability-rankings/?utm_campaign=gs-2020-11-23&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqOucBhDrARIsAPCQL1aUOdiHiuHqcPHfjb-Ik-LX2fgtBpESZIQZUz36RN-etIXIgMs4rFMaArrTEALw_wcB

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Also consider CR is a USA based mag, and the Tesla being sold here, will be coming out of CH, not the USA or EU.  Where I suspect most of the CR / Tesla customers based.

Don't just read the headline, other tidbits from that link:

"Tesla scored a reliability score of 40/100, while electric vehicles overall scored 36/100. It isn’t all bad news for Tesla; its score matches the average for domestic automakers, the company was able to improve its ranking by four places compared to last year"

Also, and why I'm not a big fan of extra options, especially electronics, as most complaints from customers are about the 'extras' not the drivetrains.

So yea, if I paid 40-50k for a car, I'd be frustrated also when sh!t didn't work.

"At the same time, as Tesla attempts to offer the bleeding edge of software innovation, they undoubtedly encounter more software issues than have been typically seen in the automotive space. And while these problems are typically fixed through updates and technical support quickly, they could easily contribute to Tesla’s poor performance."

"Consumer Reports’ results lead to one central question, what influenced Tesla (and electric vehicles generally) in scoring so low compared to the competition? This question becomes especially confounding when the prevailing narrative is that “electric vehicles are generally more reliable than their gas counterparts.”

"

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Also consider CR is a USA based mag, and the Tesla being sold here, will be coming out of CH, not the USA or EU.  Where I suspect most of the CR / Tesla customers based.

Don't just read the headline, other tidbits from that link:

"Tesla scored a reliability score of 40/100, while electric vehicles overall scored 36/100. It isn’t all bad news for Tesla; its score matches the average for domestic automakers, the company was able to improve its ranking by four places compared to last year"

Also, and why I'm not a big fan of extra options, especially electronics, as most complaints from customers are about the 'extras' not the drivetrains.

So yea, if I paid 40-50k for a car, I'd be frustrated also when sh!t didn't work.

"At the same time, as Tesla attempts to offer the bleeding edge of software innovation, they undoubtedly encounter more software issues than have been typically seen in the automotive space. And while these problems are typically fixed through updates and technical support quickly, they could easily contribute to Tesla’s poor performance."

"Consumer Reports’ results lead to one central question, what influenced Tesla (and electric vehicles generally) in scoring so low compared to the competition? This question becomes especially confounding when the prevailing narrative is that “electric vehicles are generally more reliable than their gas counterparts.”

"

Sometimes the verbal diarrhea coming out of these rags probably has more to do with word counts and fiction, then actual reality - case in point: ' Tesla attempts to offer the bleeding edge of software innovation......' has a fantastic ring to it, but is hardly factual. Tesla still does not have a 360 camera view that is quite common in many vehicles, which everybody who has it in a vehicle will attest is much more useful than the ability to make a fart noise. Or self parking - a really useful feature available in many cars - Tesla is woefully lacking with their laughable attempt......and the list goes on.

Tesla is unsurpassed in some of the technologies they put in their cars, but they are not nearly as god-like as the Tesla-fanboys want to believe.

For context: I am one of the many thousands that have a Tesla on order - but only because the BYD Seal has no delivery date for Thailand.

Edited by mistral53
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Sometimes the verbal diarrhea coming out of these rags probably has more to do with word counts and fiction, then actual reality - case in point: ' Tesla attempts to offer the bleeding edge of software innovation......' has a fantastic ring to it, but is hardly factual. Tesla still does not have a 360 camera view that is quite common in many vehicles, which everybody who has it in a vehicle will attest is much more useful than the ability to make a fart noise. Or self parking - a really useful feature available in many cars - Tesla is woefully lacking with their laughable attempt......and the list goes on.

Tesla is unsurpassed in some of the technologies they put in their cars, but they are not nearly as god-like as the Tesla-fanboys want to believe.

For context: I am one of the many thousands that have a Tesla on order - but only because the BYD Seal has no delivery date for Thailand.

Got to take all with a grain of salt ... although ... I wouldn't call CR a rag, since a subscriber based magazine/site, company, doing consumer product testing & review from yearly subscriber surveys.

Gives CR quite a bit more credibility over advertiser funded rags & sites.  I was a subscriber for many years in the USA, and based my many, most expensive purchases from their recommendations, and all very accurate.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mistral53 said:

When motoring journalists write reviews of any new vehicle, one has to ask whether the lily is being gilded.

There are two drivers of favorable comment. The first is the car magazine, which depends on advertising revenue to stay in business. If too many car manufacturers pull their advertisements due to unfavorable comment, they don't.

The second driver are the journalists themselves, who don't get to test-drive new models, or go on junkets funded by manufacturers if they tell it like it is. And can even get fired if they are too scathing.

There's every incentive to gloss over failings, and none for honesty.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1