Phuket peak tourism season expected over Christmas and New Year, Russians top tourism market

webfact

image.jpeg

Kata Beach

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – The peak of the Phuket tourism high season is expected from Christmas to New Year as Russians lead the pack of visitors.

The president of the Southern Thai Hotels Association Mr. Sueksit Suwannadissakun told the Phuket Express “Phuket tourism has improved since the beginning of October. About 57 percent of hotels in Phuket re-opened in October and in November this was 70 percent.

We are expecting that during Christmas and New Year there will be 80 percent of hotels in Phuket opened.”

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/12/14/phuket-peak-tourism-season-expected-over-christmas-and-new-year-russians-top-tourism-market/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-12-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

How is it that we read about all the Russian's visiting Thailand. First Pattaya and now Phuket. Record numbers of visitors from Russia. The Russian economy is supposedly in shambles. Something doesn't add up. 

Russian economy in Shambles, Revolution in Iran, Famine in North Korea... I get my news from the same place you do...something amiss or someone lying....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

'Russian tourists' is not quite accurate, 'fleeing' is a better word, there's a large number of Russian military here including my neighbour who are waiting it out in the warmth of Thailand and earning petty cash online with crypto, unfortunately for most they don't have a long stay visa option.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanuman2547 said:

They should list what areas of Phuket and Pattaya the Russians like to visit.  I'll do my best to avoid those places so you know, they won't be so crowded.  

Then DO NOT go to Nai Harn Beach and Rawai.   I went there for about 5 minutes yesterday, it was totally insane.   I heard Kata and Karon are bad too.  I just wrote on another post that groups of Russians are renting long term rentals, putting first & last month deposit and leaving after 2 months.  Not long term, or going from one long term rental to another to avoid hotel bills and the Tm? (can't remember the number) that hotels has to submit to the government.  Property owners need to beware.

3 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

They should list what areas of Phuket and Pattaya the Russians like to visit.  I'll do my best to avoid those places so you know, they won't be so crowded.  

They are all over Pattaya and Jomtien. fewer of them as you head towards Naklua.