Bangchak to Buy Used Cooking Oil to Produce Jet Fuel

webfact

image.jpeg

BANKOK, Dec 15 (TNA) – Bangchak Corporation, a petroleum and energy conglomerate, invited people to sell their used cooking coil at its 44 gas stations so that it will be turned into sustainable aviation fuel (SAF).

Somchai Tejavanija, chief marketing officer and senior executive vice president of Bangchak Corporation, previously known as Bangchak Petroleum, said the company would start to buy used cooking oil at its 44 gas stations on Dec 21 and the project was in line with the Bio-Circular. -Green Economic Model.

The project was initiated by Thanachok Oil Light Co, a co-investor in BSGF Co. It was aimed at stopping the improper disposal of used cooking oil in public places which affects the environment. It also encourages people not to reuse cooking oil which is harmful to health.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1076291

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

They will be in competition with some of the street food cooks who buy up old oil to continue using the muck. St food is cheap for a reason! 

I don't want to believe this.   They do use cheap unhealthy palm oil.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, proton said:

They will be in competition with some of the street food cooks who buy up old oil to continue using the muck. St food is cheap for a reason! 

That is also another reason I never eat Thai street foods except steamed lemon fish. I don't like most Thai foods except Tom Yum Kung and steamed lemon fish. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Somchai Tejavanija, chief marketing officer and senior executive vice president of Bangchak Corporation, previously known as Bangchak Petroleum, said the company would start to buy used cooking oil at its 44 gas stations on Dec 21 and the project was in line with the Bio-Circular. -Green Economic Model

Yep, I can see locals driving  around trying to find one of these stations to sell their cooking oil.

Or just tip it down the nearest drain like normal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Fancy riding in a plane that smells of old chips.

Just keep the windows closed pal!

I had a friend who used this stuff in his old van and yes, it smelled like a mobile chip-shop!

Edited by jacko45k