Intoxicated man left on roadside after “friend” reportedly abandoned him

snoop1130

80083-667x420.jpg

An intoxicated man was found on a roadside with a damaged motorbike after his friend allegedly left him in Pattaya.

The Pattaya City Police were notified of an intoxicated man on Pattaya Third Road opposite Soi Korpai in Nongprue early yesterday morning (December 14th).

They and the Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a man identified only as Mr. Direk, 53, who was heavily intoxicated and highly emotional. Nearby, police found a damaged motorbike.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/15/intoxicated-man-found-left-on-roadside-in-pattaya-after-friend-reportedly-abandoned-him/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

And?

Unfortunately some drunk people are very annoying - even if they are our friends.

Maybe the friend told the drunk: Promise me you wont drink anymore tonight and I will bring you home. And maybe the drunk person insisted he will continue drinking.

Should the friend then still take care of him? Why?

The friend didn't abandon this guy in the middle of nowhere. It was in the middle of Pattaya. There was no risk of the drunk starving or freezing to death.

Obviously a lot depends on the circumstances and what actually happened. But I don't think we can blame person A for not unconditionally taking care of person B.

• Like 2

These two guys go to a bar together on a motorbike. They both get drunk.  By default, the less drunk guy drives home. What the police suspect likely happened. They get into a accident. The driver panics. See his friend is OK and bolts for the hills.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hioctane said:

These two guys go to a bar together on a motorbike. They both get drunk.  By default, the less drunk guy drives home. What the police suspect likely happened. They get into a accident. The driver panics. See his friend is OK and bolts for the hills.

Sounds fair to me.????????