Thailand and EU Sign Partnership and Cooperation Agreement

snoop1130

d0dd80263b971b4853d37c991f5fa517_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - An agreement between Thailand and the European Union (EU) has been signed to increase bilateral cooperation in social, economic, and security areas.

The Thai-EU Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (PCA) was signed on Wednesday (Dec 14) by representatives from both sides. Thailand was represented by Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha and Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai, while the EU was represented by Vice President and High Representative Josep Borrell, and Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala.

This agreement is set to strengthen political dialogue and expand opportunities for cooperation in various fields such as transportation, the environment, trade, education, anti-corruption, counter-terrorism and other areas. The pact will also serve as a framework for negotiations to establish a Free Trade Area (FTA) agreement between Thailand and the EU, as well as a knowledge-sharing platform for such projects as the universal healthcare program.

Borrell stated the signing of the PCA represents the importance and potential of their bilateral relations. He emphasized that both sides are committed to working together to promote regional growth and stability while also supporting the rules-based international order.

The PCA will become effective once it is ratified by Thailand and EU member states. A provisional application is anticipated after both parties have followed the processes outlined in the Thai-EU agreement.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221216143516568

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-12-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder if the EU mentioned a total ban on ALL thais owning land ? 

The exception might not apply to special and privileged Thais. 

Edited by zzaa09

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An agreement between Thailand and the European Union (EU) has been signed to increase bilateral cooperation in social, economic, and security areas

Did the EU ask Thailand to explain the "luxury tax" on all imported goods?

Thought not.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:53 AM, Joe Farang said:

Maybe EU citizens will no longer be charged double in Thailand.

The Brits, Yanks etc would just love that I'd say.

a dream I think Thais and their abuse of foreigners when it come to grabbing Cash..would be good if they did tho ..I'd certainly travel to more tourist places especially national parks..but when I have to pay 10x more than my wife n kids ..it's a no 

• Thumbs Up 1