Suvarnabhumi Immigration entry processing - Boarding pass required from your arrival flight. 18/12/2022

12 hours ago, rwilem said:

Showing the boarding pass has been required for quite a number of years now.

Don't have any experience with what happens if you don't have it/discarded it/left it behind in the plane. Have had experience with people ahead of me and others in the queues not having theirs, or having to search for it while they're in front of the officer.

Just just want a flight number.  But I have never been asked for mine since 2016

• Like 1

A repeat post I made a while ago. Arrived at BKK and the first immigration hall was very busy. Did the trick of continuing to the next hall which was slightly less crowded. Arriving at the booth I offered my passport and boarding card to be told that this was the wrong immigration hall for this flight and was told to go to the other hall for processing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

They just want a flight number because the want to know where you come from, it goes into the system......

But they don't do that to all the people all of the time, so there's no point if it only gives then a distorted and incomplete picture. So some of the IOs, some of the time, go through the motions with no real purpose.

A bit like the TM6. Given at land borders, not for flight arrivals. I recently came in by a land border, was surpised to receive the TM6, and dutifully filled in the departure part which was just handed back to me at the airport yesterday.

It makes no sense, but then I wouldn't expect it to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

The reason why I have always kept my boarding pass is that it is the first thing they will request when you make a claim for lost luggage.

Exactly correct!

I have been unfortunate enough to have lost luggage on several flights over my many years of travel.

The first thing they ask for is indeed your Boarding Pass to which they often stick your luggage receipt(s) at check-in....Sometimes they attached the luggage receipt(s) to your passport.

I have also lost luggage on 3 separate occasions when travelling long haul, never to be seen again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy Tempest said:

Exactly correct!

I have been unfortunate enough to have lost luggage on several flights over my many years of travel.

The first thing they ask for is indeed your Boarding Pass to which they often stick your luggage receipt(s) at check-in....Sometimes they attached the luggage receipt(s) to your passport.

I have also lost luggage on 3 separate occasions when travelling long haul, never to be seen again.

Similarly I have almost always had the baggage checks on the back of my passport, whenever they have been on the boarding pass, i have always retained it securely. The baggage receipt is sufficient for lost luggage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stratocaster said:

A repeat post I made a while ago. Arrived at BKK and the first immigration hall was very busy. Did the trick of continuing to the next hall which was slightly less crowded. Arriving at the booth I offered my passport and boarding card to be told that this was the wrong immigration hall for this flight and was told to go to the other hall for processing.

I do this trick a lot, but have never been asked to go back to the other hall.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:02 AM, Paul Catton said:

I have no idea when this requirement was introduced, perhaps with the suspension of the TM6?

The same happened to me 4 weeks ago when I flew into DMK with Air Asia. Fortunately I still had my boarding card tucked in my top pocket, normally it would have been ditched in the plastic rubbish bag in the plane. This was the first time I had experienced this. Pre-pandemic, when I was regularly flying with Air Asia "Fly Thru" services to my local Provincial airport from ASEAN destinations, I was never asked for my boarding card.  

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

On 12/18/2022 at 10:04 AM, DrJack54 said:

Many people do not/cannot provide their boarding pass to the io.

The io will accept that you cannot provide it.

It has always been a requirement and unrelated to the suspension of the arrival card TM6 

In 16 years to and from Thailand - UK I have never been asked for my boarding pass entering at Suvarnabhumi. Nor was I asked last time at the end of September which was since the TM6 was withdrawn.

14 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

In 16 years to and from Thailand - UK I have never been asked for my boarding pass entering at Suvarnabhumi. Nor was I asked last time at the end of September which was since the TM6 was withdrawn.

Prior to covid I was flying every month to Saigon and back and many other places.

For years. 

Most recent flight into BKK was December 6 from OZ.

Boarding passes are always asked for.

There are many folk that do not hand one over and are still processed. 

The immigration officers must be so tired of telling/asking people for them.

The TM6 has nothing to do with boarding pass. 

Not interested in your experience. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

The reason why I have always kept my boarding pass is that it is the first thing they will request when you make a claim for lost luggage.

I had this experience today when I arrived but my luggage didn’t.  They wanted to see my baggage claim ticket and both of my boarding passes since I started in Cairo and transited through Jeddah.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

But they don't do that to all the people all of the time, so there's no point if it only gives then a distorted and incomplete picture. So some of the IOs, some of the time, go through the motions with no real purpose.

It seems to make perfect sense to the TAT

24 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

"Not interested in your experience." 

Thats a nice attitude Jack!.....Not interested in my experience? So w t f should we be interested in yours? Your experience is more valid than mine is it? Sounds a bit discriminatory to me.

Maybe you look a bit dodgy Jack...555

"The TM6 has nothing to do with boarding pass."

Im afraid it does Jack because the TM6 provided all the flight details given on the boarding pass so it was superfluous. And which is why, it appears, some are now being asked for it on arrival. And the OP is indicating that it is becoming an official requirement. The only posters on here I have seen reporting being asked for their boarding pass on arrival have been since the TM6 was discarded. That is why, when I entered at the end of September, for the 1st time ever, I had my BP ready to show, but I was not asked for it. But hey you are not interested in my experience are you Jack? But perhaps others might be. And I would  be interested to know if others have been asked for their boarding pass on arrival over the years before the abolition of the TM6.

First up have read of this current thread. 

Not the best but talks about boarding pass.

Reason not interested in you post about your vast experience is that's it's incorrect.

I have mentioned that the io will still process you on arrival however they do require it and just accept that you are not familiar with the process. 

Most likely due to many travellers not being aware of it.

It was also required previously when Arrival cards (TM6) were required.

It also occurs at other airports (not all) .

I'm posting what is common practice and not your experience. 

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Reason not interested in you post about your vast experience is that's it's incorrect.

????????????

My experience is incorrect is it? So in actual fact I was asked for and showed my boarding pass every time I entered Thailand over the last 16 years without realising it? Were you in the queue behind me every time and made a note of this, or do you perhaps have a network of spies working in all Thai airports? No! That is irrational! Just as to say someone's experience is incorrect is irrational!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

My experience is incorrect is it

Yes.

As I mentioned in every post that I made ...the io will still process your entry. 

There is nothing new with regards boarding pass.

Here is another thread if you can be willing to learn.

I recommend all travellers to thailand and other destinations to retain their boarding pass to show immigration on arrival. 

Ignore time now. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

As I mentioned in every post that I made ...the io will still process your entry. 

There is nothing new with regards boarding pass.

Here is another thread if you can be willing to learn.

I recommend all travellers to thailand and other destinations to retain their boarding pass to show immigration on arrival. 

Ignore time now. 

I never denied that it was a requirement, just that I have never been asked for it, just as many other posters stated was their experience in posts (below) for the links you yourself just provided, if you took the trouble to read them! Are all their experiences incorrect too? ????.

Instead of denying reality, Jack needs to take his tunnel-vision blinkers off and, like many Thai immigration officers, learn some Respect!

On 2/20/2020 at 4:37 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've never been asked at the Immigration kiosks to show my boarding pass when arriving into Thailand via an international flight, including my most recent arrival to Swampy in December.

Expand  

Neither have I. I’ve also never been asked to show 20,000 baht, I’ve never been asked if I’m working in Thailand or what my purpose is here. 

I’ve never been checked by customs in Bangkok, never had my booze limit checked etc... 

But, these are still requirements - the boarding pass one is new to me, but may be an existing requirement that few IO’s bother with. 

Peterw42

• Hansum, slim and look same young man, member
  • Peterw42
  • Advanced Member
  • 9526 posts

I usually hang on to boarding pass, at least until I have my bags, as it got reference numbers for your cargo baggage.

Never had immigration ask for it

Edited by SunsetT

8 hours ago, SportRider said:

I do this trick a lot, but have never been asked to go back to the other hall.

The guy who tries it on in the queue always sent back. For Fast Track must show evidence of BC ticket, or fall into one of the exemption categories. In the past, airlines would hand out a Fast Track coupon to BC passengers.

Edited by SheungWan

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A bit like the TM6. Given at land borders, not for flight arrivals. I recently came in by a land border, was surpised to receive the TM6, and dutifully filled in the departure part which was just handed back to me at the airport yesterday.

Poviding a boarding pass with your passport has been a requirement of entry for several years.