Where can I find North of Thailand (Chiang Mai) numbers for covid-19?

cubism001

I'm returning in a month, & see that the king & queen among others have tested positive for covid.  In 2020 there were many rules about coming from BKK & getting a hotel, etc., so I want to be prepared.  Not an hysterical reaction. Where would I find statistics for the north of Thailand like before.  Hope you can help.  Thanks!

59 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

I'm returning in a month, & see that the king & queen among others have tested positive for covid.  In 2020 there were many rules about coming from BKK & getting a hotel, etc., so I want to be prepared.  Not an hysterical reaction. Where would I find statistics for the north of Thailand like before.  Hope you can help.  Thanks!

You're wasting your time even looking. 70% of Thais had been infected with covid back in September:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/virologist-claims-70-percent-of-thais-may-have-been-infected-with-covid-19/

The official figures are now totally meaningless but you can rest assured there will be no more rules or lockdowns or anthing because covid is endemic and there's widespread recognition that we all just have to learn to live with it. This sentiment is likely to increase when their majesties make a swift recovery from their mild symptoms.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

You're wasting your time even looking. 70% of Thais had been infected with covid back in September:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/virologist-claims-70-percent-of-thais-may-have-been-infected-with-covid-19/

The official figures are now totally meaningless but you can rest assured there will be no more rules or lockdowns or anthing because covid is endemic and there's widespread recognition that we all just have to learn to live with it. This sentiment is likely to increase when their majesties make a swift recovery from their mild symptoms.

70% had not been infected as you say, they may have been Infected. Did you even read your link...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

70% had not been infected as you say, they may have been Infected. Did you even read your link...

Of course it's a 'may'. This is the normal, cautious language of a scientist. The only way they would know for sure is if they tested everyone, which is never going to happen. But Dr. Yong Poovorawan's estimate, based on blood tests of a sample of the population, is approximately 70% had been infected at the time of his study.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rwill said:

I was in Chiang Mai for a couple of weeks last month.  Just to let you know it was extremely rare to see a foreigner wearing a mask anywhere.

There are still lots of locals wearing them though.  

That is also typical of everywhere I have traveled in Thailand in the last year or so.

• Thanks 1

there would be more cases in large cities, like bkk and chiang mai, but they are now in low numbers.

I think total for thailand is some 500 cases per week.

Health risk in chiang mai would be higher from smog than covid.

There are not whatsoever any travel restrictions within the country or on entry.

Do practise social distancing as much as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just did a 4 day trip to Krabi, Koh phi phi.   My estimate based on severe raspy coughing is that 10% of tourists have COVID.   Most foreigners do not wear masks, on the airplane, ferry, or out at night.   The pool party was well attended.   Maybe you get sinus drainage, sore throat, mild fever, and that cough lasting more than 1 week.  Worse thing is loss of taste and smell and you hope that goes away in under 2 months.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Elkski said:

Just did a 4 day trip to Krabi, Koh phi phi.   My estimate based on severe raspy coughing is that 10% of tourists have COVID.   Most foreigners do not wear masks, on the airplane, ferry, or out at night.   The pool party was well attended.   Maybe you get sinus drainage, sore throat, mild fever, and that cough lasting more than 1 week.  Worse thing is loss of taste and smell and you hope that goes away in under 2 months.  

What I have seen was even more than 10%

And some of them get actually quite sick, lying in their hotel bed for a week or two or three.

Foreigners don't do masks,  hand washing or ATK

• Thanks 1

There are no reliable data on total mumber of COVID infections. Only on number of hospitalizations which is quite a different matter. 

COVID is now treated an an endemic disease and no effort made to  identify or report all cased. Only to monitor situation in hospitals. Admissions yhrre sre tiding but so far nothing like prior years.

Completely differrnt situation from 2020. No special rules on entering or getting a hotel room etc.

Lots of COVID everywhere in the country. Pretty much everyone gets it now. But usually mold. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...