Musk sets up Twitter poll asking if he should step down as head

webfact

38 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

someone on this website giving business advice to Elon Musk is ridiculous since he has clearly been very successful indeed in business

It seems you think Musk does everything right all the time.

Then why does he U-turn all the time with his decisions about Twitter? 

Obviously Musk has a brain. Maybe he should use it instead of shooting from the hip and then changing things a day later and then shooting from the hip again.

And even a very smart guy will have huge difficulties behaving as if the management of a couple of billion-dollar companies is a part time job. There is a reason why Tesla is 50% down since he bought Twitter.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

After building the company up from pretty much nothing and selling the shares for 175 Million a couple of years later.

Not a bad little venture.

He was a co founder until he got sacked. Sure he made money there's no doubting that but it was not his venture alone by far.

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you think Musk does everything right all the time.

Then why does he U-turn all the time with his decisions about Twitter? 

Obviously Musk has a brain. Maybe he should use it instead of shooting from the hip and then changing things a day later and then shooting from the hip again.

And even a very smart guy will have huge difficulties behaving as if the management of a couple of billion-dollar companies is a part time job. There is a reason why Tesla is 50% down since he bought Twitter.

No, I don't think he does everything right all the time, that is a straw man.

But if you look at his record of building businesses and making money, even the haters would have to accept he has been very successful. Of course people make mistakes, even very successful businessmen - but if you look at his track record over mutliple decades he gets more right than he gets wrong.

Hence, I don't believe Aseannow members have a lot to offer him in terms of business advice.

Personally I think he is a narcissist and possibly has some other mental health issues. I'd hate to work for him. But his success is undeniable.

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He was a co founder until he got sacked. Sure he made money there's no doubting that but it was not his venture alone by far.

Continue to talk down his achievements if it makes you feel happier.

His record in business is there for all to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Maybe he was interviewing Jared for the position at the WC final?

elon and jared world cup.jpg

Apparently the Saudi's also asked him to get a new CEO, we know one of Twitters major shareholders is a Saudi. Its notable that the poll started after he left the match.

"Just overheard Elon Musk discussing investment opportunities from the Amir of Qatar @TamimBinHamad & other Saudi Royals for his businesses, specifically Twitter,but from their body language & diplomatic response, it didn’t seem very positive. They asked him to find a suitable CEO"

https://twitter.com/iamraisini/status/1604619857257025537

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Stating facts and putting things in context that fanboys seem to think is talking down.............

• Like 1

Hey maybe he can come up with some imaginary tokens or trading cards or ? and sell them to all the musk fanboys....maybe even get them to change the name from ponzi to musk schemes and go down in history as the king of cons...of course that would not sit well with the real king of cons so then they could come up with some sort of web smackdown and charge big bucks to see them pour ketchup on each other......there seem to be no shortage of idiots who worship people who distribute kool aide.

9 minutes ago, Misty said:

No doubt you are already advising him

Well, I voted in the Twitter poll, but I'd really call that offering my opinion rather than advising.

It's really great over on Twitter now that it's no longer a ultra censorious Left Wing echo chamber. Obviously that doesn't please everyone, as this thread proves.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No, I don't think he does everything right all the time, that is a straw man.

But if you look at his record of building businesses and making money, even the haters would have to accept he has been very successful. Of course people make mistakes, even very successful businessmen - but if you look at his track record over mutliple decades he gets more right than he gets wrong.

Hence, I don't believe Aseannow members have a lot to offer him in terms of business advice.

Personally I think he is a narcissist and possibly has some other mental health issues. I'd hate to work for him. But his success is undeniable.

Yes, long term, at least until recently, he knew how to be successful and make a ton of money.

Obviously he doesn't care about advice from this form. But it seems sometimes he doesn't listen to any advice.

I am sure more than one person told him to take it easy and maybe wait a little and think twice. I am also pretty sure that would be in 101 of how to run a business.

I find it sad to see that a guy who obviously knows how to run a business successfully f@$ up so badly.  

26 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well, I voted in the Twitter poll, but I'd really call that offering my opinion rather than advising.

It's really great over on Twitter now that it's no longer a ultra censorious Left Wing echo chamber. Obviously that doesn't please everyone, as this thread proves.

Really?

Twitter's algorithm favours right-leaning politics, research finds

Twitter amplifies tweets from right-leaning political parties and news outlets more than from the left, its own research suggests.

The social-media giant said it made the discovery while exploring how its algorithm recommends political content to users.

But it admitted it did not know why, saying that was a "more difficult question to answer".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59011271

Here's the original paper

https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com/content/dam/blog-twitter/official/en_us/company/2021/rml/Algorithmic-Amplification-of-Politics-on-Twitter.pdf

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I just voted with less than 4 hours .

no43

yes 57

I hope he installs somebody else who enjoys similar views

47 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It was also definitely a brilliant move to pay a way overvalued price for Twitter. And the offer to waive due diligence to buy Twitter was sheer genius. And we know how scintillating it was because Musk spent months trying to wriggle out of the deal. Always a sign that a mistake hasn't been made.  But Twitter management wasn't in the least impressed by his bluster and threats of a lawsuit. The upshot? Musk surrendered 100%. He lost big time. He had to pay the price he offered and not a penny less. And now he's alienating not just members of Twitter, but potential buyers of his autos. 

Tesla approval ratings drop amid Twitter takeover, survey finds

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2022/12/13/23506196/tesla-approval-ratings-drop

Tesla approval ratings fell sharply among Democrats but did rise a bit among Republicans. So it really doesn't matter that those global warming denying internal combustion engine loving liberals wouldn't buy Teslas as long as even more woke Republicans will be purchasing its vehicles...oh wait a minute...

It looks like it's not just Twitter that's going to pay for his thin skin but Tesla as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I'm guessing Musk's hand picked new CEO will trigger them even worse. Much speculation it will be Jared Kushner which would be a genius move for many reasons - one being to flush out anti-semites. No flies on Musk, indeed!

Flushing out anti-semites? OK, genius move*. What other reasons would make this a "genius move"?

*Irony alert

• Like 1

I'm guessing Musk's hand picked new CEO will trigger them even worse. Much speculation it will be Jared Kushner which would be a genius move for many reasons - one being to flush out anti-semites. No flies on Musk, indeed!

Mort Sahl once said of a politically controversial actress: "It's possible to dislike her for herself."

No need to invoke anti-Semitism to explain why a lowlife like Kushner isn't beloved.

Are anti-Semitic posts currently allowed on Twitter? I thought the 'left-leaning' censorship took care of it already.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I think he has planned to step down from Twitter and put up this carefully crafted marketing ploy to be seen as congenial to the public. He know full that the public sentiment is negatively against him. He simply can't manage well all the companies spread out throughout the world. Simply put he has bitten more than he can chew. Tesla is floundering and he still have startup Neuralink and his tunneling firm to manage. He is stretching himself thin and he now knows it. 

By getting involved with Twitter and idiotically managing to paint himself into a corner resulting in the forced takeover he's stepped in it big time and he knows this full well.

This is his lame attempt at extracting himself from the daily running of Twitter so that less of the blame falls on him when it tanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Fell for what exactly? What would be his point?

Apparently to attract all his haters to Twitter so they can vote.

That means one of two things; he either wants to lose the vote or he has the emotional maturity of a petulant child (now who does that remind me of????).

Either option should worry investors in his companies.

• Like 1