Musk sets up Twitter poll asking if he should step down as head

webfact

49 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

don't feed....

Well, there are 2 kinds of trolls. There's the pure kind, who just makes comments to incite antagonism. Like "Russia is going to win" without offering any evidence. The second kind of troll really does believe in stuff and will offer evidence - usually false - and will mix antagonizing insults with the falsities that are offered. That kind I sometimes engage in because it's fun to show that their evidence is fake and their assumptions and reasoning are often self-contradictory. They generally display an extraordinary ability to evaporate when their arguments and evidence are exposed for being the nonsense that they are.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, there are 2 kinds of trolls. There's the pure kind, who just makes comments to incite antagonism. Like "Russia is going to win" without offering any evidence. The second kind of troll really does believe in stuff and will offer evidence - usually false - and will mix antagonizing insults with the falsities that are offered. That kind I sometimes engage in because it's fun to show that their evidence is fake and their assumptions and reasoning are often self-contradictory. They generally display an extraordinary ability to evaporate when their arguments and evidence are exposed for being the nonsense that they are.

Do you think they care? Like I said, you have too much time on your hands.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think you were right, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Coming soon. Everyone who voted yes gets banned from Twitter. 

In fact, I can't see why they haven't just left already.  Leave it to the Musk Rats.

I'm waiting for the grand slam, where in a single edict he banishes millions at a time.  Failing his way to success, whatever the hell he defines it at. 

Keep an eye on the investor uprising brewing at the car company.

Hey, this is one instance where you can tell someone to "go back to Africa" and not be called a racist.  :biggrin:

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Twitter owner promises to abide by the results of the poll, less than two months after appointing himself CEO

Should stick to Space-X and his other side-lines like building cars, boring tunnels and the like.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

Is that also how you measure the value of the people in your life?

Of course not ????.

It's possible to separate someone's success in business and their other attributes. However, we were discussing his business acumen, not his altruism, loyalty, warmth or humour. I would have thought that was pretty obvious but I guess it needs spelling out to those with a certain level of intellect or indeed those intent on creating a false narrative ????.

Nice try though. 8/10.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When did he state that ?

More than half of 17.5 million users who responded to a poll that asked whether billionaire Elon Musk should step down as head of Twitter voted yes when the poll closed on Monday.

There was no immediate announcement from Twitter, or Musk, about whether that would happen, though he said that he would abide by the results.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/19/1144071661/twitter-musk-poll-ceo

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There was no immediate announcement from Twitter, or Musk, about whether that would happen, though he said that he would abide by the results.

All bets are off. No major announcements by Musk yet, latest tweet a couple of hours ago, changing the rules on the fly because he lost. Lets call it a poll tax........lol

image.png.0a8d52d93ba7fb36636067a6771dad2f.png

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604985324505030658

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

All bets are off. No major announcements by Musk yet, latest tweet a couple of hours ago, changing the rules on the fly because he lost. Lets call it a poll tax........lol

I'm not really sure they knew what they were voting for. Nobody voted for a worse head of Twitter. Some people didn't even vote. They should probably re-run the vote, call it the BluePeople's vote or something? ????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I'm not really sure they knew what they were voting for. Nobody voted for a worse head of Twitter. Some people didn't even vote. They should probably re-run the vote, call it the BluePeople's vote or something? ????

The Poll was pretty clear, not sure how anybody could think otherwise:

"Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll." Yes or No

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just a different twist on Stop the Steal.  Vote suppression at it's worst.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I just found it amusing that some of the people demanding Musk honour the poll, were also the same people arguing against honouring the Brexit vote.

Still, hypocrisy and double standards are not exactly rare in these threads.

They've been calling for a redo once the aftermath proved to be a fiasco.

With Musk in charge, the fiasco is already here.

In both instances, there's a very strong case to be made for change.

Tesla gets downgraded on Wall Street over Elon Musk’s Twitter antics, banning of journalists

Elon Musk’s management of Twitter, including the banning of multiple journalists, has “severely damaged” market sentiment around Tesla, and risks sparking a backlash from advertisers and consumers, a Wall Street analyst warned on Monday.

Oppenheimer & Co. downgraded its rating on Tesla, where Musk is the CEO, solely because of risks posed by the billionaire’s ownership and management of Twitter.

“We believe Mr. Musk is increasingly isolated as the steward of Twitter’s finances with his user management on the platform, we see potential for a negative feedback loop from departure of Twitter advertisers and users,” Oppenheimer analyst Colin Rusch wrote to clients.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/19/business/tesla-stock-downgrade/index.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I laugh when the usual suspects supported going to the courts to force Twitter to allow hate speech, anti vax BS and incitement to violence. Now they have hit reverse and are championing his right to ban anyone on a whim. Just hypocritical. They far right can't keep their ducks in a row because they put politics ahead of common sense and any kind of consistent principles.

For them, the #1 priority is "owning the libs". So, any action that they believe accomplishes that is, to their way of thinking, justified. 

• Like 2