No charges against Thaksin or Yingluck over controversial G-to-G rice deals

webfact

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if it will be a 3-some soon, younger daughter is starting to flex her wings.

She'll be the next target of the military.

Expect her to be banned from any and every political participation before long. 

it's what they do to any real viable opposition. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I find the whole thing puzzling as I didn't follow it in much detail.

Did a court find that Thaksin and Yingluck both signed the deal by their own hand knowing it was corrupt or did commerce minister Boonsong sign it and they were held responsible?

Is it possible that two prime ministers signed the same deal?

It reminds me of the American TV comedy Soap and the catchphrase "Confused? You will be..."

6 hours ago, Purdey said:

I find the whole thing puzzling as I didn't follow it in much detail.

Did a court find that Thaksin and Yingluck both signed the deal by their own hand knowing it was corrupt or did commerce minister Boonsong sign it and they were held responsible?

Is it possible that two prime ministers signed the same deal?

It reminds me of the American TV comedy Soap and the catchphrase "Confused? You will be..."

Neither of them signed but Yingluck was president of the Rice Commission and therefore responsible for policy including the corrupt G2G deals. Boonsong was alleged to have been pressured by Thaksin to sign off on the deal and then only given a paltry sum for this. So he was probably willing to spill the beans on Thaksin in exchange for a further reduction in sentence but that plan seems to have fallen apart. 

Also bear in mind that the appeal court reversed confiscation of about 30 million of Thaksin's assets last year. Both rulings are convenient in view of the next election, specially handing Thaksin a huge windfall to use for vote buying and electioneering.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Neither of them signed but Yingluck was president of the Rice Commission and therefore responsible for policy including the corrupt G2G deals. Boonsong was alleged to have been pressured by Thaksin to sign off on the deal and then only given a paltry sum for this. So he was probably willing to spill the beans on Thaksin in exchange for a further reduction in sentence but that plan seems to have fallen apart. 

Also bear in mind that the appeal court reversed confiscation of about 30 million of Thaksin's assets last year. Both rulings are convenient in view of the next election, specially handing Thaksin a huge windfall to use for vote buying and electioneering.

Ridiculous and incorrect.

Nothing to do with your but, but Thaksin nonsense and everything to do with this post 2014 coup reality given in a respected international news magazine:

The Shinawatras managed to challenge this entrenched power structure and may again make a comeback when elections are held.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Thanks.