UK pension life certificate - where do you get yours signed in Chiang Mai?

nglodnig

• 1 year later...

I'm desperate to get authorisation of my date of birth - no actual records from the UK except for date of birth on passport - the UK Pensions Authority is trying everything it can to make things difficult or almost impossible. I'm applying for a widow's pension - but don't have an official birth certificate as I was UK-born in March  2044 whilst these were not issued until after World War 2 had officially ended. My husband died here a few years ago but I didn't ask for a pension until recently.

The Brit pension lot based in Wolverhampton are being very obstructive and obviously have no intention of paying out - even although I'd satisfied its requirements - sent a large brown envelope containing my expired passport with it's clearly shown birth date as well as photos showing me holding the thing up for identification. I sent the package via  DHL - would you believe this - it then got 'lost' and has not been seen since...in spite of successful tracking details, delivery to correct address etc. 

Any hints on how or where to go right now would be hugely appreciated as I'm now in poor health and have no teeth in my lower jaw!!!!!!

Thanks for this - all this is driving me up several walls....certain I didn't even get a birth certificate as I was born the year before WW2 ended...and also was adopted by the girl who lived next door!!!! I  believe, according to my 'mum' - my father was a US serviceman based at Northolt Airport - close by to our home!