Shoppers’ Rebates, Property Tax Cut as New Year Gifts

snoop1130

1671524693_738817-tnamcot-768x364.jpeg

BANGKOK, Dec 20 (TNA) – The cabinet approved its “2023 New Year Gifts” as proposed by the Finance Ministry and they include rebates for shoppers and reduction in property tax and transfer fees.

Deputy government spokeswoman Rachada Dhnadirek said that people who make purchases between Jan 1 and Feb 15, 2023, can receive personal income tax rebates worth up to 40,000 baht.

The rebate measure should have about 56 billion baht circulated in the economic system, the spokeswoman said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1079813

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

8.1  million Thais are poor, 4,4 million below poverty..... Whay do they have for benefot of this shoppers rebate?? Could the Government do nothing for hem? 8.1 who will have more money will spend more what is good for the economy instead of benefits for the wealthy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

8.1  million Thais are poor, 4,4 million below poverty..... Whay do they have for benefot of this shoppers rebate?? Could the Government do nothing for hem? 8.1 who will have more money will spend more what is good for the economy instead of benefits for the wealthy

Who to help, those who pay tax into the system or those who don't.....it's an easy answer.

16 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Every year they announce these "gifts" from the benevolent leaders that are actually paid for by the taxpayer. I have no opinion on whether these measures are wise or not, but please stop calling them "gifts".... 

If they are not gifts, what are they?

34 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Who to help, those who pay tax into the system or those who don't.....it's an easy answer.

So no help for the oppressed underpaid workers who don't pay taxes because they do not make enough?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Nope.

It is an endemic problem and why the impoverished starve and recieve nothing from the government. I know a few who can not get the medical care needed as they are not registered even in a housebook somewhere.

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is an endemic problem and why the impoverished starve and recieve nothing from the government. I know a few who can not get the medical care needed as they are not registered even in a housebook somewhere.

Nobody starves in Thailand, the informal social system, temples and the culture ensures that doesn't happen.

No you don't! No Thai is unable to get medical treatment in Thailand, every hospital is required to treat all patients or refer them to another center for treatment.

Quit trying to champion a cause you appear to understand little about and can only use rhetoric as your supportive evidence. Your agenda appears to be bashing government and using the real and imaginary poor as a vehicle to do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

The poor can't pay taxes..... and those who pays have a good income already

Indeed the poor cannot pay taxes but that's really not the issue, as anyone who has lived here for any time will know.

Anyone who owns a house here and has employed local people to make repairs, work in the house or garden will know that the cash in hand market is huge and that it's seriously lucrative. I know lots of tradespeople who make serious money every year and I'm certain none of them are even registered for tax, ditto maids etc. That segment of the population that works for  themselves, cash in hand, is massive, it's easily the majority, these are the people who statistically are poor or unemployed.

As for your statement about those who do pay tax have a good income already: less than 5% of all tax payers pay tax, because they don't meet the tax threshold for earnings.

1 minute ago, nigelforbes said:

Indeed the poor cannot pay taxes but that's really not the issue, as anyone who has lived here for any time will know.

Anyone who owns a house here and has employed local people to make repairs, work in the house or garden will know that the cash in hand market is huge and that it's seriously lucrative. I know lots of tradespeople who make serious money every year and I'm certain none of them are even registered for tax, ditto maids etc. That segment of the population that works for  themselves, cash in hand, is massive, it's easily the majority, these are the people who statistically are poor or unemployed.

As for your statement about those who do pay tax have a good income already: less than 5% of all tax payers pay tax, because they don't meet the tax threshold for earnings.

I know, but there no control system.. People can buy and live luxury with no tax payments, because the revnue department has no clue where the money comes from.... If a persons earns  30 k a month he can't have a luxury car with a loan and own house of afe millions with a mortgage .... that person must have extra income, because how can he live if he paid his bills?

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I know, but there no control system.. People can buy and live luxury with no tax payments, because the revnue department has no clue where the money comes from.... If a persons earns  30 k a month he can't have a luxury car with a loan and own house of afe millions with a mortgage .... that person must have extra income, because how can he live if he paid his bills?

Those controls are slowly being introduced, Money Laundering laws at banks is a start but it's a slow process here because so much is broken.

29 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Nobody starves in Thailand, the informal social system, temples and the culture ensures that doesn't happen.

No you don't! No Thai is unable to get medical treatment in Thailand, every hospital is required to treat all patients or refer them to another center for treatment.

Quit trying to champion a cause you appear to understand little about and can only use rhetoric as your supportive evidence. Your agenda appears to be bashing government and using the real and imaginary poor as a vehicle to do that.

The real poor is who we have adopted throughout the last 3 years. Those who lost jobs because of closures, whose stores went under etc....and yet received nothing from this government. I have lived here long enough, through a coup, then a legitimate government, another coup, and then another short lived government, and tbis current coup led government. The only time the disenfranchised were given a chance to grow was during a former leader who was removed by a coup while he was gone from the country.  The last 3 pandemic years has created a system where the poor are shunted to the Fringes and pretty much given lip service.  Go ahead and belief what you want but having g been married to the daughter of a Phu Yai Ban and having family members in the military and RTP I have seen it from one end of the spectrum to the other. Go visit some of the small side sois in BKK and then the smaller impoverished villages in the outer provinces and tell me after stopping and visiting how much help this and specifically this government has given them.  Power is not something they can do without yet many barely use it because of cost.

I looked at the article but it didn't give any more info. I'm going to be purchasing land mid January; I wonder how much I'm saving when I split the tax 50/50 with the seller...

Edit: found another article with all the details. For me:

Measures to reduce the registration fee for housing rights and juristic acts in 2023 by reducing the registration fee for transferring real estate from 2 percent to 1 percent and reducing the registration fee for real estate mortgages from 1 percent to 0.01 percent for trading at Residential, including single houses, twin houses, row houses, commercial buildings, and condominiums (both first-hand and second-hand houses), only with the purchase price and the appraisal price not exceeding 3 million baht and the mortgage amount not exceeding 3 million baht per contract.

Edited by H508
Update

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

If they are not gifts, what are they?

Political "bribes" in preparation for the next election. Giving the electorate "gifts" ahead of natiobal elections, referendums, Parliament no-confidence voting, etc. has been in my opinion a hallmark of the Prayut regime.

PS: PM Prayut is running for re-election.

54 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Political "bribes" in preparation for the next election. Giving the electorate "gifts" ahead of natiobal elections, referendums, Parliament no-confidence voting, etc. has been in my opinion a hallmark of the Prayut regime.

PS: PM Prayut is running for re-election.

Only in your conspiracy theory mind is that true, lots of governments in lots of countries gave hand outs to citizens on humanitarian grounds, Thailand was no different.

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

Only in your conspiracy theory mind is that true, lots of governments in lots of countries gave hand outs to citizens on humanitarian grounds, Thailand was no different.

Not all got those handouts as I stayed earlier. Those without bank accounts or a job listed were denied....this I know as we adopted 3 families almost 3 years ago now to assist them....