4 AM Closing Time for Nightspots in Tourism Areas Postponed Indefinitely

snoop1130

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

@Harsh Jones JESUS!! You sound like a barrel of laughs i bet you've never partied in your life.  anyway each to their own i say, shame you can't.  cuz what harm is it doing you exactly? that people want to stay out till after 2am.  

Hogwash. I first went to Thailand in 2006 as a 22 year old. Just as the coup hit. The first few times with friends. We stayed up literally all night. There was 2 big clubs on WS at the time. I believe it was Lucifers and then there was another place with a small upstairs. I remember leaving in the bright morning sun. And realizing how stupid it was.

But thats just my opinion. As I said, everyones body is different. Some ppl can stay up all night and make a proper recovery by noon. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You guys make a horrendous noise being out at 4 AM drinking , having noisy arguments and fights out on the streets , getting noisy tuk-tuks home which can be heard 500 meters away and then getting home at 6 AM and banging around your room and waking everyone up

Don't judge. Some people thrive at these hours ????

On 12/21/2022 at 1:02 AM, jacko45k said:

What nonsense... you think a couple in their 30 s with small children are interested in that, or a guy in his 50s wants to listen to rap, hip-hop or whatever the latest no-talent, so called racket that is being pumped out at 3am....  you have no idea. 

theres a distinct lack of couple of couples in their 30s with small children in pattaya mate have a walk round and let me know how many you see

For there to be any value or help from your thoughts, some basic info is needed.

Are you a tourist and talking about partying or visiting club?

Do you live and work the next day and are out for a drink or dancing?

Do you work mostly during the day or night?

My thoughts are maybe they should allow 4 am closing on select nights Saturday and on some Holidays.

Otherwise it would be allowed with special permit, inspections, and noise abatement insulation if the club is a certain distance from homes or hotels

If 2am is the new normal then clubs and people will adapt and bars and clubs will still be fun at times.  Maybe you just see less really drunk people entertaining you.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cookie1974 said:

theres a distinct lack of couple of couples in their 30s with small children in pattaya mate have a walk round and let me know how many you see

Yes, had  a walk round the beach and the Mall... loads of them... and just wait until next weekend.....try leaving soi Pothole... I assure you it is quite safe!

22 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Hogwash. I first went to Thailand in 2006 as a 22 year old. Just as the coup hit. The first few times with friends. We stayed up literally all night. There was 2 big clubs on WS at the time. I believe it was Lucifers and then there was another place with a small upstairs. I remember leaving in the bright morning sun. And realizing how stupid it was.

But thats just my opinion. As I said, everyones body is different. Some ppl can stay up all night and make a proper recovery by noon. 

@Harsh Jones Ah ok. just a case of old before your time.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:07 AM, Cake Monster said:

At last !

Common sense prevails !

4 AM drinking time for Tourists may good, but for the Locals it would have meant even more carnage on the Roads early in the Mornings, more accidents at Work, and a Workforce for the Employers that would have been even less productive than they are now, through absenteeism, and general poor performance. 

I don't think 2 hours will make much difference to road accidents and workplace accidents. Keeping drunk drivers off the road is really a policing issue.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:13 PM, paulikens said:

@Mac Mickmanus shows how old you are by calling it a disco!  Oldest guy in the club at 51 in Thailand, far from it.   and who said i was in a club?   plenty of bars still open at 4am+

I should apologize too for calling it a disco. I should have used the term "nightclub" as that is what they were called in my young stupid years when I used to go to them, in the 1980's. I suppose "disco" is very 1970s. "Club" on its own is too general. The "clubs" in Walking Street would more aptly be named "torture chambers", so high are the decibels. You'll hurt your ears even when wearing earplugs. 

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, Elkski said:

What % of tourists want to party past 2 am.?  I would guess 10% or less

Agree, most tourists want to enjoy the daylight, it is the expats who are wingeing. The dedicated sex tourists do exist, but they are a small proportion of the masses who a mislead to come to Thighland.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I don't think 2 hours will make much difference to road accidents and workplace accidents. Keeping drunk drivers off the road is really a policing issue.

I think 2 hours of drinking potentially 365 times a year might have a negative impact.....

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2022 at 12:27 AM, jacko45k said:

And not every tourist is a 22 year old from the West, The majority are Malaysians, followed by Indians and Russians...

Anyhow, not sure why we need a rule change, the 2am closing time is mostly ignored anyhow.

didnt realise russians,malaysians and indians went to bed early forgive my ignorance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cookie1974 said:

didnt realise russians,malaysians and indians went to bed early forgive my ignorance

You are forgiven... but your ignorance goes further. Malaysians get up early to pray, so like to retire early.....Indians and Russians can't afford to stay out late in clubs!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1