Zelensky to visit Washington

Social Media

5 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Ever heard about spin?

(perhaps you should advise Frau Merkel to deny the nonsense she told to world)   

Ever heard about spin? That’s rich, coming from you.
(perhaps you should advise Herr Putin to deny the nonsense he told the world)

• Like 2

Zelensky was very impressive in D.C. 

A great example of how one man can change the world.

Also very humble for a man of the year.

Hold your horses on the snipes.

Nobody is saying he's perfect or a saint but if he manages to win some kind of lasting victory for Ukraine he'll be their George Washington.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I saw Biden greeting him and when Biden started with the touchy touchy arms around stuff he was obviously uncomfortable. However, given he wants what the US has, he obviously wasn't going to complain about it.

Can't say I blame him for feeling uncomfortable though, as it's not what one expects from a president.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I saw Biden greeting him and when Biden started with the touchy touchy arms around stuff he was obviously uncomfortable. However, given he wants what the US has, he obviously wasn't going to complain about it.

Can't say I blame him for feeling uncomfortable though, as it's not what one expects from a president.

Another body language expert. It's odd how their readings support their previously stated positions on the issue? Anyway, thank you for sharing with us your expertise.

• Haha 1

It was a pretty impressive speech, in English and him and his speechwriters targeted it very well above Congress and directly to the American people.

The whole strategy may well end up mimicking Reagans cold war, where he figured, rightly as it turns out, the West could outspend the USSR and ultimately win.

Problem is we thought that was the endgame and that Russia would end up looking like us.

We never figured on a Putin, so here we go again, albeit in a proxy war in Ukraine!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Another body language expert. It's odd how their readings support their previously stated positions on the issue? Anyway, thank you for sharing with us your expertise.

It’s astonishing, isn’t it, how some people can pinpoint the tiniest flaws and shortcomings in Dems, and are completely blind to (or choose to ignore) the much larger and much more disturbing flaws and shortcomings in Republicans. Talk about your double standard.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1