More refreshing (and surprising) honesty from mainstream media.

248900_1469958220

14 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Lots of perpetrators know that the game is now up and are trying to rewrite history to pretend they were always against lockdowns, suppression and mandated vaccinations.

Those who can't claim that because their fingerprints are too obvious will peddle the line that they had been "acting in our best interests all along."

Just like in 1946 when every French person claimed to have been in the Resistance.

Indeed, and a lot of this forum's users are going to become strangely silent, all of a sudden.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Which forum rule is that ?

There is an option to post in bold in the reply box

Is it against forum rules to use that option ?

To be found at the bottom of rules under  Standards of Conduct:

5. Do not post text with all capital letters or with over-sized fonts, bold fonts, non-standard fonts, colored fonts or unusually large emojis. Do not use emojis or any other form of graphics in the title of your poll or topic.

• Like 2

i think the excellent remark I made about seeking relevance will be understood by all .    No need to go into any more details as another poster had a great response already.

Edited by rumak

Dr Phelps now getting online abuse and hate speech directed at her

"Other anti-vaxxers flooded social media using Dr Phelps' submission as evidence they were right to refuse the jab, and attacked her for pushing the vaccine throughout the pandemic."

Anti-vaxxers gloat that Kerryn Phelps and her wife suffering horrific Covid vaccine side effects means their wacky conspiracies were RIGHT - as they make chilling claims about the jab

Anti-vaxxers have quickly hijacked Dr Kerryn Phelp's revelation that she and her wife suffered serious Covid vaccine side effects.

The former head of the Australian Medical Association detailed the debilitating adverse reactions in her submission to a Senate inquiry into long Covid.

However, she still strongly supports Covid vaccination as the benefits far outweighed the risks for the vast majority of people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11560629/Coivd-anti-vaxxers-hijack-Kerryn-Phelps-Pfizer-jab-injury-story.html

I would suggest if anyone wants the context to the media reports then they read her full submission which was made as a private individual to the senate, not under her authority of her position. That does not make it any less credible however but for those that want to read what she actually said, the full 18 pages then I suggest you do before getting into the anti vaccine rhetoric, because she is not that at all.

The main theme of her submission is dealing with transmission, mismanagement of long covid caused by infection and vaccine along with measures to reduce the continued risk of covid, that includes vaccination but more importantly other health measures.

Some snippets, its a downloadable pdf doc so free to publish and read.

Many of my colleagues and I tried to warn that children would be at risk and that opening schools before mitigation plans such as ventilation improvements in classrooms were in place was an unacceptable risk to teachers and students.

Examples of misinformation in the early days, and some still in circulation include:
“COVID is not airborne”xiii. Wrong.
“Wash your hands to prevent transmission”. Ignored airborne transmission.
“Masks don’t work, in fact they might increase your risk”xiv. Wrong.
“Children under 12 have been proven not to be carriers or transmitters of the
disease”xv Wrong.
“It is necessary and inevitable for everyone to get COVID”xvi. No it isn’t.
“Herd immunity from mass infection is a good idea.”xvii No it isn’t.
“It’s just a cold”. No it is not.
“COVID will evolve to be milder”. There is no evidence to support this.
“COVID is not as bad as the flu”. Yes it is.
“At least I got it over and done with”. No you haven’t.
“Children are sicker this year because of immunity debt”xviii. Immunity debt is a made-up
term to excuse exposing children to a dangerous virus.
“The pandemic will end in 2022”xix. Unlikely.
Daily press conferences by public health officials emphasised that of the people who died,
many had “underlying health issues”, as if that made the premature deaths of those people
any less tragic.

Dr Anthony Fauci labelled Long COVID an “insidious public health emergency for millions of people”vi. I tend to agree

While current COVID vaccines may reduce the risk of developing Long COVID by an estimated 15% (possibly up to 41%). 

The upshot is.. the only way to prevent Long COVID is to not get infected in the first place, or not to get reinfected.

“Personal responsibility” has become a political cop-out and this failed strategy will lead to more and more cases of COVID19, reinfection and Long COVID.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/House/Health_Aged_Care_and_Sport/LongandrepeatedCOVID/Submissions

Doc 510

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rumak said:

The covid narrative,  paid for by big pharma,  has billions of dollars to "subsidize"  studies, endorse politicians . pay off the media. etc.    Is that a conspiracy theory?   Heck,  their marketing wizards even came up with that psychology.   The brave people who speak up are silenced.... but their initial responses are still on record.   I will go with what Ms Phelps said .... before the spin afterwords began.  Not by the anti-vaxxers,  but by the same people who have lied for 3 years .  Her words:

“I have had CT pulmonary angiogram, ECG, blood tests, cardiac echogram, transthoracic cardiac stress echo, Holter monitor, blood pressure monitoring and autonomic testing,” she wrote.

“In my case the injury resulted in dysautonomia with intermittent fevers and cardiovascular implications including breathlessness, inappropriate sinus tachycardia and blood pressure fluctuations.”

Dr. Phelps said both reactions were reported to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) “but never followed up”.

She revealed she had spoken with other doctors “who have themselves experienced a serious and persistent adverse event” but that “vaccine injury is a subject that few in the medical profession have wanted to talk about”.

“Regulators of the medical profession have censored public discussion about adverse events following immunisation, with threats to doctors not to make any public statements about anything that ‘might undermine the Government’s vaccine rollout’ or risk suspension or loss of their registration,” she wrote.

Doesn't sound like she is promoting the vaccine to me.  But ,  threats can do an awful lot to change one's words.  But i for one am not falling for it.  Amazing that people still do .

You obviously did'nt read her full submission. 

8 minutes ago, MichaelHunt said:

would say the odds of a safe vaccine affecting two people in the same family would be vanishingly small.

And I would say the chances of two closely related people having the same reaction to a drug are quite high. It's in their genes. 

In fact back in the UK both of a pals daughters were severely disabled by whooping cough vaccine, which is widely considered as completely safe. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

Maybe it's time you gave it à rest?

Why would you rather be blind to what else she said?

"However, she still strongly supports Covid vaccination as the benefits far outweighed the risks for the vast majority of people."

Edited by Bkk Brian

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Really, he didn't read it either, stop the deflection

You're the one trying to draw attention away from the fact that à top doctor said publicly she was badly injured by the "safe and effective vaccine", that nobody would listen to her or take her seriously and that doctors are pressured into covering up vaccine injury.

Again, just drop it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why would you rather be blind to what else she said?

"However, she still strongly supports Covid vaccination as the benefits far outweighed the risks for the vast majority of people."

Sounds to me like she felt she had to say that. That doesn't make her right.

5 minutes ago, MichaelHunt said:

Sounds to me like she felt she had to say that. That doesn't make her right.

Did she also have to say?

“Herd immunity from mass infection is a good idea.”xvii No it isn’t.
“It’s just a cold”. No it is not.
“COVID will evolve to be milder”. There is no evidence to support this.
“COVID is not as bad as the flu”. Yes it is.
“At least I got it over and done with”. No you haven’t.
“Children are sicker this year because of immunity debt”xviii. Immunity debt is a made-up term to excuse exposing children to a dangerous virus.
“The pandemic will end in 2022”xix. Unlikely.
Daily press conferences by public health officials emphasised that of the people who died, many had “underlying health issues”, as if that made the premature deaths of those people any less tragic.