Thai Navy plans to salvage the sunken HTMS Sukhothai

snoop1130

1061534.jpg

A Royal Thai Navy (RTN) mine sweeper is scheduled to leave port in Samut Prakan Province today (Wednesday), destined for the seas off Bang Saphan district of Prachuap Khiri Khan, to conduct an undersea survey of the sunken HTMS Sukhothai, in preparation for a salvage operation.

Informed naval sources said that Admiral Choengchai Chomchoengpaet, commander-in-chief of the RTN, has ordered the Bang Rachan 631 mine sweeper, equipped with a submersible, to be sent to the site where the HTMS Sukhothai sank. The vessel is due to arrive there tomorrow.

According to the Hydrographic Department, the wind speed at sea, off Bang Saphan district, has reduced from level 3-4 to level 2-3, but it remains to be seen whether the weather conditions will be suitable for the deployment of the submersible.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-navy-plans-to-salvage-the-sunken-htms-sukhothai/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-12-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

13 hours ago, Elkski said:

I was expecting to read a few facts like the depth of the water?   I did read that there were 3-4 generators but when the running one was flooded the remaining backups wouldn't run?   Going to be interesting to see of we get a transparent full report on this big sad mishap.   

We won't.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A Royal Thai Navy (RTN) mine sweeper is scheduled to leave port in Samut Prakan Province today (Wednesday), destined for the seas off Bang Saphan district of Prachuap Khiri Khan, to conduct an undersea survey of the sunken HTMS Sukhothai, in preparation for a salvage operation

Lets find the missing sailors first please.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Elkski said:

I was expecting to read a few facts like the depth of the water?   I did read that there were 3-4 generators but when the running one was flooded the remaining backups wouldn't run?   Going to be interesting to see of we get transparent full report on this big sad mishap.   

Transparent full report -- you must be trying for joker of the year award.

• Like 1