Ukraine war: Zelensky's visit shows neither Ukraine nor US want peace, Russia says

webfact

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Please explain your hashtag.

Reparations will help Ukraine get back to its original economic situation before Russia started on its war crime spree. They will also stop Russia from ever being a threat to world peace again.

Exactly so. Ukraine is going to need a massive rebuilding effort once all is said and done.

As for the hashtag, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAFO_(group). I hope that does not contravene any AN posting guidelines. 

24 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

Here are the victims of the "warm war between the Russia and US

"Since Russia invaded Ukraine on 24 February, the US military estimates that at least 100,000 Russian and 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed or injured, along with some 40,000 civilian deaths.

The UN has recorded 7.8 million people as refugees from Ukraine across Europe, including Russia"

Add to this the US taxpayers who fund the endless wars that subsidize the military-industrial complex.

I wish the US and Russia could be as clever negotiating a peace treaty as they are at composing rhetoric to ensure the conflict continues, for example the endless volley of "severe consequences" both sides bark out.

Ukraine is a pawn in the US - Russian "warm" war. Both Russia and the US share the blame in prolonging the destruction Ukrainian citizens have suffered daily over the last 10 months.

Here are the questions that need to be answered by The US and Russia:

In the early 1990s, didn't the west agree not to extend NATO membership toward Russia after the USSR fell?
Was invading Ukraine Putin's only choice of action in challenging western influence that threatens Russian security or the well being of Russians living in Ukraine or Moldova? Putin got Crimea wasn't that enough?

NATO has taken particular care to make sure Russia can't make that accusation. They have kept troops and missiles far from the border.

• Like 2

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Putin compared himself to Peter the Great in quest to take back all Russia land. His grandeur ambition to to bring Soveit Union back together. Western influence is just his excuse. He has invaded and annexed Georgia and Crimea without much military response and fight back. Ukraine is Europe's last stand to send a strong signal to Putin that his imperialistic ambition will not met unchallenged. 

I think it's a bout time that the US followed the EU lead in declaring Russia a state sponsor of terrorism and draw a line in the sand at attacking civilian infrastructure which is a Geneva Convention war crime. They should also move NATO ships into the Baltic Sea with cruise missiles. Russia will back down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, generealty said:

OK interesting and if true I hold my hands up and say I have read wrong info. good to be corrected sometimes.

The questions, remains, though, who was the source of this information, and why did you believe it?  It's the kind of number that should arouse at least a bit of scepticism. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Most of the money is in military equipment. And no, I refuse to believe it unless you can back up your claims with anything other than right wing allegations. I live in a fact based world.

You misunderstood ! My bad! I should’ve put a question mark .Do you think he is setting aside any funds for his county to rebuild?Nothing nefarious or right  wing about saving money for the country’s future! 

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Do you think Mr Z  is setting a side any , how ever small ,of the billions he already got from the world for rebuilding . Me thinks not.

Not everybody thinks the way that you do, fortunately.

I don't think that he is putting stuff aside.

IMHO it is all going to help both the military and the civilian to be fed and kept warm this winter, due to Putin's attacks on the civilian infrastructure, which is a war crime, for which he should be punished by spending the rest of his natural life in an unheated prison cell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Most of the money is in military equipment. And no, I refuse to believe it unless you can back up your claims with anything other than right wing allegations. I live in a fact based world.

Yes, that's right. But not always in military equipment staying in Ukraine. That's what recently was claimed in UN SC.

And I do not think any right wingers were there present. Mainly the African leaders afraid of those weapons used by insurgents in their countries.