New Year alcohol controls - no selling up to 2 am outside special areas

webfact

23 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Glad I'm in Vietnam,  we have huge street party bbq viet street food , bars / cafe's live bands  Vinhomes district 9 HCMC No mask do what you like up to you wear or not wear , stand or sit walk whatever considering VN non mainstream religious country .. Going to be one big party ! Can't wait for New year ! Let alone Tet to follow merry Xmas all glad lm here VN For NY Apparently going to blast here also friends said Philippines planning big Xmas parties with no interference from Government ! Thailand really WEF Davo groups WHO UN Party pooper like Australia US UK EU Still in covid theatre and renewable scams Merry  Xmas & let's hope Free New year from past 3 years of bs !  life's good in VN

Mick, this is how it should be and how Thailand was

I now get the impression in Thailand that they want millions of tourists to come here and then punnish them with stupid restrictions os soon as they get here, it is quite shocking

their idiotic approach to stop drunks driving is quite frankly bizarre 

why not completely bann vehicles from the roads after midnight - oh that would be stupid wouldn't it................the logic is the same

• Like 2

20 hours ago, digger70 said:

They can make laws for whatever they want/Like, But, But who cares Care factor zero  If people want to drink they Will find a way to Buy/Get the drink/alcohol.

shouldn't have to "find a way" - why should tourists have to dodge and duck down back streets to get a beer after 2am, it is complete nonsense having these restrictions..................and their excuse/logic is even worse

I have absolutely no doubt that these uneducated ##### running this country would completely ban alcohol if they could get away with it, we have a health minister who is basically promoting weed as its replacement because he sees himself making billions from that market 

these restrictions are hurting Thailand - I know for a fact that people who have recently come here for a holiday and have been doing so for years "are not happy" - they didn't realise before coming that 2am was it for their night out - they just did not believe that was possible in Thailand after coming here for years - more and more I am hearing they will be going to Vietnam - Phil - Cambodia etc until Thailand sorts itself out and bins all these restrictions that DID NOT exist the last time they were here 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 6:59 AM, Big Bert said:

Yes I understand, so bars and restaurants cannot sell alcohol 2pm - 5pm is that correct?

In theory. Certainly the big supermarket chains enforce this as do 7-11s. Restaurants not so much. In Pattaya you can get a beer in a bar at almost any hour. Small mom and pop shops sell 24/7 throughout the land. Unfortunately this tends to limit choice to beer and cheapish or dirt cheap " whisky".

On 12/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, Big Bert said:

Zero bars or restaurants take any notice of the 2-5 ban. only 7-11 and supermarkets. It's just very selective enforcement as usual. 

Midnight was never a standard for 50 years. Pattaya's hours have changed so much nobody is really sure when you should close.

We went to Sizzlers yesterday, by the time we got seated and they took out order it was 14:05 ( We were in before 14;00) and they wouldn't serve me a beer with my meal  !!!

It's a ridiculous law !

15 hours ago, Big Bert said:

Na I get out and about everyday just not propping up bars. Have a good Christmas.

Thanks, but I didn't mean out and about in Pattaya. There are many places in Thailand that you will struggle to sit down for a beer in the afternoon, or have any lights on after 10pm.

On 12/25/2022 at 6:01 AM, Pmbkk said:

We went to Sizzlers yesterday, by the time we got seated and they took out order it was 14:05 ( We were in before 14;00) and they wouldn't serve me a beer with my meal  !!!

It's a ridiculous law !

I would have just got up and walked out. If a place is busy enough to have a Sizzlers it will have lots of options near by.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/23/2022 at 2:49 PM, Mad mick said:

Glad I'm in Vietnam,  we have huge street party bbq viet street food , bars / cafe's live bands  Vinhomes district 9 HCMC No mask do what you like up to you wear or not wear , stand or sit walk whatever considering VN non mainstream religious country .. Going to be one big party ! Can't wait for New year ! Let alone Tet to follow merry Xmas all glad lm here VN For NY Apparently going to blast here also friends said Philippines planning big Xmas parties with no interference from Government ! Thailand really WEF Davo groups WHO UN Party pooper like Australia US UK EU Still in covid theatre and renewable scams Merry  Xmas & let's hope Free New year from past 3 years of bs !  life's good in VN

I'd join you if not for ties ..enjoy mate

On 12/23/2022 at 3:29 PM, Big Bert said:

Zero bars or restaurants take any notice of the 2-5 ban. only 7-11 and supermarkets. It's just very selective enforcement as usual. 

Midnight was never a standard for 50 years. Pattaya's hours have changed so much nobody is really sure when you should close.

Correct 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:56 AM, smedly said:

how about police doing their job and actually catching drunk drivers - this country is going backwards

The others get wet blankets because some gits can't hold their drinks while the rozzers can't be bothered to get up from their lard-@rs3s. This place is definitely going backwards - with one forward and six reverse gears.

Edited by outsider

On 12/22/2022 at 9:03 PM, AhFarangJa said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:.............Try looking in almost every village in the Country. Every day, mom and pop shops sell bottles of drink and cigarettes to 6-7-8 year olds who are out shopping for their Father or Grandfather.

Every night, and I mean every night, the local youngsters ride past on their motorbikes to the local kids watering hole where they get stoned on yaba, and lao khao. 

May be an off topic response. 

Your comment reminds me of when my family was living in Germany and my dad sent me to the back of a local beer joint to buy him two bottles of beer.   I stood in line behind other American kids about my age, 12, and watched them buy beer.   I get up to the man selling it and he says, what do you want.  I say, I want to two bottles of beer.  He says, no! I will not sell you beer!

Stunned I walked home and tell my dad the man would not sell me any beer.  Dad says, tell me exactly what you said to him.  Me, "I want two bottles of beer." Dad says go back and tell him, "my dad wants to buy two bottles of beer."  I do and the guy sells me the beer.    Apparently, by saying my dad wants to buy beer means I am just a proxy buyer for my dad  and that the beer is not for me. 

• Haha 1