New Year alcohol controls - no selling up to 2 am outside special areas

webfact

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You ask about the alcohol ban between 2 & 5. Always been that way in the years I have been here.

Yes I ask about the alcohol ban as the only places who do not sell alcohol are supermarkets. Bars and restaurants everywhere openly sell alcohol all afternoon and always have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Citing road safety or child protection as reasons are fatuous.

Do they think people can’t get drunk enough by midnight to be a danger? Those who want to will drink as much as they can before midnight, no problem.

A 'friend' of mine is usually very drunk before 10 most nights, so I don't think she's too concerned with government time limits. Nor is anyone else, actually, except the Anti-Fun Police.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Do you understand English?

Booze sales, as usual 11am to 2pm and then 5pm to midnight. In SOME places bars can sell up to 2am. NO SALES after that.

I don't believe that "English" belongs in any criticism of the comprehensibility  of the OP. It's "Thailish".

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Big Bert said:

Zero bars or restaurants take any notice of the 2-5 ban.

That certainly was the case in rural Northern Thailand where I used to live, especially on Sundays when roast lunches were on the menu. Food served from noon onwards with the bar providing beers and spirits into the evening!

9 hours ago, smedly said:

how about police doing their job and actually catching drunk drivers - this country is going backwards

It already is backwards, especially since 2014 when the unelected PM and his soldiers illegally took over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Bert said:

Zero bars or restaurants take any notice of the 2-5 ban. only 7-11 and supermarkets. It's just very selective enforcement as usual. 

Midnight was never a standard for 50 years. Pattaya's hours have changed so much nobody is really sure when you should close.

Does it not depend on the thickness of the brown envelopes?

5 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Glad I'm in Vietnam,  we have huge street party bbq viet street food , bars / cafe's live bands  Vinhomes district 9 HCMC No mask do what you like up to you wear or not wear , stand or sit walk whatever considering VN non mainstream religious country .. Going to be one big party ! Can't wait for New year ! Let alone Tet to follow merry Xmas all glad lm here VN For NY Apparently going to blast here also friends said Philippines planning big Xmas parties with no interference from Government ! Thailand really WEF Davo groups WHO UN Party pooper like Australia US UK EU Still in covid theatre and renewable scams Merry  Xmas & let's hope Free New year from past 3 years of bs !  life's good in VN

There is no question that the authorities and government here are completely lost in space. When you are bested by a commie regime, you know you have fallen far, and gone backwards. Prayuth. Mr. Backwards movement. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big Bert said:

You copy and paste and miss the point. No one has ever stopped alcohol sales in the afternoons except supermarkets and over many years Pattaya has had so many close times the mind boggles.

I was always under the impression that the ban was to stop kids buying alcohol on the way home from schools but with mom & pop stores that was irrelevant anyway.

The point is I was always under the impression that there were laws, whether they were followed or not.