Will French serial killer “The Serpent” be extradited to Thailand?

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

But no matter how much you rant and rave that’s not what’s happening is it? He’s a free man,deemed to have served his time ,legally beyond Thai extradition (statute of limitations) and thus also free to earn a living even if that is selling his story. His rights won’t be much different from any other released long term offender. But cheer up,he’ll also be entitled to heart surgery as a French citizen! ???? 

I’m neither ranting or raving so stop using such terms to deflect away from the fact that someone can disagree with you and still have a valid point. 

The man is unrepentant scum who has shown no remorse for what he did nor the misery he inflicted upon his victims families. 

He is trying to exploit his victims and profit from what he did.

He is filth. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Missing words from sentence inserted
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

But no matter how much you rant and rave that’s not what’s happening is it? He’s a free man,deemed to have served his time ,legally beyond Thai extradition (statute of limitations) and thus also free to earn a living even if that is selling his story. His rights won’t be much different from any other released long term offender. But cheer up,he’ll also be entitled to heart surgery as a French citizen! ???? 

Do you speak the same if he has killes one of your children? 

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Hardly anybody, if at all, had a clue, who this passenger is while the lady in the last part of the clip -  © AFP - seems to be quite scared over Sobhraj's attention by everybody. 

I'd guess that she's just attempting to lean out of the photo that's being taken.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m neither ranting or raving so stop using such terms to deflect away from the fact that someone can disagree with you and still have a valid point. 

The man is unrepentant scum who has shown no remorse for what he did nor the misery he inflicted upon his victims families. 

He is trying to exploit his victims and profit from what he did.

He is filth. 

What exactly is your point - other than the continuing ranting and frothing about him? What facts that I have raised are you disagreeing with/contesting?.. Other than what you would like to happen to him which I have simply pointed out cannot legally take place.

You’re entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

What exactly is your point - other than the continuing ranting and frothing about him? What facts that I have raised are you disagreeing with/contesting?.. Other than what you would like to happen to him which I have simply pointed out cannot legally take place.

You’re entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. 

Oh dear, your poor bruised ego can’t take people disagreeing with you so you make false claims about the manner they answer your posts.

How sad. 

Where did I dispute any facts you made? 

Which facts did I dispute?

Be precise and show exactly where I did anything other than state my view and where I referred to, quoted or actively disagreed with  your “facts”. 

My points are clear. 

He is unrepentant and trying to profit from what he did. That makes him scum  as far as I am concerned. 
I would rather he be locked up and left to rot in a cell. That not being possible he should live out his life in misery and poverty. 

He certainly should not be allowed to profit from his crimes. 

Finally…

He is filth. 

3 hours ago, pipeflaw said:

Idiot

Nope, if you look into it (which I did before I posted my 'question') you will find as others have pointed out since that the statute of limitations does apply and murder cases are closed in Thailand after 20 years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Pure insanity. He killed 20 people and he's being let out because he's old. In-freakin-credible. Why is he even still alive? His crimes justify him being taken out of this world forever.

maybe there is an opportunity for the TAT to promote this celebrity....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh dear, your poor bruised ego can’t take people disagreeing with you so you make false claims about the manner they answer your posts.

How sad. 

Where did I dispute any facts you made? 

Which facts did I dispute?

Be precise and show exactly where I did anything other than state my view and where I referred to, quoted or actively disagreed with  your “facts”. 

My points are clear. 

He is unrepentant and trying to profit from what he did. That makes him scum  as far as I am concerned. 
I would rather he be locked up and left to rot in a cell. That not being possible he should live out his life in misery and poverty. 

He certainly should not be allowed to profit from his crimes. 

Finally…

He is filth. 

And there,predictably it is - as the argument crumbles the desperate resort to the ad hominem. But now ,transparently ,coupled also with the projection of your own damaged self esteem onto   another . 
The self contradiction is additionally quite risible. You initially state you’re disagreeing with me (twice) but then go on to say youre you’re not disagreeing with me. ..You seem terribly confused ! 
As I’ve only stated the facts ,which explain why your wishful thinking  for his fate (repeated ad nauseam) cannot be manifested,and include no other opinion ,then by definition you can only be disagreeing with the facts … which you’re also claiming NOT to disagree with …??Make up your mind ????‍♂️.

You keep saying what you want to happen to him ,but cannot offer any reasoned explanation as to how this might come about. As I said,that constitutes no more than empty wishful thinking . 
If you can construct a cogent argument which includes some realistic proposals as to how those suggestions of yours could be realised (bearing in mind he’s a citizen of a country with significant welfare support and protections ) then just maybe you may have something to offer other than fulminating. He’s apparently in urgent need of heart surgery ,so what are you suggesting the French health service do about that - perhaps step out of their remit and say he can’t have it because he’s an unsavory character? 
Much for you to ponder here. Please think a little more deeply before responding…

• Like 1

I understand that most of the posters are arguing whether he should have been freed/ remain free  but the question is about extraditing him to Thailand. 

Apart the fact that the statute of limitation has been reached, hence Thailand will not ask for it,  the answer to the question is purely and simply NO, he cannot be extradited to Thailand or elsewhere as long as he remains on French soil ( if a warrant has been issued and is still active ) because 

France DOES NOT extradite its Nationals

7 hours ago, eTiMaGo said:

Not one cent,  he was asking for thousands of dollars for interviews, the production company could not bear to give the guy any money, good for them. Plus, seeing how he invents every story that comes out of his mouth, it'd be worthless.

There's an excellent documentary made a few years ago, shows quite well what a slimy <deleted> he is... 

After 20 minutes I give up, what a horible documentary with annoying and loud music in the background, I don't understand the maker of this, named Jan.

I like to give a comment but comments blocked.

You better watch the series on Netflix.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

After 20 minutes I give up, what a horible documentary with annoying and loud music in the background, I don't understand the maker of this, named Jan.

I like to give a comment but comments blocked.

You better watch the series on Netflix.

Of course, the series is really good, but it takes a few creative liberties in the interest of tension and drama, while the documentary is more factual

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

And there,predictably it is - as the argument crumbles the desperate resort to the ad hominem. But now ,transparently ,coupled also with the projection of your own damaged self esteem onto   another . 
The self contradiction is additionally quite risible. You initially state you’re disagreeing with me (twice) but then go on to say youre you’re not disagreeing with me. ..You seem terribly confused ! 
As I’ve only stated the facts ,which explain why your wishful thinking  for his fate (repeated ad nauseam) cannot be manifested,and include no other opinion ,then by definition you can only be disagreeing with the facts … which you’re also claiming NOT to disagree with …??Make up your mind ????‍♂️.

You keep saying what you want to happen to him ,but cannot offer any reasoned explanation as to how this might come about. As I said,that constitutes no more than empty wishful thinking . 
If you can construct a cogent argument which includes some realistic proposals as to how those suggestions of yours could be realised (bearing in mind he’s a citizen of a country with significant welfare support and protections ) then just maybe you may have something to offer other than fulminating. He’s apparently in urgent need of heart surgery ,so what are you suggesting the French health service do about that - perhaps step out of their remit and say he can’t have it because he’s an unsavory character? 
Much for you to ponder here. Please think a little more deeply before responding…

Get over yourself.

You failed to answer the questions I put to you.

The reason being you can’t find anything to justify your scatter blast unfounded allegations. 

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Get over yourself.

You failed to answer the questions I put to you.

The reason being you can’t find anything to justify your scatter blast unfounded allegations. 

I realise this has been a bruising encounter for you, Bluespunk. Reading and comprehension difficulties too,I notice. You’re showing classic symptoms of the Dunning- Kruger effect and is clearly discomfiting for you when a cogent argument exposes that shortcoming. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

From what I remember he was imprisoned here but managed to walk out. Question though, why is this guy being put in jails? He should be executed.

Many many countries do not have a death penalty.... even if they do it is rare it is used on foreign nationals. 

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

I realise this has been a bruising encounter for you, Bluespunk. Reading and comprehension difficulties too,I notice. You’re showing classic symptoms of the Dunning- Kruger effect and is clearly discomfiting for you when a cogent argument exposes that shortcoming. 

You flatter yourself. Not bruising or taxing at all.

Though as I pointed out to you earlier, your ego does bruise easily, thank you for using my metaphor, you’re learning. 

Still not answering my questions though, that ego must be mighty fragile. 

Your deflections are getting rather desperate though…a little sad really. 

Now how about you get back on topic. 

Edited by Bluespunk

On 12/24/2022 at 5:42 AM, Kerryd said:

Thailand Statue of Limitations (Prescriptions):
"Twenty years in case of offences punishable with death, imprisonment for life or imprisonment of twenty years;"

As his offenses took place in the 70s, it's unlikely that Thailand will try to extradite him. And even if they did, France would probably deny the extradition due to his age and health and the fact he'd face the death penalty - even though it's highly unlikely they'd ever carry out the sentence. Death penalty sentences for foreigners are usually commuted to life sentences either at trial or upon the next "royal pardon".

The death penalty is *always* taken off the table when Thailand seeks extradition.