Will French serial killer “The Serpent” be extradited to Thailand?

snoop1130

20 hours ago, eTiMaGo said:

Of course, the series is really good, but it takes a few creative liberties in the interest of tension and drama, while the documentary is more factual

And as Peter in Phuket said, terribly loud music covers up a lot of the dialogue. I gave up after a while. Will watch the Netflix drama, after the H & M thing!

On 12/23/2022 at 10:45 PM, sabaijai said:

He doesn't appear to have paid anything. He served 19 years of a 20-year sentence in Kathmandu. The majority of prisoners sentenced to life in prison in Nepal - which in Nepal's justice system is a sentence of 20 years - are released after 14 years. 

Authorities released him a year early due to age and illness.

More info here:

https://www.wwnytv.com/2022/12/23/notorious-french-serial-killer-freed-nepal-prison/

he was paying the whole time to receive special treatment and real food...I have visited a few foreigners taking them food and medicine since 2002...Sobraj had money or he would not have survived....the armchair experts know more than I ever will....eventually I was barred from entering the prison...I continued to have food and meds delivered by guards that I paid

• Like 2

2 hours ago, d4dang said:
On 12/24/2022 at 4:01 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Serving 19 years of his 20 year sentence was likely part of it not paying bribes!

have you ever been to Nepal?

Have you ever considered that an elderly foreign prisoner requiring treatment for a heart condition who has served 19 years out of his 20-year sentence probably would not have to bribe anyone?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Have you ever considered that an elderly foreign prisoner requiring treatment for a heart condition who has served 19 years out of his 20-year sentence probably would not have to bribe anyone?

Haha yes, good one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Have you ever been to Nepal?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, d4dang said:
On 12/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Have you ever been to Nepal?

What's the relevance of your question?

15 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

For people like him and murder they should reinstate it

There are reasons they do not have them that go beyond revenge...and some think being locked up for life is more of a punishment. Killing him with the stamp of government approval serves little purpose. 

• Like 1

Pretty sickening. He lived long enough to get the last laugh. It took awhile but thats what he said when he was incarcerated again. So he's on his last laugh tour now. Hey look at me. Im free. 

Statutes of limitations are a ridiculous concept. What matters is if someone committed murder or not. If there's beyond a reasonable doubt or even a confession, then the charges should stick for the life of the suspect. What is this.. Probably some British law invention

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

There are reasons they do not have them that go beyond revenge...and some think being locked up for life is more of a punishment. Killing him with the stamp of government approval serves little purpose. 

Evidently some of this lowlife likes prison and can function in prison. For the serpent, it doesn't look like prison was much of a punishment. 

Just now, Harsh Jones said:

Evidently some of this lowlife likes prison and can function in prison. For the serpent, it doesn't look like prison was much of a punishment. 

It is possible he had the means to do better than the average prisoner, but 3rd world prisons are usually not places people like to be. 

This nonsense because: 1) he was deported to France last Friday, the day the article was posted on AN; 2) the Thai statute of limitations on murder is 20 years from the date the offence was committed - thus it expired on the 1975 murder in Thailand in 1995.

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Pretty sickening. He lived long enough to get the last laugh. It took awhile but thats what he said when he was incarcerated again. So he's on his last laugh tour now. Hey look at me. Im free. 

Statutes of limitations are a ridiculous concept. What matters is if someone committed murder or not. If there's beyond a reasonable doubt or even a confession, then the charges should stick for the life of the suspect. What is this.. Probably some British law invention

I agree absolutely, except in the blame attributed to the British legal system. Under English and I believe Scottish and N. Irish law there is no statute of limitations on heinous crimes such as murder and rape.

In recent years an IRA killer was tried in N. Ireland for a murder committed in the 1970s.  Unfortunately the evidence was insufficient for conviction which is, of course, a hazard in very old cases.  However, that doesn't mean that murderers and rapists should be allowed to escape trial.  Survivors and families still remember the pain caused by these dirt bags over 50 years on. 

Hopefully karma will catch up with the disgusting Sobhraj in some form for the crimes he cannot face justice for.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, terryofcrete said:

Great TV Series ...Wonder does he get anything from that ? 

NO...that's why he plans on suing them, what a hope!

The lawyer for Charles Sobhraj said: his top priorities included filing lawsuits against the BBC and Netflix, co-producers of last year's series.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11574077/The-Serpent-serial-killer-says-SUE-BBC-falsified-TV-series.html

• Like 1