Am I wrong .... would you say anything ?

steven100

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are not in a position to state who is and isn't welcome in Thailand and its really inappropriate  to abuse people based on their nationality and if you carry on that way , you are likely to get into a physical fight 

I understand where you coming from,  however .... I have my beliefs and you have yours.  I don't accept the rape and murder of civillians under any circumstance,  and not to do so would be shamefull.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Are you SURE they were Russian? Why are they not welcome? Because of their nationality? Are you trying to blame the Ukraine invasion on these people and all Russian citizens? If so, you were wrong. The people of Russia are good people for the most-part. You might use those words on Putin and his generals (who are mostly dead now thanks to the fierce Ukraine fighters) but not on innocent Russian citizens.

Just like many Asians (mostly elderly) are being attacked in the US because the Covid-19 originated in China. These people had nothing to do with that. There is no reason for them to be attacked and abused.

I think you are very lucky the young Russian man had such a good nature and temperament else you might still be recovering.

Right now, Russians are extremely common all over Pattaya.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

The people of Russia are good people for the most-part. You might use those words on Putin and his generals (who are mostly dead now thanks to the fierce Ukraine fighters) but not on innocent Russian citizens.

nonsense ....  if they felt so strongly against the war they would have staged a rebelion,  but no ... they ran like rats from a sinking ship. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I presume that you had been drinking again.

You were totally out of order - you didn't know the couple, didn't know for sure they were Russians - yet you judged them them on your prejudices. You can't blame one couple for the actions of their government. You certainly cannot opine on their visit to Thailand.

You have made a tw4t of yourself again  --  knock the booze on the head until you can handle it.

They were from Russia ....   the guy told me so.  So don't try to assume as you only ......   well, you know the rest.    Lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

The perfect conclusion would have been for the Thai pizza shop owner to intervene and say to you "No, YOU are not welcome in Thailand and you are not welcome in my shop , stop abusing my customers and get out of here *

I think saying that to the Russian couple is a bit harsh ....   ????

and BTW ...  it wasn't confrontational at all as you imply .... it was just a couple of words spoken at the door.