Female Thai Student Attacked On San Francisco Bus

webfact

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Probably cannot afford to live in SF proper, but there were a lot more just over the bridge in Berkely and points East. 

Oakland super high percentage. So saying the San Francisco area is white is a joke. But in Nancy Pelosi's area as many have mentioned NOTHING will be done to a criminal like this. You can walk in and steal something from a store worth $100, $200, $500+ nothing happens. Attack and injure someone nothing happens. The city is full of homeless and criminals they are so welcomed there. If you have not visited or lived in San Fran in the last few years you should not even comment about it ( I don't mean you ) I mean other posters on here  who think they are always experts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People can see the current demographics here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco

At 41 percent white and 33 percent Asian that's whiter than I thought. 

San Francisco was indeed a greater city when city workers  people with regular jobs, and artists could afford to live there.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Oakland super high percentage. So saying the San Francisco area is white is a joke. But in Nancy Pelosi's area as many have mentioned NOTHING will be done to a criminal like this. You can walk in and steal something from a store worth $100, $200, $500+ nothing happens. Attack and injure someone nothing happens. The city is full of homeless and criminals they are so welcomed there. If you have not visited or lived in San Fran in the last few years you should not even comment about it ( I don't mean you ) I mean other posters on here  who think they are always experts. 

Really? Theft and violent attack are not punished? And this is widely known? How can a city survive? Who would continue to live there? What about property values which were sky high? 

All sincere questions as I have not been in SF since the late 60s and I just spoke to an old friend from NY now living in Fla who says the streets in NYC are not safe to walk.... 

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

People can see the current demographics here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco

At 41 percent white and 33 percent Asian that's whiter than I thought. 

San Francisco was indeed a greater city when city workers  people with regular jobs, and artists could afford to live there.

Rather racist to classify people like this.  What about if whites breed with Asians or Latinos, or blacks! I'm sure there are blacks that mix with Asians or Latino too. 

Everyone in the US is an immigrant, albeit most go back a hundred years. 

30 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Really? Theft and violent attack are not punished? And this is widely known? How can a city survive? Who would continue to live there? What about property values which were sky high? 

All sincere questions as I have not been in SF since the late 60s and I just spoke to an old friend from NY now living in Fla who says the streets in NYC are not safe to walk.... 

Housing costs boomed there massively but there was an exodus during the pandemic so there has been  some softening. But rich people are always going to want to live there because of the beauty, climate, and of course the geography of very limited land to build on.

In other words it's still one of the most expensive US cities and always will be at least until the next great QUAKE.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Yes NYC is very bad now. Was there in Oct and saw TWO people walk out the store with items. One was putting it down his pants as he walked by me. The other one consumed food while in the store then grabbed a couple things and left! One shop employee yelled out to the second guy.  This was a couple blocks from times Sq. I read up to $999 you can steal and get off. The New York governor is so weak. She aids in this.  This has nothing to do with Trump lol as one on here referred to. You can get away with attacks in NYC and San Fran now with no repercussions. It's scary. It's sad. I like NYC but my last trip was just depressing. The homeless numbers are sky high. Much more then before. 

Indeed, and Yanks think Thailand is a developing country. Take a walk along the Bowery and you'll see what poverty, deprivation and suffering is.

The free crime stereotype of SF is largely a Fox News fabrication..Yes you.can see some shocking videos that will give that impression. But what happened was that SF had a crazy soft on crime police chief but there was a backlash with a new mayor and he's gone.

But nobody knows how to solve the homeless problem.

I wouldn't want to live there now anyway but of course easy to say as I can't afford to.

San Francisco has been demonized by Republicans as a left wing hell hole for decades now.

Scapegoats are useful.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Rather racist to classify people like this.  What about if whites breed with Asians or Latinos, or blacks! I'm sure there are blacks that mix with Asians or Latino too. 

Everyone in the US is an immigrant, albeit most go back a hundred years. 

San Francisco is only 45 square miles.  The demographics just over the Bay bridge are what should be noted but of course completely ignored.  ( like Oakland ) San Fran is too expensive to live in but the HUGE homeless population has no issues with rent (and criminals nearby love the  lax of laws) Not Surprisingly San Fran just went to third place as highest rents in the USA. Boston is now number two and of course NYC number one. What happened during corona is rich younger people moved out of cities ( especially expensive ones ) but NYC and Boston had most or even more come back this year. San Francisco did not. 

Edited by alex8912

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, and Yanks think Thailand is a developing country. Take a walk along the Bowery and you'll see what poverty, deprivation and suffering is.

Yes and many many other places in "rich NYC" 

I ride my bike through Klong Toey " area which some say parts are slums. But honestly it seems like a nothing burger to me and is kind of interesting. I'm A Yank lol but I constantly tell my friends how modern and cool Bangkok is and especially safe.  NYC has especially gone down in the last 2-3 years.  

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Don't be so dismissive. It IS a dangerous place now for Asians. SO many stories about mostly elderly Asians being attack while just walking down the street minding their own business. Most often the attacker is black. Are they afraid the Asians will steal the chokehold they have as THE prominent minority? Who knows. 

You need to educate yourself before making silly-assed comments like you just did. 

Nonsense.       Crime takes place in every major city across the world every day.

It's simply a fact of life.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well it's not a Biden problem anyway.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-racist-rhetoric-blamed-145-175221823.html

"Trump’s racist rhetoric was blamed for a 145% rise in hate crimes against Asian Americans. Now he’s at it again

With Donald Trump’s return to the campaign trail this week came the resurgence of another familiar theme as well: racist language designed to denigrate Asian-Americans."

Your hate,   just can not stop,  can it. :coffee1:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I was doing a job a bit east of there, Pittsburg without the 'H'.. long time ago now.....(Bayview?)

Ha ha. I thought you were being sarcastic at first and referring to Pittsburg PA. I googled Pittsburgh CA now.  

I was born Chinese American  raised in S. F. Know it well still even today. 

What had been happening been a slow liberal process even before VP Harris. 

Today it is lead by a Mayor Breed and a liberal board based on district election one of those the worse ever made. The Asian leaders are basically Token to make a name and move to State office. 

Today, I can safely say there isn't a voice for the Chinese or Asian community!  The younger generation don't have a clue what others went through to make them Doctor, Lawyers, the Chinese or Chinatown are full of poor immigrants too old or afraid. Growing up another minority group couldn't enter Chinatown and leave unless you were allow. I still remember one Sat,  Sunny and his Hell's Angel came across from Oakland to comfort a group who he felt was infringing on his business territory. As soon as he came off the Washington off ramp the word was out. As they made their way down Jackson Street with their Harley's and enter as if he owned the place. 

In a very short conversation he realized he was short handed and way out gun he left with a new found respect. 

It is sad because even before Covid they integrated the Chinese housing projects there were numerous cases where black groups came and abuse and rob the elderly without any powerful Asian political leader black Mayor like Breed couldn't care less. 

These areas Mission where the 14 that runs it goes through was originally Mexicans but through the years more interested with people from Latin American. Although genafication had taken place it is still more affordable than many other districts.

Although small black population Mainly residing in Bay view Hunter Point lower property cost it is well known Black don't want none Blacks moving in forcing them out. Thirty forty Asians were buying property many couldn't deal with the abuse.  

The Thai older gentlemen was killed in a smaller black community called basically Ocean View a higher income area this was a hate crime there are a small minority of blacks even in liberal 

S. F.  Who hate anything that isn't black but this Mayor doesn't want to see it. 

S. F.  Has one of the biggest homeless population I would guess more than half need a shrink prior to Covid money allocation was 250 million the budget is now over a billion.  Majority of that money is spent in the worse area of the City Skid Road called the Tenderloin in 6th street not too fat from Twitter HQ. 

Her journey S. F.  Student 32?  many come at different ages the City provides a lot of newcomer services for immigrants to help catch up in education, lead them to jobs her looks stereotype many live in the area next to the Mission called Delores Park down from the Castro Gay and LGBT community if anything this would be more than a Asian attack. 

What I do know as a Asian when home last July, I use public transportation I go where I need to go all the places mention these district are some of the best home type cooking and inexpensive. 

I never take my eyes off people or have my back turn I carry conseal what I need to fend  off even at my age. ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

I was born Chinese American  raised in S. F. Know it well still even today. 

What had been happening been a slow liberal process even before VP Harris. 

Today it is lead by a Mayor Breed and a liberal board based on district election one of those the worse ever made. The Asian leaders are basically Token to make a name and move to State office. 

Today, I can safely say there isn't a voice for the Chinese or Asian community!  The younger generation don't have a clue what others went through to make them Doctor, Lawyers, the Chinese or Chinatown are full of poor immigrants too old or afraid. Growing up another minority group couldn't enter Chinatown and leave unless you were allow. I still remember one Sat,  Sunny and his Hell's Angel came across from Oakland to comfort a group who he felt was infringing on his business territory. As soon as he came off the Washington off ramp the word was out. As they made their way down Jackson Street with their Harley's and enter as if he owned the place. 

In a very short conversation he realized he was short handed and way out gun he left with a new found respect. 

It is sad because even before Covid they integrated the Chinese housing projects there were numerous cases where black groups came and abuse and rob the elderly without any powerful Asian political leader black Mayor like Breed couldn't care less. 

These areas Mission where the 14 that runs it goes through was originally Mexicans but through the years more interested with people from Latin American. Although genafication had taken place it is still more affordable than many other districts.

Although small black population Mainly residing in Bay view Hunter Point lower property cost it is well known Black don't want none Blacks moving in forcing them out. Thirty forty Asians were buying property many couldn't deal with the abuse.  

The Thai older gentlemen was killed in a smaller black community called basically Ocean View a higher income area this was a hate crime there are a small minority of blacks even in liberal 

S. F.  Who hate anything that isn't black but this Mayor doesn't want to see it. 

S. F.  Has one of the biggest homeless population I would guess more than half need a shrink prior to Covid money allocation was 250 million the budget is now over a billion.  Majority of that money is spent in the worse area of the City Skid Road called the Tenderloin in 6th street not too fat from Twitter HQ. 

Her journey S. F.  Student 32?  many come at different ages the City provides a lot of newcomer services for immigrants to help catch up in education, lead them to jobs her looks stereotype many live in the area next to the Mission called Delores Park down from the Castro Gay and LGBT community if anything this would be more than a Asian attack. 

What I do know as a Asian when home last July, I use public transportation I go where I need to go all the places mention these district are some of the best home type cooking and inexpensive. 

I never take my eyes off people or have my back turn I carry conseal what I need to fend  off even at my age. ????

You make SF sound like a dystopian hellscape.

I'm skeptical that its really that bad for most residents.

I do think.that many tourists because of the locations of most of the big hotels are over exposed to the homeless crisis.

No doubt there are very serious problems.

Anyway l left my wisdom teeth in San Francisco where I learned about "real" Chinese food.

I don't follow current San Francisco board of supes dramas but is it unfair to say a big reason Asians have been underrepresented in SF elected officials is because historically not enough of them have been interested enough to participate?

Also people shouldn't vote for people only because of ethnic identity. It should be about policies. Obviously Mayor Breed wasn't elected by the black vote as SF only has 5 or 6 percent blacks.

SF is a very democratic city so the politics there are always about the different levels within the democratic political spectrum.

Edited by Jingthing

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Similar to the attacks(verbal) I've had from Chinese Thais, who dislike Farang Thais.

I'm sure those "verbal" attacks didn't leave you bloodied and laying on the ground or in a hospital, which happens all too often to elderly Asians in San Fran and NYC.

36 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I'm sure those "verbal" attacks didn't leave you bloodied and laying on the ground or in a hospital, which happens all too often to elderly Asians in San Fran and NYC.

It happens but hardly an everyday thing.

One time is one time too many.