Compulsory Reporting RTP

MAF666

Have received an order for seeds from a local vendor.

Got a call from the shop reminding me to register on the Government web site, as RTP review deliveries, so  be prepared for a visit.

Not sure if this is correct.

Have any other mail order growers had a visit from RTP?

On 12/26/2022 at 12:32 PM, BritManToo said:

Best to buy from the UK seed suppliers then nobody will know.

You still need to register to grow, there's no way around that.

The problem with importing is that Customs are stopping and inspecting packages. They caught one of mine from Attitude Seedbank and it cost me a couple of thousand to get them to give me the seeds. It was addressed to the Thai gf and they wanted to see an invoice/bill of sale etc. and were threatening her with all sorts.

Mumzas.

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You still need to register to grow, there's no way around that.

The problem with importing is that Customs are stopping and inspecting packages. They caught one of mine from Attitude Seedbank and it cost me a couple of thousand to get them to give me the seeds. It was addressed to the Thai gf and they wanted to see an invoice/bill of sale etc. and were threatening her with all sorts.

Mumzas.

Guess I'm lucky, my orders all came through without problems.

And nobody I know has bothered to register.

Police come round 3x a day, my woman pays them to be 'security' for the moobaan.

They stop just past our house to sign their little book every visit.

Every other house has plants in the front gardens.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 9:12 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Mine all got through bar one order. I've not risked it again since then but might in the future.

You can source anything that you want from Thai vendors.

My Order of Bruce Banner with a Gorilla Cookie freebie auto from  Siam Seeds arrived 22 hours later.

Excellent follow up service.

Will be ordering from them again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAF666 said:

You can source anything that you want from Thai vendors.

My Order of Bruce Banner with a Gorilla Cookie freebie auto from  Siam Seeds arrived 22 hours later.

Excellent follow up service.

Will be ordering from them again.

How do you know they are the right variety and new seeds?

I've purchased around 200 seeds from Thai suppliers, not any of them turned out to be anything but 100% sativa bag seed. So I gave up and now only order from Attitude, where I'm certain the seeds are fresh and genuine.

You won't know for 3-4 months if you got what you paid for.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've purchased around 200 seeds from Thai suppliers, not any of them turned out to be anything but 100% sativa bag seed. So I gave up and now only order from Attitude, where I'm certain the seeds are fresh and genuine.

They are branded 420 fastbuds.

I was referred to the Thai suppliers by the Euro website, which I have used before.

High confidence with these seeds.

You may like to know that autoflowers will go into flower in 3 weeks.

May be worth documenting this grow…

On 12/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

RTP are desperate for cash at the moment. I've heard that they were in a neighbouring moo baan checking houses if they had licenses to grow.

No license it was an 'on the spot' fine.

If you have registered on the app there's nothing they can do. It is legal to own and grow cannabis now and if you register they can't touch you.

They will definitely be using peoples' uncertainty about the laws to extort money.

Exceptionally good post.

Perceptive, informative, and concise.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:07 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

That is the first time I have heard of, read of, or seen anybody say that this has happened.

I do not doubt that it did happen, TIT.

But I know a load of people that have imported seeds with zero issues, if you use a supplier that uses stealth packaging then it is absolutely not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't do autoflowers, why buy 10 seeds when you can buy 1 seed and make 100 clones?

Seems like a waste of money to me.

Autoflowers are a between season crop for us.

They will be finished in march.

Outdoor grow, so no real costs.

You could reverse sex 1 seed to make 100’s of fem seeds with autoflowers as an alternative.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MAF666 said:

No real seasons in Thailand. 

I veg for 16hrs/day inside. 

Everything I put outside flowers after 3 days outside. 

Works all year round. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

From their website:

"Siam Seeds are the official distributors for Fastbuds, Kickflip Genetics, Mephisto Genetics, Exotic Genetix and Hypno Seeds."

All their seeds are fresh and come in the original breeders packs. You can check the authenticity on the Fastbuds packs through the Fastbuds website. 100% genuine. Even the free seeds they gave me were in original sealed packaging.

Ironic as the Fastbuds seeds I ordered from Attitude Seedbank (my first order on @BritManToo recommendation) came in unmarked tubes and jiffy bags even though I specified no stealth shipping...  all the rest of my orders from Attitude have come in the breeders packs however.

I have a 100% germination rate from Siam Seeds, which is not the case with Attitude. In particular the free seeds Attitude give out I suspect are old stock and often fail to germinate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No real seasons in Thailand. 

I veg for 16hrs/day inside. 

Everything I put outside flowers after 3 days outside. 

Works all year round. 

Never tried that, but can see how it would work.

Always used clones back when I used to grow indoors.

We do not have a light setup, just insect screened tunnels.

I like to try out different strains between the seasonal grow. 

What strain were you growing and what kind of yield were you getting?

On 12/31/2022 at 1:07 PM, BritManToo said:

I use (Expert seed bank) and (2fast4buds) both reliable and Expert has a 2-4-1 deal these days. 

9 hours ago, MAF666 said:

You could reverse sex 1 seed to make 100’s of fem seeds with autoflowers as an alternative.

How do you reverse sex in  a seed?

In 2022, there has been minimal enforcement of regulations regarding the cultivation and sale of cannabis and cannabis products in Thailand. However, this is expected to change in 2023, with an increase in government enforcement efforts.

The Department of Thai Traditional and Complementary Medicine (DTAM) is launching an online system for licensed sellers of cannabis and cannabis products, which will require them to report on the following:

1. Source of Product
  2. Current Inventory Levels
  3. Information Related to ALL Sales (including identification information of buyers)

It is likely that a similar system will be implemented for registered cultivators, who will be required to report on:

1. Amount of Plants per Square Meter
  2. Number of Plants Planted
  3. Actual Harvest
  4. Licensed Buyers or Direct Customers (if they have the necessary licenses)

By implementing these reporting requirements, the government aims to create a transparent and regulated market for legal cannabis and cannabis products in Thailand, and to reduce the sale of illegal imports. This will make it easier for the government to ensure that only legally-grown flowers are sold within licensed shops.

After the are able to track from seed to sale we expect some draft of cannabis-specific taxation to kick in as well. It is hard to know as we are just guessing at this point.

Edited by OG Thai
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, OG Thai said:

In 2022, there has been minimal enforcement of regulations regarding the cultivation and sale of cannabis and cannabis products in Thailand. However, this is expected to change in 2023, with an increase in government enforcement efforts.

The Department of Thai Traditional and Complementary Medicine (DTAM) is launching an online system for licensed sellers of cannabis and cannabis products, which will require them to report on the following:

1. Source of Product
  2. Current Inventory Levels
  3. Information Related to ALL Sales (including identification information of buyers)

It is likely that a similar system will be implemented for registered cultivators, who will be required to report on:

1. Amount of Plants per Square Meter
  2. Number of Plants Planted
  3. Actual Harvest
  4. Licensed Buyers or Direct Customers (if they have the necessary licenses)

By implementing these reporting requirements, the government aims to create a transparent and regulated market for legal cannabis and cannabis products in Thailand, and to reduce the sale of illegal imports. This will make it easier for the government to ensure that only legally-grown flowers are sold within licensed shops.

After the are able to track from seed to sale we expect some draft of cannabis-specific taxation to kick in as well. It is hard to know as we are just guessing at this point.

This is just going to create a massive black market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tomster said:

This is just going to create a massive black market.

Cannabis has long been available on the black market in Thailand.

The government has taken steps to crack down on unlicensed "cannabis-car" sellers, particularly in popular tourist areas.

However, there is still a significant black market operating within the legal market, with over 5,000 legally registered shops many of which are selling illegally imported cannabis. The markups are in some cases 300-500% (there is very little advantage to the end customer).

The implementation of stricter regulations and increased enforcement is expected to decrease the prices of illegal imports and encourage the growth of legal cannabis within Thailand. This will help to create a more transparent and regulated market, benefiting both the government and the cannabis industry in the country.

If the prices of illegal imports are decreased then the incentive to import cannabis from countries like the US/Canada will be less profitable (a lot of which is far from fresh). We hope this promotes the growth of high quality local indoor within Thailand, and we are already seeing this start to happen.

There will ALWAYS be a black-market, but the point is for the black-market not to be operating in the face of the market.

Edited by OG Thai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tomster said:

The issue with the import is that Thai customs are making a load of cash out of it, so are letting it through illegally. For whatever reason this backdooring is not being stopped when it could easily be, as you well know there are certain people walking around saying they have hundreds of kilos of the stuff for sale and targeting the dispensaries, who mostly lap it up (although the smarter ones finally saying no to it).

I would love to see the end of the import and the focus on Thai grown weed.

But for that to be viable you need to:

1. Stop the import which means cracking down on the cash cow Thai customs have found.

2. Put a very low tax, light touch framework in place and there is no way that Thailand will do that, there is too much money involved and too many political pigs at trough trying to cash in.

So they will try to regulate it and fail, most people will get bored of dealing with the headache and most sales will move back to local networks at 200-300 Baht per gram (to the end user).

Dispensaries will have their place in tourist areas, everybody else will buy from the local growers as and when it presents itself.

This is not just a Thai thing, it's happening in every country where they decriminalize then they try to regulate.

Selling cannabis online has been very, very clearly banned - can I ask why you still do it?

https://og.th/strains/orange-romulan

• Haha 1