Fruit dehydrator / recommendations

djayz

We are starting to produce more and more fruit from our garden and are interested in drying some of it so we can eat it later. I've looked on lazada, but have absolutely no idea what to look for, pros and cons, brands, etc. Does anybody have a device that they can recommend? 

I have dried some fruit in the sun, good old fashioned way, but am looking for alternatives. 

Thanking you in advance. 

We've been using a Severin 5 tray that we bought on Lazada several years ago.  Dry beef, fish, all sorts of herbs, fruit.  There are many more choices available on Lazada nowadays.

We did the old blue net drying for several years.....but the electric mode is more reliable and attracts far less flies!!

• Thanks 1

Been using "ABC drier" for a few years now, with heating element & fan on top, all plastic.  Works great, for fruits & jerky.

Sold out on Shopee, don't think we paid that much for it, as didn't buy it on Shopee:

image.png.214c3a561832ee8edf112ed288d697b1.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2022 at 6:57 PM, BritManToo said:

You just told everyone your gender!

Back to the OP,

Most of the Thais around me seem to use the hanging nets.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/grace3-5-i3072340796-s11273079348.html

In which I suspect the Thais around you???? fashion to construct their own items....as is more commonplace - instead of "online shopping". Many Farang could take lessons to what might be construed as self-sufficient and cleverly independent.