IO @ HKT: "Next time you need long stay visa"

Judging by your travel needs and cited finances, you may qualify for a 10-year Long Term Resident Visa based on retirement (Wealthy Pensioner). No re-entry permit required vs non O-A. Elite airport entry immigration check-in. Report Thai residence annually vs every 90-days for non O-A. Can obtain from Thailand foreign embassy.

https://ltr.boi.go.th/page/ltr-brochure.html

8 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Flew into HKT last night on a new 60 day e-tv and the IO gave me the 3rd degree and asked why I spent so much time in T (no problem, I realize it's her job). Told her my dad lives here on retirement extensions (true) and that he's old (true) and I like to spend as much time with him as possible (true)

Darn! You must be the first visitor to tell the truth to IO! Can tell you lived in Japan too long ????

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why don't you get a retirement visa at the Thai embassy in your country?

Why give the guy the worst possible information ? , if when hes 50 and he obtained the Retirement Visa from.his own embassy he would be issued with a "Non OA" . Then he would be have yo obtain the ridiculous insurance every year , much better for him to obtain his retirement Visa in Thailand were he would then be in a "Non O"

10 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

Why give the guy the worst possible information ? , if when hes 50 and he obtained the Retirement Visa from.his own embassy he would be issued with a "Non OA" . Then he would be have yo obtain the ridiculous insurance every year , much better for him to obtain his retirement Visa in Thailand were he would then be in a "Non O"

Bit lost in translation.

You can obtain a non O retirement in own country (in the main) 

So he wasn't suggesting a non O-A necessarily. 

Having stated that many consulates issuing non O retirement were requiring 90 day insurance. 

10 minutes ago, Scottie12 said:

On the same theme if I enter on a 90 day non o tourist visa (60 days plus 30 day extension) is there any way of extending it for a further 90 days ?

You entered on a tourist visa (60 days) and extended by 30 days. (not a non O)

Only one extension per entry is possible.

You need to do border run for a visa exempt entry or obtain another tourist visa at nearby consulate eg Laos, Cambodia etc

Edited by DrJack54

7 hours ago, Brick Top said:

"ridiculous insurance every year"

Of course it is better to start a who can fund me campaign.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

"ridiculous insurance every year"

Of course it is better to start a who can fund me campaign.

There's a difference between idiots with no insurance (that don't have the means to really self insure) and those forced to buy ineffective Thai insurance on top of their existing insurance just because they started on a Non-OA.

Edited by Salerno
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mad God said:

I turned around, went back to immigration (was at swampy) and said, "Yes, my fault, BUT your immigration guy could have helped and reminded me I was leaving without an exit permit"

you can ask them to cancel your cancel visa stamp. because you didnt cross any border yet. I did that at nong khai immigration. they have to do that if you ask it specifically. they didnt do because you didnt ask for it the way it should be and probably they were not in good mood. 

and yes when you are leaving the IO should warn you and ask you if you want to get a re-entry

so it is 60-40 it is your visa and its your responsibility to follow it and do the necessary things. 'i forgot' is really nonsense. its the most important thing. so you get 40. IO made a mistake about not warning you about the visa but actually and technically its not his duty. Also he failed about cancelling your cancelled stamp. As i said i did it. i went back to thai border and i told them i made a mistake and i need to come back at first he was like <deleted> you are talking about then i demand he cancel the cancel visa and let me in. after talking with his superviser he used a blue ink stamp on my exit stamp and saying CANCEL. so he canceled my exit stamp. and reuse my old stamp before exit. he write a note in blue to explain the situation under the stamp. all good. so IO get 60

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

you can ask them to cancel your cancel visa stamp. because you didnt cross any border yet. I did that at nong khai immigration. they have to do that if you ask it specifically. they didnt do because you didnt ask for it the way it should be and probably they were not in good mood. 

and yes when you are leaving the IO should warn you and ask you if you want to get a re-entry

so it is 60-40 it is your visa and its your responsibility to follow it and do the necessary things. 'i forgot' is really nonsense. its the most important thing. so you get 40. IO made a mistake about not warning you about the visa but actually and technically its not his duty. Also he failed about cancelling your cancelled stamp. As i said i did it. i went back to thai border and i told them i made a mistake and i need to come back at first he was like <deleted> you are talking about then i demand he cancel the cancel visa and let me in. after talking with his superviser he used a blue ink stamp on my exit stamp and saying CANCEL. so he canceled my exit stamp. and reuse my old stamp before exit. he write a note in blue to explain the situation under the stamp. all good. so IO get 60

If you already entered another country, the Thai exit stamp cannot legally be cancelled, unless you can get the other country to cancel both their entry and exit stamps (which is unlikely to happen). Anyway, cancelling the exit stamp is not usually necessary, unless you are unable to access the re-entry desk without being on the other side of immigration. If you identify your error after stamping out of Thailand, but before entering another country, it should still be possible to get a re-entry permit (and the visa stamp was prematurely marked cancelled).

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit lost in translation.

You can obtain a non O retirement in own country (in the main) 

So he wasn't suggesting a non O-A necessarily. 

Having stated that many consulates issuing non O retirement were requiring 90 day insurance.