Visa agent not responding to calls

1 hour ago, connda said:

Get your passport back and find a new agent.

Agents in other provinces can do the deed much quicker. Could the OP not get his PP and sort it out somewhere else?

After all these agents only need a bar-code to do it.

1 hour ago, connda said:

BTW.  Retirement visas with money in the bank is pretty much a slam dunk.  Why bother with an agent?

I'm not so sure, when I was in the immigration last year (not Pattaya) the IO was telling one retiree that his rental agreement didn't meet their requirements and couldn't give the extension.

• Like 1

What action you take depends on why you used the agent in the first place.

If you used them because you meet the criteria, and you did not want to queue at immigration...........fair enough.......go to the Immigration or to the police.

If you used them because you needed a dodgy application processing..........good luck with that.......

It is possible that Immigration logs applications

lodged by agents and their companies, and has

an accessible record of such activity in the

computer.

If the OP goes to the immigration office stating

that he needs to get hold of the agent he used

previously, their details should be readily at

hand in the "system".

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

How can she make such a mess of it this year when everything went smoothly last year?

didn't you say she is in the midst of a move? 

Sounds like this will all be rectified w/a bit more effort for you, unfortunately. I doubt she was trying to make a problem for you... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I love having an agent fill out all the forms for me and clear the road at Imm... make my life easy, never a problem. 

…not until the problem occurs. 1 in a thousand+ chances is too much for me 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

This is getting bizarre now. The agent just called me to say that Immigration has told her I need to get a new certificate from the bank as the original one is out of date. Well it wasn't out of date when I gave it to the agent, on the day the bank issued it, so did the agent misplace my paperwork or did Immigration do so, as they only seem to be processing it now, after 2 weeks. Nobody will admit anything, of course, and there's no point arguing about it. I pointed out to the agent that to get a new letter from the bank I'll need to have my passport back, so she claims she'll go to Immigration thsi afternoon and retrieve it for me. How can she make such a mess of it this year when everything went smoothly last year?

You said yourself she just moved office.

Obviously it went down in the chaos of the move. She screwed up under difficult circumstances ... maybe an underling put it on the wrong pile... give her a break mate, she is trying to rectify it. And of course no-one will admit what happened - that's all part of the 'face' culture ... and ain't that why we live here? TIT eh?

As long as she's nice about it and all's well in the end I wouldn't give her the boot. She's taken care of you for 15 years, and anyway the next one might be even worse ????

First of all the OP has not mentioned using an agent to get around the system.  Believe it or not, some people can actually afford to use agents and attorneys for things.  Without trying to get away with something. 
I suggest to the OP if you still can’t reach the agent .  And time is too close. You contact immigration for assistance. You basically have no other recourse.  If immigration does not have your passport and nothing was filed.  You will have to contact your embassy,.  And depending on the rules of your Embassy.  Would need to file a police report because technically the passport would be considered stolen. Immigration would also probably need a police report also. But of course I’m just speculating 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

I think the first thing I need to know is if Immigration processed the passport and granted another annual extension. If so, then at least I'm not at risk of overstaying. Of course, even if I wanted to leave to avoid overstay, I can't do so without a passport. This is all a bit Catch-22, lol.

You should be able to check your "Permission to Stay until Date" on the Immigration Mobile App  (Search for IMM EServices on your App/Play store). 

At least that way you'll know whether she's done your extension or not. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Especially if the agent was used to get round "shortages" in meeting the requirements.

Agents are Jomptiens bread and butter. 

Even to land a job there costs upwards of 500,000 baht. 

33 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How would you know that? Just asking like.

A  young manin our village asked for a transfer to Jomptien.  They ended up taking out a loan.

Almost every public job you'll need to give a little to enter a more prestigious position.  Or you can work in some dusty Issan village working for peanuts.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How would you know that? Just asking like.

100k at airport, would guess Immigration in Pattaya involvesa bit more pocketmoney for each officer. I know because of family member paid that to get her position. As far I know, no pocket money at airport at all. 

Edited by Hummin

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

i have 2 friends using the same agency for 2-3 years

they had never any problems. but this year it took 6 week for them to get their passport back

it seems its normal. i wouldnt worry. whoever i talked or asked, they told me it took 6 weeks.

On another thread your agent bashing, which is it? 

18 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

I'm not so sure, when I was in the immigration last year (not Pattaya) the IO was telling one retiree that his rental agreement didn't meet their requirements and couldn't give the extension.

The reason for going one month early in case you need another document.

15 hours ago, allanos said:

It is possible that Immigration logs applications

lodged by agents and their companies, and has

an accessible record of such activity in the

computer.

If the OP goes to the immigration office stating

that he needs to get hold of the agent he used

previously, their details should be readily at

hand in the "system".

Many agents or maybe most works of record!

Do the agent give you a receipt for received documents, type of documents and payment? Agreement of service and process time? If not, then <deleted> happens! 

We all know what we need in return when paying for something and handing over passport and other personal documents. Also a copy of business registration, and photo of agent inside and outside office signed and two copies of each, as well a copy of immigration officers id also two signed copies who is taking the bribe.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Part of the risk you take because you are too lazy to do it yourself. I wouldn't give my passport to anyone (except Immigration of course).

Absolutely, the only time my passport is out of my possession for immigration purposes is when I personally hand it to a government official. 

Edited by novacova
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Many agents or maybe most works of record!

Do the agent give you a receipt for received documents, type of documents and payment? Agreement of service and process time? If not, then <deleted> happens! 

We all know what we need in return when paying for something and handing over passport and other personal documents. Also a copy of business registration, and photo of agent inside and outside office signed and two copies of each, as well a copy of immigration officers id also two signed copies who is taking the bribe.

What bribe are you talking about?, no bribe involved.