Visa agent not responding to calls

Obviously the agent has some sort of issue in processing your visa requests or she might have, as you said, misplaced your documents and rather not face you about it, you need to find her coz without your passport you can't do anything and not even the immigration can help you here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Obviously the agent has some sort of issue in processing your visa requests or she might have, as you said, misplaced your documents and rather not face you about it, you need to find her coz without your passport you can't do anything and not even the immigration can help you here...

I think the first thing I need to know is if Immigration processed the passport and granted another annual extension. If so, then at least I'm not at risk of overstaying. Of course, even if I wanted to leave to avoid overstay, I can't do so without a passport. This is all a bit Catch-22, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Guderian said:

For goodness sake, where did I mention that? I have plenty of money in the bank as well as the letter confirming it. Many of us use an agent simply to avoid long queues, sometimes standing for a long time under the sun, outside the inadequate Jomtien Immigration office.

Do you have a picture of her, if you have her Line account?

It would certainly help if you did ask at immigration?

26 minutes ago, Guderian said:

For goodness sake, where did I mention that? I have plenty of money in the bank as well as the letter confirming it. Many of us use an agent simply to avoid long queues, sometimes standing for a long time under the sun, outside the inadequate Jomtien Immigration office.

Than submit a police report that your agent has disappear with your passport.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

This is getting bizarre now. The agent just called me to say that Immigration has told her I need to get a new certificate from the bank as the original one is out of date. Well it wasn't out of date when I gave it to the agent, on the day the bank issued it, so did the agent misplace my paperwork or did Immigration do so, as they only seem to be processing it now, after 2 weeks. Nobody will admit anything, of course, and there's no point arguing about it. I pointed out to the agent that to get a new letter from the bank I'll need to have my passport back, so she claims she'll go to Immigration thsi afternoon and retrieve it for me. How can she make such a mess of it this year when everything went smoothly last year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

This is getting bizarre now. The agent just called me to say that Immigration has told her I need to get a new certificate from the bank as the original one is out of date. Well it wasn't out of date when I gave it to the agent, on the day the bank issued it, so did the agent misplace my paperwork or did Immigration do so, as they only seem to be processing it now, after 2 weeks. Nobody will admit anything, of course, and there's no point arguing about it. I pointed out to the agent that to get a new letter from the bank I'll need to have my passport back, so she claims she'll go to Immigration thsi afternoon and retrieve it for me. How can she make such a mess of it this year when everything went smoothly last year?

You know what to do once you get your passport back......

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Guderian said:

"The old extension expires on January 1st, and things are getting a bit tight"

Don't panic. There are still some hours left . Let us know the result. It is always better to learn from others . 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Guderian said:

You could ask the question "My agent, <company name> has moved & I'm trying to track them down, does anyone know where they are located now" ????

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Guderian said:

they only seem to be processing it now, after 2 weeks

You are aware that immigration was well behind two weeks ago due to the holidays (and perhaps internal issues due major investigations) - 90 day reports that week were taking much longer to process than normal from reports here.

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You are aware that immigration was well behind two weeks ago due to the holidays (and perhaps internal issues due major investigations) - 90 day reports that week were taking much longer to process than normal from reports here.

I'm nowhere near Pattaya.

My visa was issued in one day. Sorted out the bank stuff in the morning. Paid. and gave all the docs to the agent. Had a nice somtam feast. Went home. Got a text at 4ish saying my visa was done.

Great service all round.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Than submit a police report that your agent has disappear with your passport.

There might be some simple explanation? It might be wise to exhaust all possibilities first? There was a backlog in Jomtien immigration?

Going to immigration and asking if they know what happened might be a good idea, if the OP has a picture of her and obviously knows her name. Problem now is the IO is closed for a few days.