Jump to content

Certificate of Residence at Chaeng Wattana

Recommended Posts

I am on my first 1 year extension of stay based on marriage. Got this at CW.


I have not done my first 90 day report yet - this was initially due mid-December, but as I left Thailand and re-entered, this is now due end of January.


I want to get a Certificate of Residence (so I can get a Thai driving licence).


Will CW issue this to me now, regardless of whether I have needed to do any 90 day reports? Or do I need to wait and ask for it when I do my first 90 day report?


Thanks for your advice


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to have made a 90 day report. 


"Or do I need to wait and ask for it when I do my first 90 day report?"


You can apply for the residence certificate immediately after filing your 90 report so good idea to do it in person.

You can photocopy the receipt and hand that over for the residence certificate.

That costs 200baht and is mailed to you SMS.

Stated to take 2 weeks but more often within a week. 


If your embassy supplies an equivalent (proof of address) then you can use that.


Immigration better option. 

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why your 90 day report is due end Jan if you left Thailand before your first  90 day report in Dec, and returned in Dec then the 90 days starts when you returned, so mid march is going to be your 90 day report

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...