Businesswoman goes to the cops over dodgy Beemer she bought from a Kanchanaphisek dealership

webfact

in the trial drive she should go to the BMW service and check service records.

Surely that car was poorly maintained, if radiator bursts and all the other systems need 300k repairs.

She also should know that having an exclusive car costs a lot, as parts are imported and few garages are able to fix that cars.

Her "celebrity lawyer" cost her additional $$$, as should was able to place complain without any lawyer help.

The garage can claim, that it was her who neglected necessary repairs, as she did some 25k within the last 5 months

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Very true, can even go now as they keep service records on file. At 50,000 klm it should have still been under warranty UNLESS BMW made a mistake in their records or just don't want to pay for repairs. :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you think are the chances that a tent would permit that length of test drive?    BMW dealers don't suddenly drop everything to do used vehicle checks on vehicles that are being sold by other dealers.

It would be a simple check of reg. number on their computer. No mechanics involved.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you think are the chances that a tent would permit that length of test drive?    BMW dealers don't suddenly drop everything to do used vehicle checks on vehicles that are being sold by other dealers.

It would be a simple check of reg. number on their computer. No mechanics involved.

BMW dealers don't suddenly drop everything to do used vehicle checks on vehicles that are being sold by other dealers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

BMW dealers don't suddenly drop everything to do used vehicle checks on vehicles that are being sold by other dealers.

As I said just checking the service records on their computer does not mean they have to drop everything, it would take minutes, by reception staff, just enter the reg. number. But you find that funny

No, I found your comment funny.   Is that how BMW dealers operate, then, with no ID documents relating to the car they just drop everything and hand over the details of someone else's car to a complete stranger walking in off the street?    Are you aware of any tents in the area of the one in the OP allowing a clocked car to be driven off for the time a dealer check takes?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I found your comment funny.   Is that how BMW dealers operate, then, with no ID documents relating to the car they just drop everything and hand over the details of someone else's car to a complete stranger walking in off the street?    Are you aware of any tents in the area of the one in the OP allowing a clocked car to be driven off for the time a dealer check takes?

The dealer would have the blue book and more than likely in their name.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It cost 1.1 million baht.

After just three months the radiator bust. Then there were a host of other small things. 

A local garage said it would cost 100,000 baht to fix.

She took it to BMW. They said the vehicle had in fact done 270,000 kms and the clock had been turned back.

oh dear

and 11m baht ? ###

On 12/28/2022 at 5:01 AM, internationalism said:

Surely that car was poorly maintained, if radiator bursts and all the other systems need 300k repairs.

She also should know that having an exclusive car costs a lot, as parts are imported and few garages are able to fix that cars.

Her "celebrity lawyer" cost her additional $$$, as should was able to place complain without any lawyer help.

The garage can claim, that it was her who neglected necessary repairs, as she did some 25k within the last 5 months

BMW are not renowned anymore for longevity.  Anything over 5 years and 100,000 miles expect big bills.

On 12/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, brianthainess said:
On 12/28/2022 at 1:03 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

The dealer would have the blue book and more than likely in their name.

So?

On 12/28/2022 at 1:14 PM, Bert got kinky said:

And the dealer would not hand over the blue book to a possible buyer.

Most of these tent dealers will only sell with the terms of 'sold as seen'.

Every time I have test driven a car, the dealer has come with me, one even stopped at a 7/11 so we could grab lunch, if they want to make a sale then going to a dealer should not be a problem.

If i take my Nissan to a dealer they never ask for the blue book or ID, just the Reg, number. most dealers give a 3 month warranty. Not sold as seen.