Visa Exempt Entries

9th time in 2022 via air visa exempt 

That might be a record.

Even oil gas guys on month on/off are being told to obtain a visa. 

The important thing with history of stays in Thailand is time sent in Thailand and time in between those visits.

Your point? 

BTW You join 35 minutes ago make first post then exit thread. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not unusual. I used to fly in and out almost fortnightly when I was courting my wife. Stay a weekend, occasionally a week.  Those entries really rake up. 

For your information, I fly to Chiang Mai and I'm Malaysian. In addition to my trips to CM, I often had to fly to Bangkok or Phuket for events but again, only staying a few days. Occasionally, they do ask and I'm pretty honest about what I'm doing here (events, seminars, seeing my future wife) and it's all with common courtesy. Never had a problem. 

Doing extensions at the immigration office however, is a totally different experience......

7 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I know 3 guys that have made at least 5 or 6 entries this year the same way, no questions.

5 is way different to the OP 9.

As stated earlier it depends on time out of Thailand.

I suggest 3 to 6 back to back with only a couple of days out would be pure luck. 

4 minutes ago, ttkeric said:

For your information, I fly to Chiang Mai and I'm Malaysian.

Very different.

Don't Malaysians have unlimited land border entries?

Also it's the Bangkok airports that sometimes have issues. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

I know 3 guys that have made at least 5 or 6 entries this year the same way, no questions.

Yeah the so called automatic red flag for airport arrivals is a myth. I've spent 8 months in Thailand this year without a "proper visa"  and have 3-4 visa exempt entries a year since 2015 without any questions from IO 

• 2 weeks later...

So...I'll throw my hat in the ring... and see if @DrJack54 has any thoughts on it...

I've been out of Thailand nearly 4 months (stayed out here in Philippines).  But I was in Thailand during the whole pandemic and extended with the covid-extension program all the way until Sep-2022.

Haven't been on the forum in a while to see any recent reports of airport hassle.

Anyone care to speculate whether I will have a hard time if I try to come back in now?  Prefer to go through Bangkok, but I may also go through Phuket if it makes things easier.

Edited by audaciousnomad

12 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Even through BKK?

BKK along with DMK had bit of a "crackdown" just prior to covid and yes reports of a few refused entries. 

Some were many entries and short turn around.

Even now we see posts of some folk planning on fly out and back even same day.

IMO that's asking for trouble.

One guy even did that with his elderly mother.

Think it was to Singapore.

Crazy. She was admitted after bit of ordeal. 

In your situation you will have been out of Thailand for ~4 months. 

Would not be an issue. 

You may as well have the 20k with you and be ready for the questions that appear on (suspended) arrival card.

Where you stay.

How long. etc. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1