POLL: Do you think Brexit is a success or failure?

Scott

Do you think Brexit is a success or a failure?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With 7 % of UK based pollers thinking that Brexit was a success and 5 % thinking it was a failure , that mirrors the 2016 Brexit referendum vote where Leave got the majority vote  with over a million votes in their favour .l

Going by the ASEANNOW poll, Leave  would win a 2023 referendum by an even bogger margin than the 2016 referendum 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

With 7 % of UK based pollers thinking that Brexit was a success and 5 % thinking it was a failure , that mirrors the 2016 Brexit referendum vote where Leave got the majority vote  with over a million votes in their favour .l

Going by the ASEANNOW poll, Leave  would win a 2023 referendum by an even bogger margin than the 2016 referendum 

Ah, so you would like to discount 67% of votes cast.

You really don’t like respecting the vote do you.

Plus it’s 5.88% of those based in U.K.  As maths is clearly not one of your strong points, let me explain that when rounding to the nearest whole number, 5.88 is rounded up to 6. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Time to check those numbers again…one should never declare victory before the polls close- not that your declaration was in any way, shape or form accurate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RayC said:

Playing Devil's Advocate and accepting what you say, it still doesn't absolve successive UK governments of blame.

Surely this possibility must have occurred to the UK negotiators and they should have prepared for it? (Hope for the best, prepare for the worse).

Instead what appeared to happen was that when the UK negotiators tipped up in Brussels for the first meeting, Davis said, "Right then, business as usual except that we won't pay anything, we don't implement any more EU laws and we'll get rid of the few of the existing ones as well". When, unsurprisingly, Barnier said, "I'm afraid that doesn't work for us", Davis looked nonplussed at this reaction and had no idea what to do next.

Exaggerated for effect (but not overly).

Whilst I agree with you, you have to look at who was running Brexit negotiators. It was Teresa May who was the PM at that time and she was pro EU and who had every reason to want Brexit to fail.

The negotiators had to keep to the script  prepared for them.

IMHO she did the best she could to achieve that and was kicked out for her efforts. She may even have told Barnier that was her plan but I, like most people were not informed as to what was going on. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RayC said:

You'll have to take out a subscription to find out.

Please make a payment of £100m (subject to revision upwards) to "Sold a Pup Enterprises", Downing Street, London".

Payments can also be accepted at 55 Tufton St.

• Haha 2

OK, I'm not a an Englishman but let me turn the question around, is the EU an succes?????

In my opinion a big mess fill they own pockets, that is.

And believe me, I exchange all my euros because I don't trust that currency at all, including the EU.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You don't have to be from Switzerland , I only asked whether you were from there or not 

Your fixation on the nationality of other members is slipping out again.

The only qualification that matters is he’s a member of the forum, as a member he is permitted to comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1